Thread: Would neem oil kill springtails?

Thanks

Default Would neem oil kill springtails?

I think I have springtails and wondering if neem oil or any other product will kill them or control them somehow ?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dredacrop95 For This Useful Post:

G' (24-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Dredacrop95 View Post
    I think I have springtails and wondering if neem oil or any other product will kill them or control them somehow ?
    Better to keep all related questions to one thread mate. Not sure if it kills springtails but either way I would recommend it as an essential part of your IPM plan. Nothing worse than loosing the harvest to pests.
    Read this:
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Dredacrop95 (17-10-18), G' (24-10-18)

Macky Guest

Just leave them if they’re springtails mate, they’ll cause no harm to the plants and in some cases can be beneficial. You 100% sure it’s springtails?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

G' (24-10-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Just leave them if they’re springtails mate, they’ll cause no harm to the plants and in some cases can be beneficial. You 100% sure it’s springtails?
    Not sure if there springtails they look like springtails and when I touched one with the tip of my sissors it jumped so I'm guessing so

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dredacrop95 For This Useful Post:

G' (24-10-18)

Thanks

Heard they reproduce fast.. Can your top soil get infested with them? U can hardly see hem now u have to really look to see any

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dredacrop95 For This Useful Post:

G' (24-10-18)

Macky Guest

Heard they reproduce fast.. Can your top soil get infested with them? U can hardly see hem now u have to really look to see any
    Best way to get rid is to let the top inch of your medium to really dry out between waterings. The like the moist medium, dry it out, they can’t survive and reproduce. That will atleast keep the numbers down

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

G' (24-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

I don't know what's in neem oil but i would say yes it would kill them, i've killed vine weevils and thrips with neem oil as well as spider mites so i would imagine it would kill them yeah, all the best G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by G' View Post
    I don't know what's in neem oil but i would say yes it would kill them, i've killed vine weevils and thrips with neem oil as well as spider mites so i would imagine it would kill them yeah, all the best G'.
    It kills loads of things mate, loads, and not just kills them, but the smell keeps bugs away as they hate it. It’s like a nerve agent for bugs. Fucks with their brains, makes them forget to eat, reproduce, shit, proper fucks them up until they’re all dead. And leaves a scent that tells other bugs, do no tread here lol. But those springtails are happy bugs man, leave them to it.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

G' (24-10-18)