Thread: Vaping or smoking marijuana

Thanks

Default Vaping or smoking marijuana

I faced the problem of anxiety 2 years ago. Recently I was prescribed medical marijuana, and I’m thinking about vaping it instead of smoking marijuana because I’m afraid that as a former cigarettes smoker I’ll return to smoking again. I compared the pros and cons of each way using the information, that I found on VapingDaily, and want to try vaping.
    What do you think about this? Maybe someone has personal experience?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lyn3317 For This Useful Post:

G' (20-05-20), ggotch (01-08-18), hotshot (04-08-18), Mac (20-05-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,081 Times in 1,942 Posts

I've been off the cigarettes 4-5 years. The funny thing about the body is how it adapts. As a smoker, the love for the devil sticks ran deep. Now, I despise tobacco.

Few months back I was having regular joints with the missus. For one, tobacco just instantly ruines the flavour for me, tastes like poison. I'd get all this random tastes like plastic burning and all sorts of other random sthuff. But in saying that, after a month or so I could feel the body craving tobacco. Something that was easy to nip in the bud but it's a dangerous game to play around with the devil's sticks. How many times have your heard a smoker say one more? Which I have been guilty off

I'd get people to do a smell test. Smell the weed, smell the tobacco. It's like nature is telling us which is the obvious choice.

I can smoke a blunt, bong, pipe etc and never get any urges for a cigarette. Tbh though I'd rather hit the vaporizer. It's cleaner, kinder to the body and your left with dry weed you can use again.

I'm sure you can feel the difference with your breathing, chest etc. It's not something I'd go back too and I'd chance you'd be the same.

Stay strong bro.
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

G' (20-05-20), ggotch (01-08-18), hotshot (04-08-18), Mac (20-05-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,825 Times in 2,661 Posts

the less burnt stuff that goes into your lungs has to be better shirley.

vaping ftw

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

G' (20-05-20), gardro (31-07-18), hotshot (04-08-18), Mac (20-05-20), UpT0wn (02-08-18)

Thanks

I have a dry herb vape with water perc n carb cap on it but i prefer to do an old school shottie(which has a pinch of tobacco in the tube to hold the weed when you pull it) all day long over the vape, it just doesnt give me the same effect. That being said i think a better quality way of vaping may be a much better smoke, something like a volcano. Its purely assumptions on my behalf as a volcano is out of my budget and i havent had a chance to use one tbh. I think whichever way you choose to smoke it you really do get what you pay for when it comes to the device youre vaping with.
    Bad gardener
    Good smoker
    Lets change that

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pppass For This Useful Post:

G' (20-05-20), hotshot (18-05-20), Mac (20-05-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,290 Times in 1,801 Posts

I have never smoked tobacco so don't understand how strong the addiction can be. Personally I smoke blunts (no tobacco).
    Bought volcano and top of range portable vape both went on ebay after 6 months. Some people say vaping tastes better to me it all tasted the same awful.

I would never vape again but then I don't have the problem of tobacco temptation.

As far as anxiety goes be very, very careful this is a big problem for me when I smoke weed as it can compound the problem. If this does happen just remember it is the weed causing it and it will pass. Strangely sativa varieties cause me less anxiety than indica Jack Herer being one of the best for me quick hitting happiness with no anxiety.

Best of luck Lynn and if you are feeling anxious don't try and smoke your way out of it as it won't work. Only smoke when you are in a good place.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

G' (20-05-20), hotshot (19-05-20), Mac (20-05-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,396 Times in 6,830 Posts

My wife smokes J's for medical reasons she has Dystonia and has attacks which are very much like epileptic fits but she is conscious throughout they can last from 2/3 minutes to 10/15 minutes all of her muscles go into painful spasm, 4 or 5 good tokes on a nice strong joint and the attacks stop instantly, i got her a dry vape and had it loaded up awaiting the on come of her next attack, when the attack came i fired up the vape for her and she toked away but to my surprise it didn't stop the attack and she didn't feel any affects until the attack was over but it did eventually couch lock her so it was back to the J's for her attacks but the vape is ideal for her good night smoke, don't know why it doesn't work for the attacks ??? anyone any thoughts ??? hope the vape works for your medical problem Lyn, all the best G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

Latest diary's

G' Inherits 4 x Master Kush

G' goes for the Bride cake and a berry bomb

G' has Virtigo with auto Alaskan Purple

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...Alaskan-purple

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d-a-berry-bomb

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

hotshot (20-05-20), Mac (20-05-20), M_C (20-05-20), toblue (20-05-20), Valentina (16-06-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 150,941 Times in 43,317 Posts

Maybe up the temp?
    "The purpose of our lives is to be happy."
    (Dalai Lama)

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

G' (20-05-20), hotshot (20-05-20), Mac (20-05-20), Valentina (16-06-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,396 Times in 6,830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Maybe up the temp?
    Tried it on the highest setting mate but still no joy for stopping the attacks but excellent to help her sleep, cheers boss.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

hotshot (20-05-20), Valentina (16-06-20)

Thanks

I prefer smoke CBD buds! I started smoking CBD after I learned about its benefits and it has helped me so much.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gramm For This Useful Post:

hotshot (22-06-20), jingo (22-06-20)

Thanks

Default Vaping or smoking marijuana

No links aloud.
    Last edited by British green; 28-06-20 at 11:44 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to gramm For This Useful Post:

hotshot (28-06-20)

Thanks

I don't smoke anything anymore. I vape dry herb and make tinctures. Can't stand the smell and taste of burning and vaping helped my anxiety because you can dial into the temperature for what cannibinoids you want to activate.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McTavish23 For This Useful Post:

hotshot (28-06-20), M_C (28-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McTavish23 View Post
    I don't smoke anything anymore. I vape dry herb and make tinctures. Can't stand the smell and taste of burning and vaping helped my anxiety because you can dial into the temperature for what cannibinoids you want to activate.
    Same here, the taste of burnt weed is now awful after stopping smoking.... I used to bong often but after not using the bong for a few days, I went back to it & hated the burnt taste... now it's my vape only

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Herbitual (28-06-20), hotshot (28-06-20), McTavish23 (28-06-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 31,667 Times in 6,078 Posts

I don't think I even own a lighter anymore. 'Mighty' for the win.
    I'd love to do it and you know you've always had it coming

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Dirty_badger (28-06-20), hotshot (28-06-20), McTavish23 (28-06-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,956 Times in 4,032 Posts

I vaped for quite a few years and then switched to smoking, mainly because I can get a higher dose quicker.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jingo For This Useful Post:

hotshot (28-06-20), M_C (28-06-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,290 Times in 1,801 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Same here, the taste of burnt weed is now awful after stopping smoking.... I used to bong often but after not using the bong for a few days, I went back to it & hated the burnt taste... now it's my vape only
    Must admit I am the complete opposite, I bought into the vaping big style, Volcano for home and good quality portable for walks and pub garden. Tried them for a year and hated everything about vaping, the look the taste and the effect. Sold all of the vapes on ebay and now far happier smoking joints with no tobacco (I have never smoked tobacco). Apart from looking like a glue sniffing tw@t with the bag It just didn't suit me and to be truthful my lungs and throat feel much better smoking joints.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

hotshot (29-06-20), jingo (28-06-20), M_C (28-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    I vaped for quite a few years and then switched to smoking, mainly because I can get a higher dose quicker.

I've noticed with vaping that it seems to take longer to get to the same place

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

hotshot (29-06-20), jingo (28-06-20)

Thanks

Very good article about it - ***NO LINKS PLEASE***
    Last edited by M_C; Yesterday at 02:09 PM. Reason: Link removal

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strandedonthebeach For This Useful Post:

hotshot (Yesterday), jingo (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,990 Times in 1,327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McTavish23 View Post
    That’s the answer right there if you ask me,different temps different cannibaloids ,thca comes at a certain temp,I think,cbd,cbg,cbn and so on.
    It's nice to be nice.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

hotshot (Yesterday), jingo (Yesterday), WhIpLaSh (Yesterday)