Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Advice on RUSH RDWC grow White Widow

Thanks

Default Advice on RUSH RDWC grow White Widow

I have started my first RDWC grow and am 25 days in from germinating four seeds. All plants look really healthy although they are all growing at different rates, which I half expected. They are in a 2.4 x 2.4m Bud Box, each with a 315w CDM. I am seeing variations in environment based on the outdoor weather conditions but they all within tolerances (I believe). Tent temps are between 28-31C and the note temps are between 20-22C. I know these could be a little lower but my chiller is struggling to complete with the ambient temp of the main room due to a spike in outdoor temps.

The advice I seek, is about the plant size and shape. I had expected them to be a little more leggy, but as you will see they are quite short but there is a lot of growth and the plants are super bushy (IMAO). In reality, they are only in their second week of veggie (day 10) but as I do not have the necessary experience, I guess I need a little reassurance, that they are about where they need to be.

I am planning on vegging for another couple of weeks at least before I flip them to 12/12. Before doing this I will look at FIM and or topping them as I intend to SCROG them.

Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1271.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	366335

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HowellingBloke For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-09-18), tom222 (28-09-18)

Thanks

Hello buddy, for 25 days they're not looking bad at all, what strain are you growing?

I have a few concerns though, one your temps are way to high for my liking, ideal temps are 24 - 28, at 32 degrees you'll have dead plants and you're very close to that mark
    Secondly, did you soak your pebbles??
    And lastly that's a very big tent for 4 plants, what extraction are you using?

Otherwise though you look to be doing great!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kezgwarn For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-09-18), HowellingBloke (09-10-18), tom222 (28-09-18)

Thanks

Hi Kezgwarn,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I had trouble logging-in!!

The temps have now dropped after some rethinking. Temps are sitting at or around 25C with lights on and a 3-4 degree drop when off. I bought White Widow and started them from seed. They are in a Rush R-DWC system pumping around 300ltr around 6 40ltr pots.

Yes I soaked the pebbles after washing them in ph balanced water at around 5.5 for several days.

Big tent sure, but from reading various posts, the Rush (Alien type) system supposedly produces huge plants. I originally order the four pot system but they sent a six by mistake. Extraction is an 8" Silenced Revolution Vector 200 vented to an external space. I am now about 1 week away from flipping. I will post another picture shortly.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HowellingBloke For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-10-18)

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HowellingBloke For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (07-10-18), GEORGE (07-10-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HowellingBloke View Post

Class system bro 😍 I have an iws 4 pot rdwc system and had looked at the rush rdwc system. And love your tech mate. I am currently on my third grow using the system and am very inexperienced and just learning so wouldn’t be in a position to offer any advice. But would love to follow and see how your getting on mate. I experienced issues throughout my previous two grows. And everything was in check environment wise and also nutrition wise. So by my own experience I ruled it down to the clay pebbles and the rock wool they just don’t create a very good environment for your babies. And eventually at the same stage each grow (the first two grows) the ph would all of a sudden start to drop dramatically every day. So now I am currently on week 2 of my third grow this time experimenting using coco fibre and coco liners in my net pots and also using coco nutrients. All going well so far fingers crossed lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-10-18)

Thanks

Hey,

Thanks for the comment. This is my second grow. The last one, using NFT about 10 years ago, taught me a bit but have had to re-learn and sadly, there is very little written about the Rush system other than the bumper yields it allegedly produces.

Would love to keep in touch and share my progress. Today, I have super-cropped and take my first clones. I will post some pictures.

I have to say, the Rush system seems to be doing the job right now. Both the ph and EC is stable. I have a chiller attached but have had to bodge it a little as I didn't think the chiller would take a direct feed from the Rush recirculating pump. Nonetheless, it is keeping the nutrients at a steady 20C. At this time, I have no signs of any bugs (thankfully) but am taking the necessary precautions with a Horta-Guard on my intake ducting (no fan). The Bud Box is doing a great job although, I can't wait to finish this crop to re-arrange the tent by moving the filter and fan to a vertical position.

Tent temps are hovering around 25C and humidity is mid 30's and other than investing in a humidifier, I will wait to see the results.

I am planning to give the girls another week under CMH before flipping them and at this time I have a number of bud sites beginning to develop. I was advised to add a couple of HPS (600w) but having invested nearly £3k so far, I am planning to wait and see the yield I achieve. It may be an investment for the next crop.

I have heard of monster yields of in excess of 600g per plant but I would be happy with a quarter of this, which is my first grow aim. Will consider CO2 but not for a couple of grows yet.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HowellingBloke For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-10-18), weedjunkie420 (07-10-18)

Thanks

Here are some pictures after cloning and super cropping

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HowellingBloke For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (07-10-18), GEORGE (07-10-18), weedjunkie420 (07-10-18)

Thanks

Hey,

Thanks for the comment. This is my second grow. The last one, using NFT about 10 years ago, taught me a bit but have had to re-learn and sadly, there is very little written about the Rush system other than the bumper yields it allegedly produces.

Would love to keep in touch and share my progress. Today, I have super-cropped and take my first clones. I will post some pictures.

I have to say, the Rush system seems to be doing the job right now. Both the ph and EC is stable. I have a chiller attached but have had to bodge it a little as I didn't think the chiller would take a direct feed from the Rush recirculating pump. Nonetheless, it is keeping the nutrients at a steady 20C. At this time, I have no signs of any bugs (thankfully) but am taking the necessary precautions with a Horta-Guard on my intake ducting (no fan). The Bud Box is doing a great job although, I can't wait to finish this crop to re-arrange the tent by moving the filter and fan to a vertical position.

Tent temps are hovering around 25C and humidity is mid 30's and other than investing in a humidifier, I will wait to see the results.

I am planning to give the girls another week under CMH before flipping them and at this time I have a number of bud sites beginning to develop. I was advised to add a couple of HPS (600w) but having invested nearly £3k so far, I am planning to wait and see the yield I achieve. It may be an investment for the next crop.

I have heard of monster yields of in excess of 600g per plant but I would be happy with a quarter of this, which is my first grow aim. Will consider CO2 but not for a couple of grows yet.
    I know dude it’s an expensive hobby but has saved me a fortune in the long run. Look into the mist makers. I purchased a mist maker 5 along with a hygrometer. I then purchased I think what is a 50litre box/bucket and cut two 6 inch holes in the lid and attached a water proof fan over one of the holes. Wire it all up and connect to hygrometer and set ur humidity. It works an absolute treat and all in cost me around £120 quid. Keeps my room at the perfect humidity throughout each stage of the grow. Learnt the hard way how important humidity is along side your room temperatures and water temperatures. I know I like to keep my reservoir between 17-18 degrees to make sure nothing bad can form. Also mate I thought about connecting my chiller to the recirculating pump as well but thought this would be asking quite a lot of the pump to pump the water around the system and also up through the chiller so I vested in a separate pump that sits in my brain pot. Might be something to look into see if it can pump more water into ur chiller and get ur temps down just that little bit more.

But yeah I know what u mean about trying to get information about our systems. And even on here it is quite hard to get many people to talk to u about any problems you may encounter because I think from reading the forums most people grow in coco or soil or just dwc on here.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-10-18)

Thanks

Here are some pictures after cloning and super cropping

Plants look class by the way IMO 😍👌

18. The Following User Says Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

hello there, ive been running rdwc for quite a few years now.
    what seems to be the problem here, they look fine to me?

First up, you mentioned Co2. My advice would be - don't bother, unless you have a sealed room, as it will just disappear up the extraction fan. If you do decide you still want to go ahead, also bear in mind that you will need a mini split Air conditioning system, which will cost more to run than all your lights put together. Still interested? no. didn't think so.

The good news is that you don't need any of that shit, all you need is the right environment, decent lights, good air exchange and you will be able to easily hit a gram per watt.

Since im quite handy at dishing out advice, I would also forget that elasticated net, if you want to do a proper scrog.
    I will tell you why. Those type of nets are more suited to support netting, rather than training. The plant will simply push the elastic net up out of the way, and any attempt to train them properly will not work. Sorry to be the bearer of more bad news.
    I use solid screens, made from steel on a timber frame, with 2 inch square holes. This frame cant be moved by plants, and works well, I think there might be a pic in my diary somewhere, in the .signature.

You look to be doing a nice job of training them without the net. My old mucker G-Unit doi a guide on training plants, somewhere on here, its been a while.

If you need to know anything, just ask away.

Also remember that you don't need to give them high feeds in RDWC.
    What feeds and ph do you have them at, out of interest?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-10-18), HowellingBloke (09-10-18)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast