Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ties for LST, should I sanitize?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Default Ties for LST, should I sanitize?

Bought these for the LST, very strong and soft coating to minimize damage. Anyway was wondering should I sanitize them before using and if so what would be best to use ?

Many thanks in advance
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180802_095645.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	363745
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180802_095710.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	363746

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-08-18), WhIpLaSh (02-08-18)

Macky Guest

You should be ok to just go ahead and use it. But if you want to be extra cautious, give it a clean in some Milton. Rinse it off after wards, let it dry, and everything should be sterile and ready to go

Sent from: Me, to space, and then to you

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Gaz (02-08-18), GEORGE (02-08-18), Valentina (02-08-18), WhIpLaSh (02-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    You should be ok to just go ahead and use it. But if you want to be extra cautious, give it a clean in some Milton. Rinse it off after wards, let it dry, and everything should be sterile and ready to go

Brilliant thanks I will just use it then. Loving this forum, definitely feel like I have more chance of success, really glad I joined.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-08-18), M_C (03-08-18), WhIpLaSh (02-08-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NewbGaz View Post
    Brilliant thanks I will just use it then. Loving this forum, definitely feel like I have more chance of success, really glad I joined.
    The best thing, any grower can do for their plants, and a good chance of a good harvest is join THCtalk.com, simple, you've made the right move mate. For a good healthy plant, you need NPK and THCtalk lol

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Gaz (02-08-18), GEORGE (02-08-18), M_C (03-08-18), WhIpLaSh (02-08-18)

Thanks

Is there any chance you could keep an eye on my diary macky ? Mainly for helping me get the LST done earlier enough to maximise my space. Ive literally read hours of stuff here and elsewhere and Im still stressing about getting the timing right. Also Ive read so many conflicting things about topping and trimming ????? Ive decided not to top and I feel I dont have the experience to trim. Will this set me back much. Sorry Im a pain but I have one of those minds that wont shut up until Im satisfied I know whats what. It helps for my degree (very mature student) and helps me have the patience to read endlessly but is incredibly difficult when I cant find a satisfactory answer lol.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-08-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NewbGaz View Post
    Is there any chance you could keep an eye on my diary macky ? Mainly for helping me get the LST done earlier enough to maximise my space. Ive literally read hours of stuff here and elsewhere and Im still stressing about getting the timing right. Also Ive read so many conflicting things about topping and trimming ????? Ive decided not to top and I feel I dont have the experience to trim. Will this set me back much. Sorry Im a pain but I have one of those minds that wont shut up until Im satisfied I know whats what. It helps for my degree (very mature student) and helps me have the patience to read endlessly but is incredibly difficult when I cant find a satisfactory answer lol.
    Sure man I’ll keep an eye on you mate. You have to top once though I will say that. Indoor growing isn’t the same as out doors, the light can’t get to the bottom of the plant. The taller the plant is, the less light the bottom of the plant will get. Topping once, and training will keep the plant low and the canopy even, stop being a pussy you’ll be fine mate. It’s a bit nerve wracking the first time, but you’ll get used to it. Seriously, indoors, you need to top, but only once! I won’t go into the science of why, as I’ve already typed enough lol.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Gaz (02-08-18), GEORGE (02-08-18)

Thanks

Sure man I’ll keep an eye on you mate. You have to top once though I will say that. Indoor growing isn’t the same as out doors, the light can’t get to the bottom of the plant. The taller the plant is, the less light the bottom of the plant will get. Topping once, and training will keep the plant low and the canopy even, stop being a pussy you’ll be fine mate. It’s a bit nerve wracking the first time, but you’ll get used to it. Seriously, indoors, you need to top, but only once! I won’t go into the science of why, as I’ve already typed enough lol.

Lol ok I will top :s lol, 4th node right ? I had read not to top autos but I will take your advice mate. Do you top and then LST ? I was planning to start bending the plant when it had 3 nodes ? So just leave it and top above the 4th node ? Then bend the whole plant over ? Do I wait a few days for the plant to recover from topping ?.....
    Wow thats alot of questions I should get a medal for most annoying newcomer

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...c-Grow-Box-Led
    Last edited by Gaz; 02-08-18 at 02:54 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-08-18)

Macky Guest

Let’s not rush to pick a node, maybe fifth let’s see how big they get first. Then train after wards

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Gaz (02-08-18), GEORGE (09-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,845 Times

Auto u say? Just be careful top to soon or to late and your really going to stunt them, top on the 3rd node any later and its to late

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twisted For This Useful Post:

Gaz (02-08-18), GEORGE (09-08-18)

Thanks

Let’s not rush to pick a node, maybe fifth let’s see how big they get first. Then train after wards

Ok man will do, thanks macky

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-08-18), Twisted (03-08-18)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast