Thread: Beginner + Wilma 4 x 25l + Nutrients?

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Lightbulb Beginner + Wilma 4 x 25l + Nutrients?

(Sorry for my English

Hello. I am a beginner in growing plants. I was looking for an answer to which Cannabis nutrients may be the most suitable.
    As many people, as there are so many opinions.

Could you advise which company is the best according to you? I'm at a stage when I do not feel what is what, if you know what I mean.

My first plant was grown in soil. Now I want to try Hydroponics.

The system I have now is Wilma Large XL 4 x 25l
    + clay pebbles
    + Grow Tent Bay6 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m
    + Adjust-A-Wing Avenger Large 600w HPS

Which manufacturer would you recommend? Maybe Shogun?

SHOGUN SAMURAI HYDRO GROW
    SHOGUN SAMURAI HYDRO BLOOM
    SHOGUN SUMO ACTIVE BOOST
    SHOGUN DRAGON FORCE
    SHOGUN PK WARRIOR 9/18
    SHOGUN SILICON
    SHOGUN GEISHA FOLIAR
    SHOGUN CALMAG
    SHOGUN KATANA ROOTS

or

Canna Hydro Vega & Flores
    Canna Rhizotonic
    Canna PK 13-14
    Canna Boost Accelerator
    Cannazym
    +cal mag
    +silicon
    +....

DutchPro
    General Hydroponics

and something from this list ?

SILVER BULLET ROOTS
    FORMULEX
    HYGROZME
    SUPERTHRIVE
    GREAT WHITE
    GUANOKALONG EXTRAKT
    ROOTS EXCELURATOR
    ATAMI ATA CLEAN

or..?

Thank You!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arbiter For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-12-18), Ginger-bud (24-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

of the ones you have listed, canna, shogun, dutch pro and GHE, i would go with canna, but really you don't need all that shit mate, all you need are the following;
    vega and flores
    rhizotonic
    silicone
    cal mag if you are in a soft water area. you will need this approx. 2-3 weeks into bloom, but its best to 1/2 dose it from about a week after flip.

The canna boost/pk is expensive and makes very little difference. I wouldn't bother with it. ive grown with and without, and noticed no difference in the buds.

I use ionic nutrients, grow and bloom, and growth techniology silicone and cal mag.

not use any of the stuff listed below except maybe formulex, for seedling stage or the first week or so.
    even then its not really needed and base veg nutes will be fine.

the list below has some nutrient with organic ingredients like fulvic etc and are not ideal for hydroponic grows.
    They will break down in the res through recirculation and cause root issues, trust me ive been there before.
    Now I keep it simple and notice no difference in the final product, size or quality.

you DO NOT NEED
    SILVER BULLET ROOTS
    FORMULEX
    HYGROZME
    SUPERTHRIVE
    GREAT WHITE
    GUANOKALONG EXTRAKT
    ROOTS EXCELURATOR
    ATAMI ATA CLEAN

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-12-18), Ginger-bud (24-07-18), redisiel (27-07-18), Tully (07-01-19), WhIpLaSh (27-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

I agree about the nutes, start simple, I recently switched from greenhouse all in one feed,( to expensive to ship to Canada) to root farms 2 part. This is made my Scott's miracle grow, and Hawthorne is a company specifically targeting the cannabis market.

Some produces are branded for marketing to retail customers, most contain the same stuff.
    So far so good.

Home built rdwc, green house powdered feed!
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...p%3Ft%3D171166

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (07-01-19), GEORGE (09-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    of the ones you have listed, canna, shogun, dutch pro and GHE, i would go with canna, but really you don't need all that shit mate, all you need are the following;
    vega and flores
    rhizotonic
    silicone
    cal mag if you are in a soft water area. you will need this approx. 2-3 weeks into bloom, but its best to 1/2 dose it from about a week after flip.

The canna boost/pk is expensive and makes very little difference. I wouldn't bother with it. ive grown with and without, and noticed no difference in the buds.

I use ionic nutrients, grow and bloom, and growth techniology silicone and cal mag.

not use any of the stuff listed below except maybe formulex, for seedling stage or the first week or so.

the list below has some nutrient with organic ingredients like fulvic etc and are not ideal for hydroponic grows.
    They will break down in the res through recirculation and cause root issues, trust me ive been there before.
    Now I keep it simple and notice no difference in the final product, size or quality.

you DO NOT NEED
    SILVER BULLET ROOTS
    FORMULEX
    HYGROZME
    SUPERTHRIVE
    GREAT WHITE
    GUANOKALONG EXTRAKT
    ROOTS EXCELURATOR
    ATAMI ATA CLEAN
    Amen!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 420Rancher View Post
    I agree about the nutes, start simple, I recently switched from greenhouse all in one feed,( to expensive to ship to Canada) to root farms 2 part. This is made my Scott's miracle grow, and Hawthorne is a company specifically targeting the cannabis market.

Some produces are branded for marketing to retail customers, most contain the same stuff.
    So far so good.

I don’t buy many nutrients but I certainly wouldn’t be supporting these companies,
    Also you don’t need such big pots I just started my new Wilma grow with 11 litres downgrading from 18 there just not necessary imo
    Good luck
    Redz
    Last edited by redisiel; 27-07-18 at 12:32 AM.
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (07-01-19), Dizzydave (23-10-18), GEORGE (09-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

Quote Originally Posted by redisiel View Post
    Amen!!!!

I don’t buy many nutrients but I certainly wouldn’t be supporting these companies,
    Also you don’t need such big pots I just started my new Wilma grow with 11 litres downgrading from 18 there just not necessary imo
    Good luck
    Redz
    They have such a market share here in Canada, and abroad, they are trying to change there image and lines, removing Scott's and using hawthorne, the R and D targeting the legal cannabis market in Canada the addition of organic lines. This seems like a simple approach. It's kinds nice going into the local hardware store and getting some of my growing supplies. The real challenge is seeing I it stands up to its claims. It is cheap enough.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Amen!!!!

Good luck
    Redz
    Do a diary, red! C'mon! Not enough Wilma love on the Talk 😎 Puhhhhleeeeease?!?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (07-01-19), GEORGE (09-12-18)

Thanks

Hey Redz

I’m considering getting myself a Wilma. Would you mind explaining your reason for using smaller pots as I wasn’t sure which size I should be looking at?

Thanks

Amen!!!!

Good luck
    Redz

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tyrionblue For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (07-01-19), GEORGE (09-12-18), tom222 (09-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    vega and flores
    rhizotonic
    silicone

you DO NOT NEED
    SILVER BULLET ROOTS
    FORMULEX
    HYGROZME
    SUPERTHRIVE
    GREAT WHITE
    GUANOKALONG EXTRAKT
    ROOTS EXCELURATOR
    ATAMI ATA CLEAN
    Thanks for this little bit of info as the shop I used to go too recommended a certain brand to me and said i needed all these other additives with it for big yields that i never seemed to of got and now I know why $$$$$$

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tully For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (07-01-19), Ginger-bud (09-01-19), tom222 (07-01-19)