Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Results 141 to 158 of 158

Thread: Seedsman Indoor Contest - Amnesia Fast

  1. #141

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    6,550
    Thanks
    57,676
    Thanked 27,240 Times in 6,506 Posts

    Default

    Staggering chops helps so much with harvest. Reveg is looking nice there! I am about ready to give up on my Annie reveg.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

    Cleargreen (04-03-19), hotshot (11-03-19), J Trich (05-03-19), Valentina (04-03-19)

  3. #142

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stuck in the middle
    Posts
    3,195
    Thanks
    23,304
    Thanked 13,123 Times in 3,120 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Staggering chops helps so much with harvest. Reveg is looking nice there! I am about ready to give up on my Annie reveg.
    Thanks, CityD, that's great to know re staggering chops. Sorry to hear about your Annie, but glad you got seeds.
    Fight for your health.
    Hug those who care about you, do all you can for those you love (if they want it). We just never know when it might be the last time we talk to them or see them.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (04-03-19), Cleargreen (04-03-19), hotshot (11-03-19), J Trich (05-03-19)

  5. #143

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stuck in the middle
    Posts
    3,195
    Thanks
    23,304
    Thanked 13,123 Times in 3,120 Posts

    Default

    Date: 07 March 2019
    Day 156 from sowing
    Light/darkness: 12/12; Day 4 (Round 2, Day 55 overall, NOT ORGANIC)
    Pistils: Day N/A

    Tent stats:

    Lamp: 2 clusters (out of 4)
    Temp: 21.9 Degrees C
    Humidity: 47%

    Text only update and thinking out loud...

    Gave the Amnesia water, no feed, tucked a few leaves and pruned off one branch near the main trunk, I suppose some might call that the start of lollipopping. No balls, no pistils, some stretching.

    The Aurora Indica is still spindly, hard to say what may come of her. Under 12/12 lighting I think she is just gonna stay small, and may be yield one nug.

    On another note... I had the opportunity to help another forum user in the medical section with some numbers on a CBD oil, at 300 mg in 30 ml.

    So just for "fun" I played around with some numbers...

    My tent is 40 x 40 x 120 cm. The footprint of 40 x 40 equals ~16% of a 1m x 1m tent. How, right? But a 1m square footprint is some 6.25 times bigger, so here we go.

    So a mere 16% of whatever average yields seed banks say their seeds can produce, that would be the best case scenario of what my space can churn out.

    With the Amnesia at 550g per meter squared, that translates into 88 grams at best, just over 3 ounces.

    So with something like the new strain, Cookies Chill, which is a 17% CBD, 400 g per meter squared strain, best case scenario is 64 grams per grow cycle, just over 2 ounces from my tiny-tent.

    At 64 grams, 17% CBD, say I had the perfect SCROG, there is ~10 g CBD in all the buds produced, so at the same strength, I could have a whole litre of CBD oil.

    Strength conversions:
    300 mg : 30 ml
    100 mg : 10 ml
    1000 mg : 100ml
    10,000 mg : 1000 ml

    Here's another thing, Grams Per Watt.

    If I am throwing 90 watt at the plant, which is half power from my lamp, 64 grams should be well within reach.

    So here's the challenge... how do I go about making the plant bigger, besides using a bigger pot for bigger root mass, get the feeds dialled in, and perhaps a little white light for them to stretch some?

    4 plants in 20 cm pots that are about 3 litres in volume, or one bigger plant in a 12 litre pot?

    I have always shied away from having just the One Plant, because they can go hermie etc., or they don't respond well to blurple, or some wild reason. But now that I have played with the numbers, I am having a rethink...

    They have gone into flower now so I have a few months to think this through

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

    Cleargreen (07-03-19), hotshot (11-03-19), J Trich (08-03-19)

  7. #144

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Sunny South
    Posts
    2,979
    Thanks
    32,259
    Thanked 12,285 Times in 2,596 Posts

    Default

    Keep in mind that to achieve the same results as seed banks you should use the same light density as well. I think they use 1000w HPS/m2 (at lest Green House Seeds mentions that number)
    so your lighting should be equivalent to that.

    Then my personal inexperienced opinion is that it will be easier to get a higher yield from 4 plants than from one single plant, then it is less likely that the individual plants genetics are a limiting factor on yield. But like I said that's just my own inexperienced opinion/thought on the matter which is in part also the reason why I'm now going with 9 plants in a space not much larger than that.

