Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone identify this?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,526 Times

Quote Originally Posted by _teapot_ View Post
    Oh dude I thought I was well clear as I’ve had absolutely no sign all grow. Had a little incident this week but even so I can’t think how I’d have picked them up. Was thinking the same about the pots but sod it almost there. Never using air pots again if I carry on with soil they’re useless 😂
    Could be from anywhere mate. I've started to avoid flowers in the supermarket, well the pot grown ones. Once you notice bug damage it's hard not see.
    Yeah airpots are a no no in soil and I'm guessing you have learnt the hard way.
    Square or round plastic for soil. I wish I had used square with the ones I'm growing now. Round pots just don't fit together properly and lose to much space.
    "To live is to risk it all. Otherwise you're just an inert chunk of randomly assembled molecules drifting wherever the universe blows you."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmshop For This Useful Post:

G' (09-11-18), _teapot_ (03-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,573 Times

Default Can anyone identify this?

Quote Originally Posted by Farmshop View Post
    Could be from anywhere mate. I've started to avoid flowers in the supermarket, well the pot grown ones. Once you notice bug damage it's hard not see.
    Yeah airpots are a no no in soil and I'm guessing you have learnt the hard way.
    Square or round plastic for soil. I wish I had used square with the ones I'm growing now. Round pots just don't fit together properly and lose to much space.
    I used square pots first time and thought I’d try these. Pain in the arse just for watering. Definitely going back to square ones till I go nft.

It was all going so well and tbh I thought I knew what to look for with thrips. Genuinely stumped

I’ve sprayed the stems with deep clean and lightly covered the under sides of the plants too

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

Farmshop (03-11-18), G' (09-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,526 Times

I used square pots first time and thought I’d try these. Pain in the arse just for watering. Definitely going back to square ones till I go nft.

It was all going so well and tbh I thought I knew what to look for with thrips. Genuinely stumped

I’ve sprayed the stems with deep clean and lightly covered the under sides of the plants too
    Roll on the trays 😍
    How old are these plants teapot?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmshop For This Useful Post:

G' (09-11-18), _teapot_ (03-11-18)

Thanks

6 weeks into flower so hoping there’s 3 weeks left tops going by the last ones. Unsure weather to do another soil run as I’ve still got to spend a bit for the new set up and I’m thinking of moving into the loft, plus I’ve the babies under the invisible sun waiting to go

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

Farmshop (03-11-18), G' (09-11-18), lipnobody (03-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

����
    cracking bodge job that
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

G' (09-11-18), WF420 (09-11-18), _teapot_ (03-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lipnobody View Post
    cracking bodge job that
    Adapt and over come 😂. Love a meat feast 😂

Thanks dude

12. The Following User Says Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

G' (09-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

I had thrips earlier in my grow brother and a few days after finding them i found an adult vine weevil happily munching away on one of my girls i treated the soil with nematodes and sprayed pots, saucers, lower stems and leaves with neem oil and that got rid of the lot kept spraying soil and lower stems groom floor etc' with neem for a week or two to make sure the job was done all turned out well, all the best bro' G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

14. The Following User Says Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (09-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

I am not sold on that photo from OP being thrips. This worked great to get rid of thrips and fungus gnats for me.

Thanks

They dont seem to be on the plants only in the soil. Literally only see them when watering and it flushes them up to the surface

17. The Following User Says Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (09-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

Probably springtail larvae, harmless to plants, but I'm not 100% , I used to get similar looking things when I watered in coco.

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (09-11-18), _teapot_ (09-11-18)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast