Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Spliff Comp!

Macky Guest

Bump, don’t be forgetting about this no need to enter yet, but you should drawing up designs and practising numerous times a day

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (07-11-18), G' (12-11-18), Gaz (05-11-18), GEORGE (06-11-18), M_C (05-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Lol I can barely roll a normal one Macky mate lol but cant wait to see what you guys do

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (07-11-18), G' (12-11-18), GEORGE (06-11-18), M_C (07-11-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Lol I can barely roll a normal one Macky mate lol but cant wait to see what you guys do
    Hey man, maybe you’ll win for the effort put in lol. Might be shit looking but it’s built with love and all that lol

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (07-11-18), Ben.g (07-11-18), Gaz (05-11-18), GEORGE (06-11-18), M_C (07-11-18)

Macky Guest

Yoooo, bump, let’s see some entries then talkers

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (07-11-18), Ben.g (07-11-18), GEORGE (07-11-18), M_C (07-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (07-11-18), GEORGE (07-11-18), M_C (07-11-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    I will be here, just having a bit of an issue with my van at the mo
    Still? Been a week or so now, what’s the problem?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (07-11-18), Ben.g (07-11-18), GEORGE (07-11-18), M_C (07-11-18)

Thanks

Haha, where do I start...

1st November, realised MOT was done as I went to tax it...quick on the phone to my usual garage (20 + years) to book it in...'Yeah, bring it now mate was the response' all good...

Get there, its been taken over by another company, gone are the oily parts...the numerous cars/vans in various states of repair now it looks like a surgical ward...anyway it failed on a few things, handbrake (or lack of one), suspension arm and rear fogs (or lack of again). I bring it home, have an inspection and figure for the price, I might as well replace handbrake cables and suspension arm so online click & collect from Eurocarparts, all parts in stock at local branch so off I go...'Got all parts except centre handbrake cable' (4 parts to it ffs) will be here tomorrow at 10am ! I ask if I can have the suspension arm, she says 'no sorry, we can't break an order' ???

I say ok, no worries, ill go somewhere else...she calls me back and says 'we can get it here by 1.30pm today' so I agree...2pm, I go back, 'sorry not here yet, ring back at 4pm' !! resigned to sit, smoke and post on here all day I wasn't expecting much...4pm I ring back, 'sorry, not here yet, try 10am tomorrow morning', at this point I am proper pissed off as I could have drove to the other branch (where they were getting them from) or gone somewhere else

Saturday morning, I go to pick up the bits which are there, wooohoooo happiness is short lived when I realise they've given me the wrong side , 4 hours later I convince them to deliver the right side as my van is in bits (monday only) but they wanted me to pay for the 'right' one and then get a refund from the store for the 'wrong' one......aarrgghh !!!

Anyway, I get the right one and fit it, no problem...move onto fog lights...5 hours pissing about with a meter trying to figure why I have no power to them...then I remembered...I have the front bumper/fog lights etc. from a corsa cos I hated the original front and when I fitted it, loom and all, I used the relay from the rear fog to test...totally forgetting to replace it 5 hours, 2 minutes later, we have working rear fogs...

Replaced hand brake cables too and thought that was it... this morning phone MOT garage to take back, only retest on failures so hand brake first and bang...the brake machine is dead

Waiting on a phone call to return once its repaired, meanwhile still no MOT or TAX...booohooooooo

Essay complete

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (07-11-18), GEORGE (07-11-18), M_C (07-11-18), Peanut butter (07-11-18)

Macky Guest

Default Best Spliff Comp!

Haha, where do I start...

1st November, realised MOT was done as I went to tax it...quick on the phone to my usual garage (20 + years) to book it in...'Yeah, bring it now mate was the response' all good...

Get there, its been taken over by another company, gone are the oily parts...the numerous cars/vans in various states of repair now it looks like a surgical ward...anyway it failed on a few things, handbrake (or lack of one), suspension arm and rear fogs (or lack of again). I bring it home, have an inspection and figure for the price, I might as well replace handbrake cables and suspension arm so online click & collect from Eurocarparts, all parts in stock at local branch so off I go...'Got all parts except centre handbrake cable' (4 parts to it ffs) will be here tomorrow at 10am ! I ask if I can have the suspension arm, she says 'no sorry, we can't break an order' ???

I say ok, no worries, ill go somewhere else...she calls me back and says 'we can get it here by 1.30pm today' so I agree...2pm, I go back, 'sorry not here yet, ring back at 4pm' !! resigned to sit, smoke and post on here all day I wasn't expecting much...4pm I ring back, 'sorry, not here yet, try 10am tomorrow morning', at this point I am proper pissed off as I could have drove to the other branch (where they were getting them from) or gone somewhere else

Saturday morning, I go to pick up the bits which are there, wooohoooo happiness is short lived when I realise they've given me the wrong side , 4 hours later I convince them to deliver the right side as my van is in bits (monday only) but they wanted me to pay for the 'right' one and then get a refund from the store for the 'wrong' one......aarrgghh !!!

Anyway, I get the right one and fit it, no problem...move onto fog lights...5 hours pissing about with a meter trying to figure why I have no power to them...then I remembered...I have the front bumper/fog lights etc. from a corsa cos I hated the original front and when I fitted it, loom and all, I used the relay from the rear fog to test...totally forgetting to replace it 5 hours, 2 minutes later, we have working rear fogs...

Replaced hand brake cables too and thought that was it... this morning phone MOT garage to take back, only retest on failures so hand brake first and bang...the brake machine is dead

Waiting on a phone call to return once its repaired, meanwhile still no MOT or TAX...booohooooooo

Essay complete
    Damn, AND, breath lol.

Thought my car was bad serviced it yesterday and pre not test.... lots needs doing gonna have to spend a monkey on it I reckon considered doing it myself, but it’s far to cold out there for me, and my hands, when they get cold, cry! Lol and I hate smashing them against hard bits of metal when undoing the nuts.... fuck it, I’ll pay the mechanic to go through the pain lol.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (07-11-18), Gaz (07-11-18), GEORGE (07-11-18), M_C (07-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Damn, AND, breath lol.

Thought my car was bad serviced it yesterday and pre not test.... lots needs doing gonna have to spend a monkey on it I reckon considered doing it myself, but it’s far to cold out there for me, and my hands, when they get cold, cry! Lol and I hate smashing them against hard bits of metal when undoing the nuts.... fuck it, I’ll pay the mechanic to go through the pain lol.
    Lol, yeah...breathe in...breathe out...just pisses me off how quick they were to grab my custom with BS

What did it fail on ? Can do most stuff but not welding as my welder has no gas at the mo, way cheaper than a mechanic

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (07-11-18), Gaz (07-11-18), GEORGE (07-11-18), M_C (07-11-18)

Macky Guest

Lol, yeah...breathe in...breathe out...just pisses me off how quick they were to grab my custom with BS

What did it fail on ? Can do most stuff but not welding as my welder has no gas at the mo, way cheaper than a mechanic
    Just minor things really mate, easy fixes, I’ve got a list lol

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (07-11-18), Ben.g (07-11-18), Gaz (07-11-18), GEORGE (07-11-18), M_C (07-11-18)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast