Thread: question on RO water!!!

Thanks

Default question on RO water!!!

hey guys i was talking to a guy in a grow store recently and he uses one of the massive machines to RO his water but what he was telling me is if i dont want to brake my bank i can also get air stones and put that in my buckets of water for 24 hour ish and it will do pretty much the same just not ass efficiently ovs, any opinions on this would be great!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to friendlygrower For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (26-12-19), Loki (15-10-18), scoobywho (15-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

Quote Originally Posted by friendlygrower View Post
    hey guys i was talking to a guy in a grow store recently and he uses one of the massive machines to RO his water but what he was telling me is if i dont want to brake my bank i can also get air stones and put that in my buckets of water for 24 hour ish and it will do pretty much the same just not ass efficiently ovs, any opinions on this would be great!!
    You can get an RO machine for £60 on ebay, you'll need mains pressure or a water pump to feed the filters though.

"Bees don't waste time explaining to flies why honey is better than shit."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (26-12-19), scoobywho (15-10-18)

Thanks

ok but will the air stones do the trick aswell??? i can get a airpump and hose and stone for like 40$

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to friendlygrower For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (26-12-19), Loki (15-10-18), scoobywho (15-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,994 Times

No mate it's filtered water using osmosis all an airstone will do is oxygenate your water all the minerals and pollutants will still be in there.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (26-12-19), friendlygrower (15-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

Quote Originally Posted by friendlygrower View Post
    ok but will the air stones do the trick aswell??? i can get a airpump and hose and stone for like 40$
    Best thing to do is get an PPM/EC/TDS meter & test the water in your locale, no point in speculating until you have a reason too. If you plan on keeping organic nutrients pre mixed in a barrel, you should get the Airpump & stone either way.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (26-12-19)