Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Me vs Powdery Mildew

Thanks

Decision time! I examined the drying buds and sure enough I found some "spider webs". I tried to pretend that it was only a little on the sugar leaves but I open the apical bud and found more inside the bud. Arrrggh. Should I try an ethanol extract? For future reference, I noticed these "light colored" areas on the seedlings but figured it was just a little nute issue that would straighten out during veg. Today I checked the clone I took from one plant weeks and weeks ago. I saw the same light colored area and examined it with a loop. NOT A NUTE ISSUE! These plants developed PM immediately upon sprouting! See the attached photos of the clone while I go sterilize my entire house with radioactive dioxin. Where is the attach button??!?!?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PM red.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	368561Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PM on clone.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	368562

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

Unfortunately, PM is a systemic disease, you need to fight it with the proper weapons. I would highly recommend a product called Fungus Fighter. You should remove all plants & treat the entire grow space, use the Fungus Fighter alongside a 12% H2o2, you can get it from Amazon. Use that combo to treat the growroom, then use the Fungus Fighter to treat the plants, ensure you fully cover the entire plant including stems & the underside of the leaves. After a couple of weeks, take cuttings from the new growth & root them. Once rooted, treat them again & let them veg out for a month. You should be clear of the PM, I would go for another 2 generations before I flower the cuts, but one generation would probably be fine.

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2