Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ozone generator in a wardrobe

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

gardro (13-08-18), GEORGE (16-08-18), ggotch (13-08-18), joker_the_smoker (13-08-18), M_C (13-08-18), UpT0wn (13-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    I have a personal gas monitor for my job and once I went in my room after work and the thing started beeping and flashing. Ozone was above if I remember right 1200 ppm . Unplugged it and vacated the room . Left extraction on full . Never used the ozone generator since . I’m unsure if ya would have used h2s gas at school but sulphur dioxde it self was often used . A room with a higher rate than 800 ppm of h2s gas and ya dead within 5mins

Sent from a green and pleasant land
    Think it was this experiment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks3/sc...es/revision/2/

🔆🔆https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070817743

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

British green (13-08-18), GEORGE (13-08-18), ggotch (13-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Think it was this experiment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks3/sc...es/revision/2/

Yeah that will make a good stink of rotten eggs. School experiments inspired me 🤪🇬🇧

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

gardro (13-08-18), GEORGE (13-08-18), ggotch (13-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Kills them mold spores outright 😃 ya could say goodbye rot , hello damaged lungs 🇬🇧

Rather smoke sum rot hahaha

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

British green (13-08-18), gardro (13-08-18), GEORGE (13-08-18), ggotch (13-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

You'd probably get 200 million compensation if you inhaled this in California

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-08-18), ggotch (13-08-18), M_C (14-08-18)

Thanks

Ok. No it's not in a bedroom but could be. Using it to save a grow is a sorry place to be anyway. But leaving it on for a blast on timer, plus a good half hour wait time, to kill any pathogens prior to sticking the plants in is the plan. That's going to cut down the botrytis and spider mite chances.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Stretch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-08-18)

Thanks

So does ozonator kill any bacteria, fungus and mold spores? Would it be good idea to ozonate the space where the tent will be? Got some mold at my ladies last run, so thinking if ozonating is a good and easy option compared to cleaning all with soap/alcohol?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to texnik For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,466 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dumbaf View Post
    So does ozonator kill any bacteria, fungus and mold spores? Would it be good idea to ozonate the space where the tent will be? Got some mold at my ladies last run, so thinking if ozonating is a good and easy option compared to cleaning all with soap/alcohol?
    Yes it does! But it's unfortunately harmful to you and your pets. Maybe on a timer with caution. This blurb is from RQS:

The first and most immediate disadvantage is that ozone is harmful to humans, even at low concentrations. It does disperse quickly, but even so, breathing in too much O? can cause coughing, shortness of breath and chest pains. It also exacerbates existing health conditions, like asthma, which could increase the likelihood of infections. Bottom line—you, and any animals do not want to be near an ozone generator when it is on.

I've seen a hundred growers and none of them tout an O3 generator. Most of the best ones I've seen say that airflow and proper humidity control is the best bet against the dreaded rot.

Some other thoughts from our National Park Service:
    Ground-level ozone is one of the most widespread air pollutants. Naturally-occurring ozone in the upper atmosphere forms a layer that absorbs the sun's harmful ultraviolet rays and protects all life on earth.

Ozone damages plants by entering leaf openings called stomata and oxidizing (burning) plant tissue during respiration. This damages the plant leaves and causes reduced survival. Many factors can increase the amount of ozone injury such as soil moisture, presence of other air pollutants, insects or diseases, and other environmental stresses. Ozone effects on natural vegetation have been documented throughout the country, especially in many areas of the eastern U.S. and in California. Ozone gardens are one way that national parks are studying ozone effects on vegetation in collaboration with students and community groups.

Fastbuds has an article on ozone with some pros/cons on how and why to use ozone. 2fast4buds

I'd think, in your case, it may be satisfying to use in between runs, when you are away from the groom, just not sure you want to start dosing yourself daily.

Best
    B

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (19-06-22), GEORGE (19-06-22), M_C (19-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

I'd rather throw on a mask and some gloves and bleach clean the room. Then control humidity to avoid mold. Self draining dehumidifier really helps with having a mold free grow. I've never had mold or rot while growing. Only when i messed up with drying.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

barney_b (19-06-22), GEORGE (19-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dumbaf View Post
    Ozone kills everything, it oxidises it

Plant. mould, animal - it cares not.....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (19-06-22), British green (12-07-22), CityDweller (19-06-22), GEORGE (19-06-22)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast