Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help needed ASAP

Thanks

Default Help needed ASAP

So this is my first grow. I chose the Auto Mexican Airlines.

I'm on day 13/14 and i'm worried that my plant is looking really small. Here are a few facts:

- Germinated seed using paper towel - no problems
    - Wet/dampened soil before putting germinated seed in pot
    - Potted seed in 11in pot
    - Popped from the soli on the 10/9/18
    - Under 300W LED light (most of the time)
    - Haven't feed it since i potted the little seed because the soil is still lightly moist
    - havent given it nutes - soil is still wet
    - te,ps are always between 22 - 30 degrees

I am concerned that the little thing hasn't grown much, I can't see any more new leaves growing yet. The leaves are really green and look healthy. The stalk has small hairs, so that looks healthy, and there's no mold it's just really small.

I understand that because the pot may have been too big for the little roots to really spread that it may just be taking a while for the roots to take hold when I give it a gental tug its loose but still has a bite so I know there are roots there. I'm just worried that ive messed up but I dont know how?

Please can someone let me know:
    What/If I am doing wrong?, Will it grow?, How can i save it?, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6341.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	366258Should i just wait it out?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to assxc3112 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-09-18), GEORGE (25-09-18)

Viz Guest

First of all with an Auto plant you plant it directly into the pot you intend to finish the grow in. So no worries about the plant looking small in the pot. I plant from seedling into an 10l pot.

No need to feed your plant if in soil until a) the leaves show you that they are nutrient deficent, or b) your Auto plant has flowered. I have often not had to feed my Auto plants during the grow phase at all and only fed once they flowering process has fully begun. But your eyes will tell you when or if you need to feed. Less is more when it comes to nutrients and growing weed.

How often are you watering your plant? What kind of drainage do you have? What specific soil are you growing in?

The light you are using, you say it is 300W is that what it says on the box or what it draws from the wall plug?

From what I can make out of your plant it is small, and yes it should be way more developed than that at 2 weeks old. This is a plant from my CBD THCtalk diary. It is 10 days old.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-09-18), GEORGE (25-09-18), Kurdt (24-09-18)

Thanks

Hi thanks so much for replying.

Im using this: Roleadro 300w Grow Light Led reading the instructions it should be at 300W

Since the inital soke of the soil just before I planted the seedling I haven't needed to water it.

I dont have any drainage as such, I use biobizz soil which has natrual draniage included.

Any suggestions on how to promote growth or any thoughts on what it is I am doing wrong? also is it worth continuing? should I wait it out and see what if it grows more.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to assxc3112 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-09-18)

Viz Guest

Ok your LED has 60 x 5 watt LED's yes that is true, and yes that does make 300W. But sadly those LED are not set to run at 5 watt. They will be at 1w - 2.5w max. They have to do that else the LED's will burn out on those particular cheaper models. I bought a similar one to you a year or so ago, the 1000W version and when I checked how much current it was actually drawing and what the true wattage was I started to laugh. 100w.

Here is the description from a similar product to help you understand what I am trying to show you.

Specifications
    1200W LED Grow light
    Model: 200W
    LED Quantity: 120PCS exclusive 10W Double Chips LED
    Actual Power: about 120W±10% power, much better than the same product in market
    So your lamp may need to be a little closer than where it currently is, or you could simply change lamp if that is possible. Lots of folks will use a T5 or CFL lamp for the veg stage and only switch to a different lamp once the plant has begun the flowering phase.

Moving on.

By drainage I mean is your pot raised from a flat surface so that water can flow out the bottom easily. That is very important. Even if you just put two small bits of wood under the pot so that the drainage holes are able to do their work. Think of a tea bag that is left on a counter top. It is dry on top, but a soggy mess on the counter top. That is what we want to avoid with out pots and the soil at the bottom. The roots of these plants grow very quickly and if there is standing water at the bottom, or for most of the pot then the roots will get drowned. They need oxygen to thrive. We push new fresh oxygen into the soil each time we water and flush out the stale old oxygen at the same time. BUT only if their is good drainage. That is why some folks who grow normal flowers will put bits of crushed terracota, or some stones at the bottom of a flower pot to allow water to drain and not kill their plant. I wonder how wet your soil was to start with?

But anyway all you can do is raise the pot from the surface a little, two pencils will do the trick and then wait and see.

I might consider starting a fresh grow and not have the soil quite so wet when I planted the seed into the soil that after two weeks the soil is still damp.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

assxc3112 (28-09-18), CityDweller (28-09-18), Gaz (24-09-18), GEORGE (25-09-18), talk (28-09-18)

Macky Guest

See you’ve started a new post already and viz is looking after you so you’re in safe hands

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-09-18), GEORGE (25-09-18), M_C (07-10-18)

Thanks

Thanks so much Viz...its super helpful what you just said. Its good to know not everything i did was wrong and that it might be about drainage which i dnt think i fully understood and the lighting is interesting... that also might be a big factor... is there a particular wattage for T5 lamp? so in future I should prob start with a T5 or CFL light and then move it on to an LED during flowering. Thanks for explaining this cause i was abit confused as to why it hadn't really taken off.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to assxc3112 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-09-18), GEORGE (25-09-18)

Viz Guest

All good buddy.

