Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Decarboxylating crystals

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,881 Times

It's the opposite for me edibles don't really do alot haha. I've done it once and can't remember what temp and for how long I will have to dog out the notes I wrote I've moves house since tho so not a clue where it is haha. From what I remember reading u can either do it real hot and short or low and slow haha. I may experiment this weekend as the wife and child are out of the house all weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by UpT0wnSkunk View Post
    Do you always do 110c? I always go to 160c for 30-60 mins. My cookies are deadly lol

I put mine in coconut oil for easy dosing. Can even add it to capsules for medicinal proposes.

Edit: For whatever reason i am effected by edibles fairly stongly. 250mg would keep me very happy for a very long time. Jelly of your 8gs mate. Enjoy
    Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wags For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-10-18), GEORGE (03-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UpT0wnSkunk View Post
    Do you always do 110c? I always go to 160c for 30-60 mins. My cookies are deadly lol

I put mine in coconut oil for easy dosing. Can even add it to capsules for medicinal proposes.

Edit: For whatever reason i am effected by edibles fairly stongly. 250mg would keep me very happy for a very long time. Jelly of your 8gs mate. Enjoy
    Quick question bout the coconut oil dude?. Do u melt it and then stir in the crystals and then let it go hard again? Do the crystal not sink to the bottom of the jar?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wags For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-10-18), GEORGE (03-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    Quick question bout the coconut oil dude?. Do u melt it and then stir in the crystals and then let it go hard again? Do the crystal not sink to the bottom of the jar?

When you heat the crystals in coconut oil the cannabinoids will mix into the oil. Anything you see floating is residual plant matter.

Why not make edibles with trim and smoke that yummy crystal. Makes a wonderful dusting in a spliff or a on top of the weed in bong or pipe.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-19), UpT0wn (13-10-18), Wags (12-10-18)

Thanks

Rite I see so decarb then heat into coconut oil and it should all dissolve and mix in? This sounds interesting I can use that oil in all sorts of recipes. Ah man I do dip into it from time to time and have been doing for a long while now but I have alot haha. Just want to use a load of it up in one go, plus I do love the smell of it while cooking. Haha
    Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    When you heat the crystals in coconut oil the cannabinoids will mix into the oil. Anything you see floating is residual plant matter.

Why not make edibles with trim and smoke that yummy crystal. Makes a wonderful dusting in a spliff or a on top of the weed in bong or pipe.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wags For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (13-10-18), GEORGE (03-04-19)

Thanks

Rite I see so decarb then heat into coconut oil and it should all dissolve and mix in? This sounds interesting I can use that oil in all sorts of recipes. Ah man I do dip into it from time to time and have been doing for a long while now but I have alot haha. Just want to use a load of it up in one go, plus I do love the smell of it while cooking. Haha

Not quite. When I use coconut oil I heat the oil first to temp and then add the plant material to the heated oil. Let cook for my chosen time. Then filter out the plant matter. What's left is the coconut oil with the decarbed THC and all the cannabinoids.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-19), Wags (13-10-18)

Thanks

Personally I would prefer to lick a bit of the decarbed oil and then eat a box of regular cookies once the munchies kick in. I never caught onto edibles. I like my food the way it tastes without weed and eating the oil hits just the same with less fuss.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-19), thelastrebel (03-04-19), Wags (13-10-18)

Thanks

Sorry for the clutter and multiple posts but I recently saw something that I have not tried but it makes sense so I want to share.

If using a coffee filter.... first wet the filter with the plain coconut oil... then filter the weed oil. Prevents the good oil from being soaked into the filter. Definitely doing this for the next batch.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-19), UpT0wn (13-10-18), Wags (13-10-18)

Thanks

Sorry for the clutter and multiple posts but I recently saw something that I have not tried but it makes sense so I want to share.

If using a coffee filter.... first wet the filter with the plain coconut oil... then filter the weed oil. Prevents the good oil from being soaked into the filter. Definitely doing this for the next batch.
    That's a great idea haha.
    I'm gonna try both ways and see how I get on. I'm gonna try your way and decarb in the oil. And then I'm gonna experiment with the decarbed crystals added to the coconut oil. See if there is any difference.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wags For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That's a great idea haha.
    I'm gonna try both ways and see how I get on. I'm gonna try your way and decarb in the oil. And then I'm gonna experiment with the decarbed crystals added to the coconut oil. See if there is any difference.

Either way you would need to warm the oil for the crystals to melt into the oil. Mixing decarbed crystals into room temp oil would not blend I think.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-19), Wags (13-10-18)

Thanks

Ye man I would be warming the oil in both cases. Can't imagine trying to mix onto a jar of coconut oil at room temp haha I'd need some sort of blender. 😂😂
    Either way you would need to warm the oil for the crystals to melt into the oil. Mixing decarbed crystals into room temp oil would not blend I think.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wags For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast