Thread: Watering before harvest

Thanks

Default Watering before harvest

Since I acquired a moisture meter ive discovered I used to water my plants far to much including right upto harvest.
    My last harvest of autos has been one of my best with some great buds.
    The moisture meter was telling the plants were fine, which resulted in no water for the last six days.
    It may be my imagination but the buds appear to be drying quicker than usual and the tester I ran through the dehumidifier produced a great high.
    Something keeps niggling me that watering just before harvest is good
    Whats the view?
    Last edited by Banjo33_uk; 25-09-18 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Spellings

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Banjo33_uk For This Useful Post:

G' (26-09-18), GEORGE (26-09-18)

Macky Guest

Like most things with this hobby there is mixed opinions mate. It all depends on your own circumstances, and environment. If you live in a warm place, water the day before chopping to help the buds dry slower, if its cold, leave them to start wilting from dehydration before chopping. itll depnd on how you intend to dry them too. Personally i like the dry trim, leave everything on, just take the branches of the main stem and hang them as they are, for seven to ten days. The main thing is dont dry too quickly, do what you have to do to make sure the plant wont dry out in four days.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

G' (26-09-18), GEORGE (26-09-18), M_C (26-09-18), scoobywho (25-09-18), Silkadin (26-09-18), Valentina (25-09-18)

Thanks

After I have flushed mine. I normally leave them 2/3 day with no water and then harvest.

Just the way I do it, not to say I’m right mind mate.

All the best

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Royston81 For This Useful Post:

G' (27-09-18), GEORGE (26-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Royston81 View Post
    After I have flushed mine. I normally leave them 2/3 day with no water and then harvest.

Just the way I do it, not to say I’m right mind mate.

All the best
    There’s many ways man some say if you water then just before harvest it’s better since it’ll dry longer the longer the dry and cure the better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrGrow420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-09-18), Royston81 (26-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

I personally think it's more down to the cure for a good smoke, i made a mistake by drying a crop in my veg room with the dehumidifier running and all looked fine until i tested some bud on day 4, the whole lot was very dry and crispy on the outside due to the dehumidifiers fan blowing out warmish air so i had to take the whole crop in and jarred up luckily there was enough moisture left in the middle of the buds to slowly spread out and eventually i got the Rh up to 62% and left it for a couple of months, turned out to be a pukka smoke in the end, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-09-18), Peanut butter (30-09-18), Valentina (27-09-18)