Thread: DR120 kit

Thanks

Default DR120 kit

Ok time to start shopping, was looking at this grow kit from greens.

1 X Secret Jardin DR120 Rev 3 grow tent measuring 120cm X 120cm X 200cm

1 x CAN RK150 inline fan (with 4m power lead included)

1 x Rhino Pro Filter 150/3001 x 5m of 150mm Acoustic Ducting (with 3 ducting clips and 3 heavy duty cable ties)

1 X Parabolic 100cm Reflector1 X Maxibright iPac Pro 600W Ballast1 X Sunmaster 600W Dual Spectrum lamp

1 X Pair of Easy-Rolls

1 X Heavy Duty Timer

1 X Secret Jardin Monkey Fan

This kit does not seem to include a contactor relay, will I need one for a 600w light?

Will also purchase a 400w mh bulb for veg, can I use this straight after germination? Before I used to start my grow under florescent think it was a t5 coolfire, no longer have that equipment and I am trying to keep the cost down.

For a fan controller I was looking at the Variispeed, will a passive intake do the job or should I get an intake fan as well?

Growing media was thinking of using biobiz all mix soil and nutrients, had luck with it in the past, if any can suggest a better media and a link to a guide to go with it that would be great.

Decided to go with non auto fem seeds be begin with, going to veg 4 plants for around 6 weeks, what size of pots should I use for the veg and flower stages.

Will also need a get something to measure temp and humidity.

Thinks that's everything I needs to get started, if you can see anything I have missed please let me know, and apologies for so many questions.

Now a quick trip down the street to buy some black out curtians for my spare room

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Urbanvulture For This Useful Post:

Loki (03-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

Hey dude, the kits sounds pretty good to be fair, & the choices you've made are also good. I think you will struggle to veg 4 plants for 6 weeks in a 1.2m tent though, unless you are in 2 litre pots. If you plan on doing 4 plants, I would go with 10 litre pots & cut the veg time to 4 weeks. You should top the plants once they reach their 4th true set of leaves & train then to keep the canopy level. You will also need to get a dimmable ballast if you plan to use a 400w for the veg stage.
    I use my 600w straight from seed & never have any issues.
    You can pick up a decent hygrometer on ebay for a few pounds, this will give you the readings you need.
    Get yourself a couple of 5 litre water bottles from a supermarket, I used to use them for mixing nutrients, easy to work with.
    Last edited by Loki; 03-11-18 at 02:22 PM.

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Urbanvulture (03-11-18), _teapot_ (03-11-18)

Thanks

Thanks will veg 4 for 4 weeks then, do you think I should start the seedling in 10 litre pots then, or start smaller then transplant?