Thread: Thoughts on normal pots vs air pots & coco vs 60/40 coco clay pebble mix

Thanks

Default Thoughts on normal pots vs air pots & coco vs 60/40 coco clay pebble mix

Like the title suggests im looking for peoples thoughts on normal pots vs air pots & coco vs 60/40 coco clay pebble mix.

My set up: 1.2mx1.8mx2m grow room, 600w hps, Growers Ark nutes inc flush, ATA booster and PK13/14, fans and filter

I started doing autos a few years ago and using coco in 15L normal pots and was getting so so results @2-3oz per plant, after talking to a grow shop owner i eventually moved to air pots & 60/40 coco clay pebble mix and i was then struggling to get @1-1.5oz per plant, i mainly do a mixture of plants each time but i had done a few plants the same in my last few non air pot grows and when i switched over to the new air pots i put 2 of them in, when they finished i noticed the weight difference ie under by @0.5-1oz per plant compared to the 3 i grew previously over the year in different grows, that was my last grow with autos.

I then decided to go back to 12/12 seeds as i always had decent results in the past using coco and normal pots but this time i was using the air pots & 60/40 coco clay pebble mix and again i struggled to get 2oz, 3 plants each got @50grams, the 4th got 3oz but the buds wasnt tight like the other 3 plants,

In the next couple of days ive got to pot up to my seedlings/young plants into 15L pots and buy the soil for it, but im not sure if i want to continue the way i am and im wondering if the switch from coco in normal pots to air pots & 60/40 coco clay pebble mix has had an effect on things?

I also used the same feeding schedule so i dont think its too much/lack of nutes etc, any info you guys have would be greatly appreciated

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pots.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	365877

2. The Following User Says Thank You to timmy77 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Forget the 60/40 mix and go with canna coco pro plus with canna coco A&B nutes and air-pots...If you don't see better results then something else is off such as environment or feed schedule....

Regards BL

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-18), M_C (13-09-18), timmy77 (14-09-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Forget the 60/40 mix and go with canna coco pro plus with canna coco A&B nutes and air-pots...If you don't see better results then something else is off such as environment or feed schedule....

Regards BL
    Yer what he said can’t go wrong with coco in airports mate. Don’t need perlite as drainage is already perfect on coco.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-09-18), timmy77 (14-09-18)

Thanks

Thanks for the replies, il give that combo a go then

8. The Following User Says Thank You to timmy77 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Airpots or grow bags for coco . Theyre ok also for soil as long it dont get too dry cuz peat based soil mixes become hydrophobic and repels water and flushes out the nutrients of the soil trying to rehydrate it .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-10-18)