Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First Grow, Help Needed

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,778 Times

Heres a few close up pics, not the best.
    Had a look through microscope and trics are still clear at the moment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image4-1.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	365665   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image5.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	365666   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image6.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	365667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image7.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	365668  
    Last edited by Chippy1; 09-09-18 at 08:44 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chippy1 For This Useful Post:

cannabisphilanthropist (10-09-18), G' (25-09-18), GEORGE (10-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Yer you’re right, a closer look, those white hairs are straight, and new, you’ve got weeks left
    I've turned the fan away from the plants now, is there anything else I can do to try andstop the leaves dying?
    Feed them more/less?
    Water more/less?
    Increase humidity?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chippy1 For This Useful Post:

cannabisphilanthropist (10-09-18), G' (25-09-18), Gaz (09-09-18), GEORGE (10-09-18), Valentina (10-09-18)

Thanks

they look like they need some food and water...possibly a little extra nitrogen,,they have a ways to go still...

id also be on top of the feeding schedule... only half recommended nutes every other feeding unless plants are telling you otherwise.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cannabisphilanthropist For This Useful Post:

Chippy1 (10-09-18), GEORGE (10-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cannabisphilanthropist View Post
    they look like they need some food and water...possibly a little extra nitrogen,,they have a ways to go still...

id also be on top of the feeding schedule... only half recommended nutes every other feeding unless plants are telling you otherwise.
    Cheers man, I'll have a look at my feeds and see which is best. Think i have a tomato feed thats high in nitrogen

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chippy1 For This Useful Post:

cannabisphilanthropist (10-09-18), G' (25-09-18), Gaz (10-09-18), GEORGE (10-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,893 Times

She’s coming to an end for sure mate, have you check the trichomes ( thc crystals)

Very useful information.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmokeSara For This Useful Post:

Chippy1 (11-09-18), G' (25-09-18), GEORGE (10-09-18)

Thanks

So for anyone that's interested I went to my local hydroponics shop the other day to grab some stuff and showed them the pictures of my plants and described my set up.
    They said the plants look like they have gone back into veg and are on the edge of being ruined.

Straight away they said it was too hot and I needed to get the temperature right down and have a difference of at least 10oC between night and day temps. I got myself a cheap inlet fan to assist with this as my setup didn't include one so fresh air was only getting pulled in through the bottom vents.
    They also said I was ruining the plants by checking in on them during their night time and that any light getting onto them during their night would wake them up and put them back into veg. To try and stop this I have changed their day time cycle to day light hours that way I can try and prevent any natural light getting onto them during their night cycle. I will also have to stop myself checking on them and just let nature do its thing.
    They also suggested I should lift the pots off the floor as the cold ground might cause the roots to stop working.

All in all it seems me being a pest has been the issue and in future I should just leave the plants to it.

Lessons learnt and a little bit of extra kit and I hope my next attempt will be better.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chippy1 For This Useful Post:

G' (25-09-18), GEORGE (16-09-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chippy1 View Post
    So for anyone that's interested I went to my local hydroponics shop the other day to grab some stuff and showed them the pictures of my plants and described my set up.
    They said the plants look like they have gone back into veg and are on the edge of being ruined.

Straight away they said it was too hot and I needed to get the temperature right down and have a difference of at least 10oC between night and day temps. I got myself a cheap inlet fan to assist with this as my setup didn't include one so fresh air was only getting pulled in through the bottom vents.
    They also said I was ruining the plants by checking in on them during their night time and that any light getting onto them during their night would wake them up and put them back into veg. To try and stop this I have changed their day time cycle to day light hours that way I can try and prevent any natural light getting onto them during their night cycle. I will also have to stop myself checking on them and just let nature do its thing.
    They also suggested I should lift the pots off the floor as the cold ground might cause the roots to stop working.

All in all it seems me being a pest has been the issue and in future I should just leave the plants to it.

Lessons learnt and a little bit of extra kit and I hope my next attempt will be better.
    All sound advice that is mate... didnt know you were checking on them whilst theyre supposed to be sleeping.... expect seeds in this crop mate, they have probably hermied

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Chippy1 (19-09-18), G' (25-09-18), GEORGE (16-09-18)

Thanks

All sound advice that is mate... didnt know you were checking on them whilst theyre supposed to be sleeping.... expect seeds in this crop mate, they have probably hermied
    Having a look at the buds there don't seem to be any obvious seeds or nannas but I'm not expecting amazing things from my first grow. I've just reduced the day time to 10/14 and got the temp down even further to get the plants to finish quickly so I can crop and get it dried and cured.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chippy1 For This Useful Post:

G' (25-09-18), GEORGE (19-09-18)

Thanks

random post to get to 20 lol

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chippy1 For This Useful Post:

G' (25-09-18), GEORGE (25-09-18)

Thanks

Good news!!!
    I got 4.1 ounce off of the plants which I don't think is too bad considering the issues I've had.
    It's been curing for a week and we tested it last night and I can confirm, "it is good shit!!"

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chippy1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-10-18), Kurdt (20-10-18), WhIpLaSh (20-10-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2