Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Decarboxylating crystals

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,881 Times

Default Decarboxylating crystals

Hi guys
    I have a good 7-8 grams of thc crystals caught over the years in my grinder which I have kept for a rainy day.
    I have tried decarboxylating some before in the oven, I followed some guides online. But problem I had was crystals turned sticky which turned out to be a problem
    When making cookies as I couldn't get proper dosages and ended up making super strong and I mean silly strong cookies everyone that ate one either hit a whitey or couldn't move, this didn't bother me but I made some for my mum who suffers terrible aches and pains and it knocked her for six and she only had two bites from onw cookie. Basically I'm looking for a better way to decarb the crystals (for better dosages) if anyone has a temp range and cooking times or tips they have had success with.
    Thanks guys
    Wags

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wags For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-19)

Thanks

What is decarboxilating crystals? What does it achieve? I’m just curious

4. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Considering that the cookies were very strong it sounds like your decarb went well. You just used too much in the recipe. I decarb in the oven as well. I test the batch myself and then know how to dose when sharing with friends and family. Nothing wrong with just needing a tiny bit of cookie as a dose if using for medicinal purposes.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (16-04-19), GEORGE (03-04-19), UpT0wn (12-10-18), Wags (12-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by THE DARK KNIGHT View Post
    What is decarboxilating crystals? What does it achieve? I’m just curious
    Heating up the cannabis to convert the THCA into THC allows it to be absorbed and processed by the body. When we smoke we decarb the weed as it burns. For edibles and oil we decarb so that our bodies can process it.

When my dad was a kid they would eat a bag of weed to get high. Now that we understand decarboxilation that same bag will get 20 people high.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-19), ggotch (12-10-18), MR B-loom (13-10-18), Wags (12-10-18)

Thanks

Ye I think that part went well I'm just wondering if it's possible to get it back into a powdery form rather than a sticky sheet it turns into. Haha
    Cheers dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Considering that the cookies were very strong it sounds like your decarb went well. You just used too much in the recipe. I decarb in the oven as well. I test the batch myself and then know how to dose when sharing with friends and family. Nothing wrong with just needing a tiny bit of cookie as a dose if using for medicinal purposes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wags For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    Ye I think that part went well I'm just wondering if it's possible to get it back into a powdery form rather than a sticky sheet it turns into. Haha
    Cheers dude.

is it polm/ Kief that your talking about? And it will decarb when you bake your cookies!
    It's nice to be nice.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-10-18), GEORGE (03-04-19), Wags (12-10-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Benson123 View Post
    is it polm/ Kief that your talking about? And it will decarb when you bake your cookies!
    Ye mate keif, it has many names haha. So u reckon adding it into mix before and it should decarb while baking?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wags For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-10-18), GEORGE (03-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    Ye mate keif, it has many names haha. So u reckon adding it into mix before and it should decarb while baking?

yup! I don’t bake but your weed will get a full decarb at 110 deg for 35 mins.Edit if you don’t decarb your weed it will contain thc A and that’s great for anti inflammatory conditions,when decarbing you turn the thc a,into thc.
    Last edited by Benson123; 12-10-18 at 09:57 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-10-18), GEORGE (03-04-19), jakub (14-11-20), Wags (12-10-18)

Thanks

Thanks pal I'll give it a go dude cheers.
    yup! I don’t bake but your weed will get a full decarb at 110 deg for 35 mins.Edit if you don’t decarb your weed it will contain thc A and that’s great for anti inflammatory conditions,when decarbing you turn the thc a,into thc.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wags For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-10-18), GEORGE (03-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

Do you always do 110c? I always go to 160c for 30-60 mins. My cookies are deadly lol

I put mine in coconut oil for easy dosing. Can even add it to capsules for medicinal proposes.

Edit: For whatever reason i am effected by edibles fairly stongly. 250mg would keep me very happy for a very long time. Jelly of your 8gs mate. Enjoy
    Last edited by UpT0wn; 12-10-18 at 10:44 PM.
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-10-18), GEORGE (03-04-19), Wags (12-10-18)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast