Thanks

Default Auto pots

Hi
    Coco coir 70%
    perlite 30%
    pebbles 1 3/4 inches
    nutriment

This is my first grow in auto pots
    transplanted plants into auto pots left medium to almost dried out which takes 6 days was very dry turned on auto pots.

I have also bought a moisture meter can't think of the name of it but it is green square one with two probes on the meter 1to3 dry 4to7 moist 8to10 wet

My question it is damp at top and when I stick my finger in pots it seems very moist and when I stick the meter in the first 4 inches says moist 6 and when I push it down all the way the meter goes to wet 10 which I presume on the meter it's very wet. in the tray the water level is about 15 to 20ml and the tray go's wet to dry.
    I was under the impression that first couple of inches was supposed to be dry so the roots would search for water further down.
    Is this normal.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,526 Times

Quote Originally Posted by paul4 View Post
    Hi
    Coco coir 70%
    perlite 30%
    pebbles 1 3/4 inches
    nutriment

This is my first grow in auto pots
    transplanted plants into auto pots left medium to almost dried out which takes 6 days was very dry turned on auto pots.

I have also bought a moisture meter can't think of the name of it but it is green square one with two probes on the meter 1to3 dry 4to7 moist 8to10 wet

My question it is damp at top and when I stick my finger in pots it seems very moist and when I stick the meter in the first 4 inches says moist 6 and when I push it down all the way the meter goes to wet 10 which I presume on the meter it's very wet. in the tray the water level is about 15 to 20ml and the tray go's wet to dry.
    I was under the impression that first couple of inches was supposed to be dry so the roots would search for water further down.
    Is this normal.

Thanks.
    How big are you plants Paul?
    Maybe throw a few pics on. When I grew in the autos pots, I Fed from the top for a good week or so before I set the res and floats up. 👍🏻
    "To live is to risk it all. Otherwise you're just an inert chunk of randomly assembled molecules drifting wherever the universe blows you."

Thanks

About 7 inches and I have topped them and branches are about 7 inches and have started scroing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to paul4 For This Useful Post:

Farmshop (09-08-18)

Thanks

About 7 inches and I have topped them and branches are about 7 inches and have started scroing.
    If they are growing, then I'm guessing they have put some roots down 👍🏻

Thanks

Yes they are growing and look okay .
    It was just one of those questions I've been meaning to ask.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to paul4 For This Useful Post:

Farmshop (09-08-18)

Thanks

Yes they are growing and look okay .
    It was just one of those questions I've been meaning to ask.
    Plenty of help to be found on here buddy. You got a diary going on?