    And looking at CBD production like you just did really makes you realize how insanely expensive CBD oils are

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (11-03-19), Valentina (07-03-19)

  9. #145

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stuck in the middle
    Posts
    3,195
    Thanks
    23,304
    Thanked 13,123 Times in 3,120 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    Keep in mind that to achieve the same results as seed banks you should use the same light density as well. I think they use 1000w HPS/m2 (at lest Green House Seeds mentions that number)
    so your lighting should be equivalent to that.
    Great point, thanks for that!! I don't see myself using HPS... or at least not with my current set up! Those Invisible Sun boards do look good, but my heart is fixated on the Blurple LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    Then my personal inexperienced opinion is that it will be easier to get a higher yield from 4 plants than from one single plant, then it is less likely that the individual plants genetics are a limiting factor on yield. But like I said that's just my own inexperienced opinion/thought on the matter which is in part also the reason why I'm now going with 9 plants in a space not much larger than that.
    I am with you almost entirely on that. Having 4 plants would be like a SOG, plus there is the flexibility of substituting in an Auto if any of the plants were to fail. But the BIG PLANT idea is attractive. Mephisto recommends growing some their plants in say 3 x 3 array in ~12 litre pots in a square metre, so there is (or has got to be) some kind of an optimal point for pot size vs speed vs yield, except of course that mythical optimal point is gonna be different for all the strains out there.

    And my recent discovery of the Inconvenient Truth that some strains respond MUCH better to white light... I swear, that has put a real spanner in things. Explains a whole lot why my indicas have mostly been worthy of WPOTM nominations. THAT, cost me time, money, and many seeds, besides my bungled attempts at germination early on!

    Now I know that, I have to plan my grows with the seasons outside so I can make use of natural light. I have in all honesty lost a few nights of sleep over this, ironic or what?

    This also means that I could potentially grow a long-flowering Sativa over winter so I won't have to think about white lights and germination during "the wrong half" of the year where nights are longer than day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    And looking at CBD production like you just did really makes you realize how insanely expensive CBD oils are
    Kind of. Growing is not for everyone, and for a "fee", the oil can come through the post in 24-48 hours. It's a convenient thing and one that I have had to make use of when I started this journey. I don't hate the player, I hate the game.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (07-03-19), hotshot (11-03-19)

  11. #146

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Sunny South
    Posts
    2,979
    Thanks
    32,259
    Thanked 12,285 Times in 2,596 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentina
    Great point, thanks for that!! I don't see myself using HPS... or at least not with my current set up! Those Invisible Sun boards do look good, but my heart is fixated on the Blurple LOL.
    Not saying you should ditch your light but just to check it's actual output (as far as that is possible) to incorporate that data into your comparison.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentina

    I am with you almost entirely on that. Having 4 plants would be like a SOG, plus there is the flexibility of substituting in an Auto if any of the plants were to fail. But the BIG PLANT idea is attractive. Mephisto recommends growing some their plants in say 3 x 3 array in ~12 litre pots in a square metre, so there is (or has got to be) some kind of an optimal point for pot size vs speed vs yield, except of course that mythical optimal point is gonna be different for all the strains out there.
    And that is what makes things like this so difficult on a tiny scale

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentina
    And my recent discovery of the Inconvenient Truth that some strains respond MUCH better to white light... I swear, that has put a real spanner in things. Explains a whole lot why my indicas have mostly been worthy of WPOTM nominations. THAT, cost me time, money, and many seeds, besides my bungled attempts at germination early on!
    I had no idea this was different per strain as well. Any idea what it is about the purple lights that makes them perform below optimal? Does the light cause a higher demand of certain nutrients in some plants which then become deficient in the soil or is it just the lacking of certain wavelengths?
    I do know that purple lights focus on photosynthesis A+B receptors but there are a bunch in between those two wavelength peaks as well related to other plant pigments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentina
    Now I know that, I have to plan my grows with the seasons outside so I can make use of natural light. I have in all honesty lost a few nights of sleep over this, ironic or what?

    This also means that I could potentially grow a long-flowering Sativa over winter so I won't have to think about white lights and germination during "the wrong half" of the year where nights are longer than day.
    You mean growing in a greenhouse or something with the purple light as an extra?

