Thread: Scrog vs sog. Which is better and in what situations and why

Thanks

Default Scrog vs sog. Which is better and in what situations and why

Scrog vs scrog

Like to have a pros and cons comparison of both and hopefully we can illustrate which would be better and in what situation. Have only ever had experience hands on with scrog so I'd love more input from others

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Thelazyfarmer For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

more watering with sog and more light needed but quick veg time turn around.

scrog less plant required to fill the space little more veg time needed though. plus like to keep plant number on lower side with is easier to do with scrog

i can fill a 1.2x1.2 wall to wall with bud off 4, but just requires little more veg time an training.

thats just 4 plants there

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

AND (24-11-18), GEORGE (17-09-18), Peanut butter (24-11-18), WhIpLaSh (17-09-18), _teapot_ (17-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

SOGs are for lazy bastard . SCROGS are for enthusiasts who like to get the max outta their grow space with limited plants .

Lets say ya want to do a.sog . It wouod take 10 plants to fill your area . Scrog 4 ......

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

I like the wire cage approach, because I am to dam lazy to learn how to scrog. I have never been able to figure out how to water with a scrog. lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	366010  

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

AND (24-11-18), British green (17-09-18)

Guest Guest

I may be wrong but Sog always seemed like a cash croppers way of doing things. Loadsa plants grown as fast as possible, not my idea of fun. Don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody on here doing it. With a ten plant limit I guess there’s no point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

AND (24-11-18), British green (17-09-18), gardro (17-09-18), GEORGE (19-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cantona View Post
    I may be wrong but Sog always seemed like a cash croppers way of doing things. Loadsa plants grown as fast as possible, not my idea of fun. Don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody on here doing it. With a ten plant limit I guess there’s no point.

I'm doing sog this time because of my single bucket dwc. I have to move the plants to change nutes.

Originally I was going to do fewer plants and built an rdwc system, but it leaked, I had seedlings to go in and I got frustrated with the whole thing.

Scrog is actually a superior method.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

AND (24-11-18), GEORGE (26-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

Watering isn’t bad with a scrog.... u just have to develop a routine, and a way to water. Currently my tent opens up on all four sides so that makes things easier. But they do make long nozzled watering cans.... scrog is a better way to use an area imho. Plus u don’t need clones.

Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

AND (24-11-18), GEORGE (26-11-18), Jeff (24-11-18)