Thread: 600w LED in tent issues

Thanks

Default 600w LED in tent issues

hi im new here so thanks in advance for any help,
    i have tried to upload my images i tried resizing but nothing seemed to work

anyway i have a 80cm by 80 cm by 160cm black orchid tent and i have a derilight 600w led lamp befor that i was using 2 125w cfl bulbs in corner of a room and it was working ok plants were loving it but it was too hot and getting too smelly (blue cheese and royal cookie) so i did a little research and decided to buy the tent and led since then i am having so many problems i have the light as high as it will go and it just meeting the recommended hight above tops of p[lants so when they grow some more the light will be too low i think and i am having serious issues with leaves becoming scorched and becoming brown crispy dead leaves that can fall apart to touch from my own research it feels like light and heat issues ??
    can anyone give me some advise please ?? is my led too much for the space and plants (4) thank you

i will try again to upload the pictures

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to de3ebeatz For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (23-07-18), GEORGE (23-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by de3ebeatz View Post
    hi im new here so thanks in advance for any help,
    i have tried to upload my images i tried resizing but nothing seemed to work

anyway i have a 80cm by 80 cm by 160cm black orchid tent and i have a derilight 600w led lamp befor that i was using 2 125w cfl bulbs in corner of a room and it was working ok plants were loving it but it was too hot and getting too smelly (blue cheese and royal cookie) so i did a little research and decided to buy the tent and led since then i am having so many problems i have the light as high as it will go and it just meeting the recommended hight above tops of p[lants so when they grow some more the light will be too low i think and i am having serious issues with leaves becoming scorched and becoming brown crispy dead leaves that can fall apart to touch from my own research it feels like light and heat issues ??
    can anyone give me some advise please ?? is my led too much for the space and plants (4) thank you

i will try again to upload the pictures
    You need 10 post to post pictures, and they need to be 2mb or smaller.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

de3ebeatz (23-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,816 Times

At what height do you use the leds?
    A man chooses, a slave obeys!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JamesJoyce For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (23-07-18), de3ebeatz (23-07-18), GEORGE (23-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,097 Times

Shouldn't be the light being to strong. As James Joyce said what height is it from your plants?

I'm guessing the height they recommend is 30inches?

I think you don't want to be closer than 18inch, that may cause bleaching. Shouldn't burn though

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ben.g For This Useful Post:

de3ebeatz (23-07-18), GEORGE (23-07-18), JamesJoyce (23-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.g View Post
    Shouldn't be the light being to strong. As James Joyce said what height is it from your plants?

I'm guessing the height they recommend is 30inches?

I think you don't want to be closer than 18inch, that may cause bleaching. Shouldn't burn though
    yh this is what i mean the tent is only 160cm tall and with the ratchet the light is about 26 inches from top of plants and they are still only 3 weeks old so if the light is the problem i cant actually get the light any higher. my nutes regime is with advanced nutrients ph perfect micro, grow, bloom and i follow the feed schedule chart on their website plus i always have a feed every other water and always ph water at 6.3

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to de3ebeatz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks for the replys btw

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to de3ebeatz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,097 Times

Don't panic.

You can avoid the light problem by topping the plant then Listing it. It might get a bit close but I think you will be able to keep it in the safe range.

Your plant is 3 weeks old (from seed). I'm guessing your growing in soil, I think your giving her nutrients a bit to early mate.

Also you don't need nutes every time you water.

I've only used nutes twice in my grow. 1st time was day 41 from seed. She's now nearly 60 days old.

This could be what's causing your burning. It makes soil to "hot"

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ben.g For This Useful Post:

de3ebeatz (24-07-18), GEORGE (23-07-18), Herbitual (23-07-18), JamesJoyce (23-07-18), Kurdt (23-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,816 Times

Like Ben.g said, I don’t think the problem is with the led s height and you better decrease the amount the charts say...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamesJoyce For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (23-07-18), GEORGE (24-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.g View Post
    Don't panic.

You can avoid the light problem by topping the plant then Listing it. It might get a bit close but I think you will be able to keep it in the safe range.

Your plant is 3 weeks old (from seed). I'm guessing your growing in soil, I think your giving her nutrients a bit to early mate.

Also you don't need nutes every time you water.

I've only used nutes twice in my grow. 1st time was day 41 from seed. She's now nearly 60 days old.

This could be what's causing your burning. It makes soil to "hot"
    thanks that makes sense to me plus mine are autos and on further reading i think they dont need as much nutes. ive always fed every other water so one clean ph water then on feed but im gonna try and half the amount of nutes used and maybe only feed once a week for a while see if that helps.
    it seems to have slowed the growth down quite a bit but hopefully they will pull through

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to de3ebeatz For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (24-07-18), GEORGE (24-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JamesJoyce View Post
    At what height do you use the leds?
    did have them at 22 inches above top, but raised them to max height which is approx 28 inches above top, but as i said they are only 3 weeks old so as they grow that height will decrease

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to de3ebeatz For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (24-07-18), GEORGE (24-07-18)