Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Advice on RUSH RDWC grow White Widow

Thanks

Hi Bud,

Thanks for the reassurances and advice. Your point about the CO2 confirms my suspicions. I was thinking about my extraction system and that it would remove most of the added CO2 almost instantly.

Thanks for the advice about the nets. I have just ordered some 25mm clamps and I have 25mm clothes rails that fit the tent to create a frame. My only concern is access but I will overcome this. I think I will fit the new rails and then wire my own scrod net.

I now coming to the end of week 4 in veg but from what I see around the forums and YouTube, I am not sure whether I should wait another week before flipping (making it 5 weeks).

My ph and EC are very stable. From what I read from the manufacturers of the Rush system, they suggested lower EC. For the first 2 weeks I maintained 0.9 with a ph hovering around 6.2 and for the last two weeks and after a note change, I upped it to 1.3 and a ph of around 5.6.

I am preparing my next note change now. If I keep them in veg for another week, I planned to introduce the Canna Boost, which I haven't yet (and am thinking maybe I should have?). I appear to be getting a little bit of phosphorus deficiency but this is in the lower leaves and the rest of the plants are looking healthy so I am not too concerned. What are your thoughts?

Thanks I really appreciate your comments and advice.

I will post a couple of pics

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HowellingBloke For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-10-18)

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HowellingBloke For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (09-10-18), GEORGE (09-10-18)

Thanks

Hi Bud,

Good advice about the humidity. Do you have any pictures of your set-up as I would love to see it. I am into DIY fixes other than the system (I definitely did not want any leaks!!).

I have a pump in my brain pot which takes water into the chiller and then I let it out into the first pot in the series. I wanted to avoid rep umping the same chilled water back through the chiller. I don't think the chiller would have the capacity to chill the volume of water, the system pump would push through. I am struggling to get the water temp below 20C but given what you said, I have just dropped the temp setting to 17C and I will see if will cope with it. I am using the Hailea 100 which if I honest, I think may be too small for the job.

Be good to keep in touch and learn from each other. I really appreciate your comments and advice.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HowellingBloke For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-10-18), weedjunkie420 (09-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

it looks more like magnesium deficiency to me. I take it you are in a soft water area (base water reads less than 0.3 ec straight from the tap)
    These systems usually need the addition of calcium and magnesium around 3-6 weeks in. You need to add some cal mag to the mix mate.
    Your ec is pretty high. I don't get to 1.3 in full flower. Here is a pic of mine after a 5 weeks veg. these have been flipped for about 10 days. these were vegged at 0.6 to 0.8EC with Ph at around 5.7.
    They don't need big feeds.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	366710.
    You are correct about your chiller being too small as well. Im using a 300 hailea, but will be expanding my system from 4 to 8 pots. You need to figure out the capacity of your system and get a chiller to suit, Your 100 is only rated for 100 litres total, and im pretty sure you will have at least double that in your system (include the brain when calculating size)
    You might be able to compensate by setting it at a lower temperature, but you will have to do a bit of trial and error.
    Your plants need at least another week veg , looking at them, maybe more, but you amre getting the structure of them right, which will reap rewards later.

Heres my scrog frameClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	366711.
    you can see its solid and wont move. Its a bit of a pain in the ass trying to get to the back of it to tuck em under, but it works well

What lights have you got in there, out of interest, and how many?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-10-18), HowellingBloke (09-10-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HowellingBloke View Post
    Hi Bud,

Good advice about the humidity. Do you have any pictures of your set-up as I would love to see it. I am into DIY fixes other than the system (I definitely did not want any leaks!!).

I have a pump in my brain pot which takes water into the chiller and then I let it out into the first pot in the series. I wanted to avoid rep umping the same chilled water back through the chiller. I don't think the chiller would have the capacity to chill the volume of water, the system pump would push through. I am struggling to get the water temp below 20C but given what you said, I have just dropped the temp setting to 17C and I will see if will cope with it. I am using the Hailea 100 which if I honest, I think may be too small for the job.

Be good to keep in touch and learn from each other. I really appreciate your comments and advice.
    https://youtu.be/PHpCo_ZFgfE

Hi dude I have attached above the link. I made this exact same unit and connected it up to the hygrometer and just set ur desired humidity 👌

I also have a hailea 100 and my reservoir including the brain bucket is around 50-60 litres. If my temps stay below 30 degrees the chiller is able to keep a constant between 17-18 however anything higher than 30 and the chiller struggles and won’t get lower than 19 degrees. The manufacturers guidelines for the hailea 100 say it can handle at least 200litres of water at below 30 degrees which is absolute balls mate lol eventually think I might upgrade but for now she does the job.

Also for my first grow I stuck to the manufacturers nutrient guidelines which sounds very similar to what you have done, and what your EC is sitting at right now at this stage of the grow. I got a lot of nutrient burn early on and the plants were really suffering. A gentleman on this forum helped me out and explained it all to me

My background EC is 0.1 so I have soft water

Seedling stage 0.3 EC
    Veg stage 0.7/0.8
    Flower 1.2/1.3

And I set the ph to 5.6 and let it swing to 6.3 before adjusting it back down again. While this is happening my EC should be dropping as the plants take on nutrients

A good rule of thumb is always go at least half of what the manufacturers guidelines say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-10-18)

Thanks

Thanks. I will pick-up some cal mag. I am going to do a nute change in the next couple of days and I will reman with veg stage for at least another week. I have a question about the nute change, I watched a YouTube video and they drained the system then topped it up with de-ionised water which I do not have. They then added the nutes to the system. The last change I made, I pre-mixed the nutes in each of the reservoirs I have then added it to the system after adjusting the ph. What would you recommend?

I think for the time being and the additional cost, I will stick with the Hailea 100 as it is keeping the water temp at a steady 20C but will consider upgrading in the future, especially towards next summer (seems so far away!!).

I have taken your advice and started building a more sturdy scrod net, again thanks.

As for my lights, I am running 4 315w CDM and was advised to add a couple of 600w HPS as well for the flowering stage. My only concern is that my tent is running at a steady 27C with lights on and about 5C lower when off. As I move to the flowering stage, I intend to have lights on between midnight and noon as the ambient temperature of the room throughout the day will be slightly higher.

Your grow looks really healthy. How many plants do you have and what lighting are you using? For my first grow I decided on keeping all plants the same variety (White Widow) until the Rush system arrived and they sent me a 6 pot instead of a 4 pot system. I had some feminised CBD freebie seeds so I quickly germinated them and added them to the additional pots.

I love the compactness of the WW. I was looking to lollipop them but the growth is so dense, it is difficult to gain access. I have now taken clones from each plant and plan to do another grow using these. My theory being that I can monitor growth, healthy, etc. from a variety I have already grown. Will then look to change variety over time.

Thanks again

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HowellingBloke For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-10-18)

Thanks

This is brilliant. I am going to order some

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HowellingBloke For This Useful Post:

daffyduck (16-02-19), GEORGE (09-10-18)

Thanks

Hi Bloke,
    I'm looking to build my own RDWC system next week, I'm also going to be doing a couple of Dinafem Widows, how's the grow going? Think I'll 'chase' you on this round LOL

I'm thinking of setting the RDWC up as a floom, but, to keep the temps down I might run an air line from outside and keep the water temp up with a small heater, my systems only 60l for 2 plants - I'm going to check the recirculation side of things with a bit of 'dye' before it goes live, I'm interested in how the water will move around the system, hoping to create a bit of movement for the roots.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to daffyduck For This Useful Post:

tom222 (16-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,940 Times

Your all lucky with low ec I'm in coco using a drip and drain system working with tap ec of 0.7 it sucks lol. 1.1 - 1.2 ec is good for me in veg so does seem to vary between people's tap water on how high you go.
    Looks like you have loads of room in there for more veg time to

Current diary #1 https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast