Thread: Russet Mites

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Default Russet Mites

Im putting some research I've done together about these THC eating mites

Please drop me a PM or post on here if you have any insights, stories or successes with dealing with them.

Our US counterparts seem to struggle with these more than over here

Much obliged

🔆🔆https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070817743

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (31-08-18), Gaz (31-08-18), Ironman (04-08-18), M_C (04-08-18), WhIpLaSh (04-08-18)

Thanks

Got some time on my hands to put this together now but what I've learned the hard way and through reading is that IPM is the common solution to many pest issues

I know Redz and Loki are key knowledge holders here so wondered if a separate thread just on IPM is required to be the sticky of all stickies. Someone far more experienced could put that thread together

The russet mites thread for example would be about identification and then link to the IPM thread

What do you think?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Gaz (31-08-18), Loki (31-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Got some time on my hands to put this together now but what I've learned the hard way and through reading is that IPM is the common solution to many pest issues

I know Redz and Loki are key knowledge holders here so wondered if a separate thread just on IPM is required to be the sticky of all stickies. Someone far more experienced could put that thread together

The russet mites thread for example would be about identification and then link to the IPM thread

What do you think?

BG gave me some good IPM advice with neem oil on my diary. Says hes not had a bug in like a decade I think. Im gonna be doing it for next grow.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

gardro (31-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    BG gave me some good IPM advice with neem oil on my diary. Says hes not had a bug in like a decade I think. Im gonna be doing it for next grow.
    Thanks Gaz

We need to put all this together with a full IPM list. One or 2 things doesn't cut it as I've found 😱

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Gaz (31-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

I'm.getting rid of my tent after this grow, going to start fresh with new equipment & a new room. I'll share my ipm methods with everyone once I get cracking. It's nothing special, but when it comes to bugs, as with most things in life, prevention is better than a cure.

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

gardro (31-08-18), Gaz (31-08-18), UpT0wn (31-08-18)

Thanks

Thanks Loki, have you condemned the kit then ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I'm.getting rid of my tent after this grow, going to start fresh with new equipment & a new room. I'll share my ipm methods with everyone once I get cracking. It's nothing special, but when it comes to bugs, as with most things in life, prevention is better than a cure.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Gaz (31-08-18)

Thanks

Thanks Loki, have you condemned the kit then ?

I think so yeah, just the tent, I'm expanding to a 2.4 by 2.4 by 2.4 if I can get it that high. I also plan on using leds so can cut back on extraction too, will be installing bug filters on the intake as I'll be using an air vent that is installed in the wall.
    I might go nuclear on the tent & keep it as a drying room, might as well make use of the 12" ghekko lol

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (31-08-18), gardro (31-08-18), Gaz (31-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I think so yeah, just the tent, I'm expanding to a 2.4 by 2.4 by 2.4 if I can get it that high. I also plan on using leds so can cut back on extraction too, will be installing bug filters on the intake as I'll be using an air vent that is installed in the wall.
    I might go nuclear on the tent & keep it as a drying room, might as well make use of the 12" ghekko lol
    I've just got bug screens fitted ( after my issue stated) and it's staggering how much is caught in there

I think your onto it, these buggers like to catch onto wind trails, I think it's in their genes

Got 4 smoke bombs to let off in my groom and garage but end of the day, outside is so close to all our grow rooms so prevention is the only cure

These must be exploring my whole tent right now

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070817743

Last edited by gardro; 31-08-18 at 09:15 AM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (31-08-18), Gaz (31-08-18), Loki (31-08-18), WhIpLaSh (31-08-18)

Thanks

I've just got bug screens fitted ( after my issue stated) and it's staggering how much is caught in there

I think your onto it, these buggers like to catch onto wind trails, I think it's in their genes

Got 4 smoke bombs to let off in my groom and garage but end of the day, outside is so close to all our grow rooms so prevention is the only cure

These must be exploring my whole tent right now

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070817743

That's the thing with mites, once you chop, they will gather at the chop point, they only like the plant when it's alive.
    It's definitely all about the prevention dude, what better way to fight bugs then to not have them lol.
    I'm going to bug bomb the tent after this grow & start fresh.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

British green (31-08-18), CityDweller (31-08-18), gardro (31-08-18), Gaz (31-08-18), tom222 (02-09-18)

Macky Guest

Just scrolling past and seeing this pic has ruined my day, fuck knows how you’re feeling mate. Unlucky man, gutted for you

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (31-08-18), gardro (31-08-18), Gaz (31-08-18), tom222 (02-09-18)