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentina
    Kind of. Growing is not for everyone, and for a "fee", the oil can come through the post in 24-48 hours. It's a convenient thing and one that I have had to make use of when I started this journey. I don't hate the player, I hate the game.
    Yes you are right about that, we can't blame people for selling the stuff, when it is legit stuff they are selling. Unfortunately this being in a bit of a grey area still there is a lot of scamming being done as well.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (07-03-19), hotshot (11-03-19), Valentina (07-03-19)

  13. #147

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stuck in the middle
    Posts
    3,195
    Thanks
    23,304
    Thanked 13,123 Times in 3,120 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    Not saying you should ditch your light but just to check it's actual output (as far as that is possible) to incorporate that data into your comparison.
    I am pretty confident about the output. The company is reputable

    But my lamp is getting old and the time for a replacement is slowly coming up on the horizon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    And that is what makes things like this so difficult on a tiny scale
    IKR!?! Back in the day I thought people were "being negative" when they think little of PC Case grows. Now it's starting to make sense. Not saying that a plant could not be taken from pop to chop in a starter pot, and that is very much something that I have done in the past, but there comes a point where risks and effort outweigh yield by too much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    I had no idea this was different per strain as well. Any idea what it is about the purple lights that makes them perform below optimal? Does the light cause a higher demand of certain nutrients in some plants which then become deficient in the soil or is it just the lacking of certain wavelengths?
    I do know that purple lights focus on photosynthesis A+B receptors but there are a bunch in between those two wavelength peaks as well related to other plant pigments.
    NOPE. No idea at all. What really sux is that online reviews of the grow behaviour of the strains practically all go out of the window. Just have to find out the hard way who likes what.



    These 2. The one on the right is a Nirvana Aurora Indica, at a few weeks old. I left her on the windowsill for roughly a week and she grew some 3x in size. She is about 4x now, with healthy leaves and a whole lot happier.

    The one on the left is the CBD Super Critical Bud from Garden Of Green. She doesn't like blurple either. I grafted her onto the Amnesia, and she is vaguely coming back online. I'll see how she does in flowering and then decide on what to do. She is still laughably small. Had I paid full price from Sensi for ERSB seeds, I would probably be banging my head against a wall after crying a whole lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    You mean growing in a greenhouse or something with the purple light as an extra?
    I wish

    Starter pot on the windowsill LOL. Hence the "wrong" half of the year is no good as the seed would want to flower given the light hours is less than 12 hours per day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    Yes you are right about that, we can't blame people for selling the stuff, when it is legit stuff they are selling. Unfortunately this being in a bit of a grey area still there is a lot of scamming being done as well.
    Ugh, it's very sad when people plunder the sick.

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

    AND (07-03-19), CityDweller (07-03-19), Cleargreen (07-03-19), hotshot (11-03-19), J Trich (08-03-19)

  15. #148

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Sunny South
    Posts
    2,979
    Thanks
    32,259
    Thanked 12,285 Times in 2,596 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Starter pot on the windowsill LOL. Hence the "wrong" half of the year is no good as the seed would want to flower given the light hours is less than 12 hours per day.
    Not an issue if you use your grow light with it as well. What will be an issue in that case is flowering photoperiodic plants during the time of year that there's more than 12h of light a day.
    And having a purple light in your windowsill isn't exactly subtle either

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (11-03-19), J Trich (08-03-19), Valentina (07-03-19)

  17. #149

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stuck in the middle
    Posts
    3,195
    Thanks
    23,304
    Thanked 13,123 Times in 3,120 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    Not an issue if you use your grow light with it as well. What will be an issue in that case is flowering photoperiodic plants during the time of year that there's more than 12h of light a day.
    This is very much in the initial testing stage still! But the Aurora Indica has responded so well to it, I am going to try it out with other indicas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    And having a purple light in your windowsill isn't exactly subtle either
    LMAO!! There will be strategic recruitment of seeds and they'll only be on the windowsill for as long as they don't smell. Give or take, a month or so.

    So the plan is, as soon as a plant is due for the chop in a month or so, I pop a seed. Once the plant is chopped, the young plant goes into the tent.

    This is like playing Air B&B and some Football Manager sim game both at the same time.

    This should work and save me building a PC veg box.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

    Cleargreen (07-03-19), hotshot (11-03-19), J Trich (08-03-19)

  19. #150

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stuck in the middle
    Posts
    3,195
    Thanks
    23,304
    Thanked 13,123 Times in 3,120 Posts

    Default

    Date: 09 March 2019
    Day 158 from sowing
    Light/darkness: 12/12; Day 6 (Round 2, Day 57 overall, NOT ORGANIC)
    Pistils: Day N/A

    Tent stats:

    Lamp: 2 clusters (out of 4)
    Temp: 22.2 Degrees C
    Humidity: 49%



    The Amnesia is coming along, though no pistils yet. The grafted CBD Super Critical Bud seems to be growing as she is bigger, but very lime green.

    One of the CBD Sweet & Sour has shown pistils so she has joined the tent.



    The internodal length IMO is a direct result of sitting on the windowsill under some indirect sunlight. I can't wait to see what her buds will be like. And to her right in the photo at the back is the Aurora Indica.

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

    AND (09-03-19), Cleargreen (09-03-19), hotshot (11-03-19), J Trich (11-03-19)

  21. #151

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Back room
    Posts
    7,574
    Thanks
    45,141
    Thanked 31,855 Times in 6,708 Posts

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (11-03-19), J Trich (11-03-19), Valentina (09-03-19)

  23. #152

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stuck in the middle
    Posts
    3,195
    Thanks
    23,304
    Thanked 13,123 Times in 3,120 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    That CBD S&S is one beautiful looking plant, V
    Thank you, AND. She is a bit lanky by my standards LOL, but I am glad a little bit of natural sun has got them stretching their little legs, and that they have gained a fair bit of internodal length.

    Can't wait to see what kind of buds she yields.

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

    AND (09-03-19), Cleargreen (09-03-19), hotshot (11-03-19), J Trich (11-03-19)

  25. #153

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,141
    Thanks
    2,681
    Thanked 3,143 Times in 991 Posts

    Default

    Looking so cute, now under light, internode will be more compact, will going top and lst?

  26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to J Trich For This Useful Post:

    AND (11-03-19), CityDweller (16-03-19), Cleargreen (11-03-19), hotshot (11-03-19), Valentina (11-03-19)

  27. #154

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stuck in the middle
    Posts
    3,195
    Thanks
    23,304
    Thanked 13,123 Times in 3,120 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Trich View Post
    Looking so cute, now under light, internode will be more compact, will going top and lst?
    Thanks, J Trich. The Amnesia will just flower when she is ready, the CBD Sweet & Sour ... She can tell me if she wants LST or Supercrop... But I think I will keep her "natural" and she can do whatever she wants.

    I definitely have two different phenotypes in the CBD Sweet & Sour. One plant has thinner finger leaves, the other has wider leaves. The one you see is in the tent and has wider leaves. I have one more, same age, that is at the window. There are no flowers yet but when she does she will join the tent also.

  28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

    AND (11-03-19), CityDweller (16-03-19), Cleargreen (12-03-19), hotshot (11-03-19), J Trich (11-03-19)

  29. Default

    Really enjoy reading the detail you write in your posts, along with your thoughts Valentina, subbed

  30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (16-03-19), Cleargreen (12-03-19), J Trich (13-03-19), Valentina (12-03-19)

  31. #156

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stuck in the middle
    Posts
    3,195
    Thanks
    23,304
    Thanked 13,123 Times in 3,120 Posts

    Default

    Date: 16 March 2019
    Day 165 from sowing
    Light/darkness: 12/12; Day 13 (Round 2, Day 64 overall, NOT ORGANIC)
    Pistils: Day 3

    Tent stats:

    Lamp: 2 clusters (out of 4)
    Temp: N/A Degrees C
    Humidity: N/A%

    Thought I had FIM'ed the top, but the new growth is not leaves.

    They are BALLS. Full on, onioney type structures on stalks. A few of them at the other nodes as well, some already starting to hang.

    Would the good news be that we also have pistils?

    This puts the chop back again but hey. Once we have squeezed in some veg time, we'll be cooking on gas again.

    Alright folks, this diary is coming to a close. Thank you all for joining me on this wild ride.

    Let's get the scissors out.

  32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

    AND (18-03-19), CityDweller (16-03-19), Cleargreen (16-03-19), Easy-T (18-03-19), IceCalibur (16-03-19), J Trich (18-03-19)

  33. #157

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,141
    Thanks
    2,681
    Thanked 3,143 Times in 991 Posts

    Default

    SO was a male? or just stressed balls?or i not understand?

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to J Trich For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (18-03-19)

  35. #158

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stuck in the middle
    Posts
    3,195
    Thanks
    23,304
    Thanked 13,123 Times in 3,120 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Trich View Post
    SO was a male? or just stressed balls?or i not understand?
    Hi J Trich, yeah, the CBD Sweet & Sour was a male.

    The Amnesia Fast is okay, has a high leaf to bud ratio, but the buds were sticky, spicy and quite strong. I think I like the Mama Thai more, because her yields were more.

    Thank you for dropping by.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

    J Trich (19-03-19)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK and some US States