Thread: Oxygenated water

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,994 Times

Default Oxygenated water

What's everybody's opinions on using airstones to keep stored water oxygenated for soil grows. Does it really make a difference. Been toying with the idea of buying one.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

Gaz (04-10-18), GEORGE (04-10-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scoobywho View Post
    What's everybody's opinions on using airstones to keep stored water oxygenated for soil grows. Does it really make a difference. Been toying with the idea of buying one.

It’s all about the bacteria mate, give it air, it’ll be good bacteria, starve it of air, it’ll be bad bacteria. Putting an air stone in the water is good imo, mixes up the food, get some oxygen in the awater, prevents it from just sitting there stagnant. Even if it’s just for an hour before you water them, get an air stone

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Gaz (04-10-18), GEORGE (04-10-18), scoobywho (04-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

You don't want your mixed compost feed solution sitting around for more than 24 hrs especially organic ones they can ferment....Best mix them around 1 hour prior to feeding, dropping an air stone in won't hurt but its not really needed just agitate the solution before feeding to your plants...

Regards BL

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Gaz (04-10-18), GEORGE (04-10-18), scoobywho (04-10-18), UpT0wn (04-10-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    It’s all about the bacteria mate, give it air, it’ll be good bacteria, starve it of air, it’ll be bad bacteria. Putting an air stone in the water is good imo, mixes up the food, get some oxygen in the awater, prevents it from just sitting there stagnant. Even if it’s just for an hour before you water them, get an air stone
    Cheers mate that stands to reason, it got me thinking if I have to leave my water 12 hours to get rid of the chlorine it must lose a lot of oxygen in the process as well.

Feck it wee cheap £8.99 pump and stone worth it if I get a happier plant and soil lol.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

Gaz (04-10-18), GEORGE (04-10-18), Trex (04-10-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    You don't want your mixed compost feed solution sitting around for more than 24 hrs especially organic ones they can ferment....Best mix them around 1 hour prior to feeding, dropping an air stone in won't hurt but its not really needed just agitate the solution before feeding to your plants...

Regards BL
    I am running organic bud so cheers for the tip I wouldn't have thought about it fermenting lol, I usually mix it up just before I water. Storing it to get the chlorine out is what I mean.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-10-18), Trex (05-10-18)