Searth T5 Propagation lamps/fittings or CDFL grow lights on Amazon or Ebay. SO many to choose from I bought a little 24 watt jobby for my seedlings and then I put them straight under my main lights for the duration.

A CFL lamp 300W uses a standard ES fitting so not expensive to start. Go have a read in the lighting section there is heaps of quality information about different systems, and lots of stuff on LEDs. I grow with CDM and am not a guru with LED growing.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

assxc3112 (28-09-18), Gaz (24-09-18), GEORGE (25-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Ok your LED has 60 x 5 watt LED's yes that is true, and yes that does make 300W. But sadly those LED are not set to run at 5 watt. They will be at 1w - 2.5w max. They have to do that else the LED's will burn out on those particular cheaper models. I bought a similar one to you a year or so ago, the 1000W version and when I checked how much current it was actually drawing and what the true wattage was I started to laugh. 100w.

Here is the description from a similar product to help you understand what I am trying to show you.

So your lamp may need to be a little closer than where it currently is, or you could simply change lamp if that is possible. Lots of folks will use a T5 or CFL lamp for the veg stage and only switch to a different lamp once the plant has begun the flowering phase.

Moving on.

By drainage I mean is your pot raised from a flat surface so that water can flow out the bottom easily. That is very important. Even if you just put two small bits of wood under the pot so that the drainage holes are able to do their work. Think of a tea bag that is left on a counter top. It is dry on top, but a soggy mess on the counter top. That is what we want to avoid with out pots and the soil at the bottom. The roots of these plants grow very quickly and if there is standing water at the bottom, or for most of the pot then the roots will get drowned. They need oxygen to thrive. We push new fresh oxygen into the soil each time we water and flush out the stale old oxygen at the same time. BUT only if their is good drainage. That is why some folks who grow normal flowers will put bits of crushed terracota, or some stones at the bottom of a flower pot to allow water to drain and not kill their plant. I wonder how wet your soil was to start with?

But anyway all you can do is raise the pot from the surface a little, two pencils will do the trick and then wait and see.

I might consider starting a fresh grow and not have the soil quite so wet when I planted the seed into the soil that after two weeks the soil is still damp.

Heya Just so you know i did what you said to improve drainage and it worked...soil is drying up rapidly ...i think that was a big problem. so thank you so much for the advice it really worked, I've ordered a few seeds so going to do fresh grow but i'm going to keep my first one just to see. but for my new one im going to strat a journel so hopefully any mistakes will be spotted quicker

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to assxc3112 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-09-18), GEORGE (28-09-18)

Thanks

Plant is growing now. ... it’s about 3 weeks old now. it's still a bit small but I think that's because of the mistakes made in week 1-2 (no drainage & light too far away) .. does anyone know how much further it will grow? I want to see if it's on the right path to success??

I have read that Autos reach height and Veg maturity at 6 weeks... is that right? Also been looking into this topping technique...has anyone tried this on an Auto and is it worth it to increase branches and make it bigger. When would you typically start to top (how weeks should the plant before you top – for Auto and Reg?)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 11.56.06.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	366570

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 11.56.26.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	366571

Also I was given this one by a friend

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.08.43.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	366568

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.08.27.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	366569

so I have no real background info except it is Gorilla Glue and it is around 4 weeks old - it’s a Regular Fem seed plant and I think it was topped and cloned from another plant.

When I got it a few of the leaves were yellow and brown already.

I re-potted it in a bigger 7L pot and have kept it in 24hr LED 300W light (same as my auto) occasionally i put it in the shade. I’m a bit concerned because some of the leaves are still yellow and brown I haven’t given it nutes yet.

I was told to give it a bit of pesticide so I did (twice). I watered it for the first time last night. the leaves keep forming so whatever is happening doesn’t seem to be affecting the growth but I do want to try and get it as healthy as possible before budding any advice as to what might be wrong with it?

Also is it worth topping this one…?

Sorry I know its long post with loads of questions .. I’m a typical newbie … just questioning everything any advice would be appreciated guys!!!!
    Last edited by assxc3112; 04-10-18 at 12:15 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to assxc3112 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-10-18), GEORGE (04-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

We need outlights pictures buddy, no one can tell anything with the lights on. Your soil might be a little hot, looks like nute burn on those leaves. JMO Your bottom leaves that fell off, are they yellow, are do they look burnt? You might want to check the PH in your soil, and make sure it is netural or not.
    Last edited by GEORGE; 04-10-18 at 12:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast