Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Clean weed of broken glass particles

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,368 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBalls View Post
    I should have mentioned she doesn't live nearby, and she's a newb to weed so can't really do hash teks etc. But it's a great idea otherwise.

Just to clarify re. vaping... the bud is kept sort of seperated from the mouthpiece, with little holes:

The weed is heated to just the right temp, no direct combustion by fire. No smoke. Are we saying that tiny glass particles would somehow be present within this vapour? Or chemicals? I guess Hotshot, that's what you meant about glass pipes - i.e heating glass itself isn't dangerous. Just inhaling glass particles would be.

So I'm also imagining the vape should be fine, but if anyone knows any more science info about how that works then I'm interested!
    Arizer solo? Same as I use mate. If bits of bud can get through the glass filter (what is it, around 1mm diameter holes?) Then bits of glass could get through just as easily. As you inhale there's a good bit of suction pulling whatever's in that chamber into your mouth. I wouldn't go near that mate without at least the cheesecloth suggested, but even then... Any bits of glass large enough to be sharp getting into your throat, that's not a nice thought.

A water filter fitting might be an option but there's an element of cost there and I still wouldn't like to say confidently it'd definitely stop any glass.

The glass if it's contained shouldn't affect the vapour, it won't get hot enough in there to melt or anything.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

Gaz (23-09-18), GEORGE (23-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Slide a cigarette filter down the tube ? Like one of a fag not rolling baccy ones ? Lol

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-09-18), thelastrebel (23-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,368 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Slide a cigarette filter down the tube ? Like one of a fag not rolling baccy ones ? Lol
    Haha just tested that, not a very snug fit! You'd end up choking on the filter I think.

Ebay item number 636225543178 is an example of some metal mesh filters you can get for the solo, I think what I would personally do is use one or two of those in the chamber, and use an elastic band to hold something like cheese cloth over the mouth end. I'm not a doctor or an expert in inhaling glass shards (if that's something you can be an expert in?) But if joints aren't an option, I would think that should be pretty safe if you inhale slowly.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

Gaz (24-09-18), GEORGE (24-09-18), M_C (23-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

I always got told a proper cigarette filter catches THC and thats why we use roaches. More open airflow.

Id just put my vape through a bong and the water would filter and nasties. As others have said, wouldn't want glass in the air bags
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

AND (24-09-18), Gaz (24-09-18), GEORGE (24-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Hello,

A friend of mine sent me a picture of a Mason jar full of green that she dropped, and completely smashed.
    A proper crushing smash that has left loads of tiny tiny glass particles.

I advised her not to smoke it, and to consider making butter (and straining properly through a coffee filter)

However I'd like to know if there is a way to clean the bud properly so it can be smoked?

I thought maybe water curing or something, but that really makes weed gross tasting IMO.

What makes it a bit worse is that it's not big buds or nugs, but little broken up little bits.

Any thoughts?
    Buy her a water bong, glass frags would only make as far as the water and drown

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Gaz (24-09-18), GEORGE (24-09-18), UpT0wn (24-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

bin it,glass powder will reach lungs and do damage sloooowly through time,just like asbestos,fibreglass etc etc.

only my personal decision mind ,concerning how i feel about my lungs, your lungs your decision

purely risk assesment for me.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

gardro (24-09-18), Gaz (24-09-18), GEORGE (25-09-18), kyg (24-09-18), UpT0wn (24-09-18)

GreenBalls Guest

Thanks for all the suggestions! I reckon the water bong makes sense!

She's got an Arizer the same as me, she probably will prefer to buy a water bong but I'm definitely gonna get me some of those screens for my vape, just to keep bits of bud out my mouth!

Cheers

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,576 Times

That's actually a cool idea M_C, unfortunately she doesn't know how to roll! Uses a pipe/vape.
    Actually, would vaping work?

Otherwise, would literally washing the weed be a good idea?
    i wonder if smoking it will melt the glass particles that could leave traces of glass in it? that would be bad and could possibly make a person sick if it was able to be melted and smoked. But if i was going to go ahead and smoke it i would use a water bong.
    Last edited by kyg; 24-09-18 at 10:09 PM.

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

2018 Outdoor extravaganza https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...r-extravaganza

2017 outdoor guerilla grow https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tdoor-escapade

2016 guerilla grow finished https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...adventure-2016

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kyg For This Useful Post:

gardro (24-09-18), GEORGE (25-09-18), ggotch (24-09-18), UpT0wn (25-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Cutting your loss is very satisfying sometimes

What if, what if, what if, ....its your lungs so just throw it and be done

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

cannabisphilanthropist (26-09-18), Gaz (24-09-18), GEORGE (25-09-18), ggotch (24-09-18), UpT0wn (25-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,576 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Cutting your loss is very satisfying sometimes

What if, what if, what if, ....its your lungs so just throw it and be done
    totally agree with you and ggotch. to risky for me as well, u can always grow more weed u cannot grow more lungs.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kyg For This Useful Post:

gardro (24-09-18), GEORGE (25-09-18), ggotch (24-09-18), UpT0wn (25-09-18)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast