Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thc/cbd oil Mg dosage.

Macky Guest

Default Thc/cbd oil Mg dosage.

Ok talkers, things got a bit shit.

A couple of weeks ago my wife’s dad was diagnosed with cancer. At first, it didn’t seem too bad. They found a growth on the junction of his oesophagus and stomach at first and then did more test. We were concerned of course, but just an op and bit of chemo and it’ll be all gone.

After another scan, it was found to be stage three, gastro oesophageal junction cancer, ( something like this, we are not sure yet on final diagnoses, one more scan today to find out what the deal is)

Things ain’t looking great tbh, and the wife, is distraught. But I, always look on the bright side, I’m an optimist. To get to the cancer, they need to collapse one of his lungs, and operate. Unfortunately , he has been a smoker all his life, and has emphysema, so the doctors say, they can’t collapse his lung, so can’t get to the cancer.....

So far the plan is to give chemo, hope the cancer shrinks to a size where they can reach it, and in the mean time, he quits smoking and they may be able to get to the cancer.

He is, 56, 6ft 3, weights 16 stone, other than the emphysema he is in good health, and I’m confident he can fight this shit and come out winning on the other side, with the help of some Mary Jane.... but he is against it, and doesn’t want to take any saying “ if they find weed in my system they’ll kick me out of hospital”. I told him that’s not gonna happen, speak to the doctor, see what they say....

Well this ended up longer than it was supposed to be, I have a question. Been doing the research over the last couple of weeks on what I need to do, to A, give him dosage to help relieve the symptoms of the chemo, and B, give him the dosage that ( supposedly) treats cancer. I don’t believe there is enough evidence to support the idea thc kills cancer, but there is plenty to show it helps with the effects of chemo.

If he can eat, and sleep well, the recovery will be easier.

So, Mg of thc.

Bioavailability. Let’s say, he needs 15mg of thc ( from RSO). Using a carrier oil, let’s say the bio availability is 50%. Do I need to dose at 30mg to make sure he gets 15mg as the bioavailability is 50%. Or, do I give him the 15mg, and the actual dosage is 7.5 because of bioavailability,

Got most of this shit down, but just need to clear some of these things up before I feel comfortable.

I’ve got a cbd shark 1:1 cbd thc going, for my wife, but of course now we have this news, it has become for her dad, and I’ve popped a couple of cbd cream n cheese that will also go to making oil for him. I know he said he doesn’t want it, but he might change his mind once he starts the chemo, and I need it to be ready for him incase he changes his mind.

Sorry that’s long talkers. Been stressing for a while over this, didn’t wanna post it up here and have a downer on all your morning, but it’s been on my mind, stressing me too, and I know I can talk here and be supported.

Much love, let’s hope for the best, I’m sure, me with you guys pushing me, we will give it 100% the best we can to make sure this guy gets through it, or atleast lives out the rest of his life comfortably.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (05-11-18), Erby (20-12-18), Gaz (05-11-18), joker_the_smoker (05-11-18), M_C (05-11-18), scoobywho (05-11-18), The budda (05-11-18), toblue (05-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Cant help with the dosing but I can offer my sympathies and dont lose hope. My dad has late stage, think 3 as well, liver cancer that due to his alcoholism for most of his life they cant resect. He stopped drinking so they agreed to gibe him targetted chemo and it actually stopped the tumour growth and shrank it a little bit. It aint a fix but its gone from 18 months to 5 years + and the 10 year has been mentioned.

Sorry I cant help with dosing ect but I am under the impression that there is no lethal dose for MJ so at least you can relax a little in that knowledge.

My thoughts are with you and your family mate

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

AND (05-11-18), Valentina (20-12-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Cant help with the dosing but I can offer my sympathies and dont lose hope. My dad has late stage, think 3 as well, liver cancer that due to his alcoholism for most of his life they cant resect. He stopped drinking so they agreed to gibe him targetted chemo and it actually stopped the tumour growth and shrank it a little bit. It aint a fix but its gone from 18 months to 5 years + and the 10 year has been mentioned.

Sorry I cant help with dosing ect but I am under the impression that there is no lethal dose for MJ so at least you can relax a little in that knowledge.

My thoughts are with you and your family mate
    No lethal dose exactly mate. Let’s not get started on the stupidness of all that. The poisons they’re gonna put him on, when there is good evidence weed is a good treatment for chemo symptoms. Shocking bs man.

Sorry to hear about your dad too there mate! Cancer, what a fucking wanker that shit is. It’s good to hear that his condition has improved and life expectancy is increasing!

This type of cancer, ( as I said, we will know more after his final scan) has less than 40% survival rate..... my wife thinks he will be dead within a year, she isn’t dealing with the news well. I told her, he has cancer, we are a long way from saying he is dying... but we all deal with these things our own way, I have re assured her some what but of course, she is losing it really. Her dad means everything to her! I really don’t wanna see him ill, and really don’t wanna see him die, but the worst thing is going to be seeing my wife lose her dad, and the emotional turmoil that’s going to bring. I’m really not looking forward to that! He is such a good guy too, he don’t deserve this shit. So many wankers out there man! And this happens to one of the best guys I know. Fucking bullshit man

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (05-11-18), Gaz (05-11-18), Valentina (20-12-18)

Thanks

Yeah we all though dad was a gonna man, its fucking scary shit mate. My wife is having test for ovarian cancer at the moment and I had a tumour removed (pre cancerous) from my gallbladder last year. When they mention tumour or the C word its fucking grim but you gotta stay positive mate and have enough of it for both of you. Just be her rock mate and dont let the shit get you down coz she needs you pal !!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Yeah we all though dad was a gonna man, its fucking scary shit mate. My wife is having test for ovarian cancer at the moment and I had a tumour removed (pre cancerous) from my gallbladder last year. When they mention tumour or the C word its fucking grim but you gotta stay positive mate and have enough of it for both of you. Just be her rock mate and dont let the shit get you down coz she needs you pal !!!
    Thanks Gaz, really appreciate your words and support mate. Scary man, hope you’re holding up ok too man! Sound like you’ve been through all the shit I’ve got coming and come out good on the other side. If you ever to to talk, vent, rant whatever man, you know where my inbox is bruva! Stay strong, I’ll do the same. We can’t let this shit crack us ay!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

So sorry to hear the news mate, hope you can find something that helps. From what I've read, suppositories are the best way to go

Can't offer any help on the CBD, as I know shit, but if either of you need help with anything else, whatever, you know where I am

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Gaz (05-11-18), miracle-herb (07-11-18), Valentina (20-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Thanks Gaz, really appreciate your words and support mate. Scary man, hope you’re holding up ok too man! Sound like you’ve been through all the shit I’ve got coming and come out good on the other side. If you ever to to talk, vent, rant whatever man, you know where my inbox is bruva! Stay strong, I’ll do the same. We can’t let this shit crack us ay!
    Im good mate, I have an odd perspective on things really, I see emotion as serving little purpose and I rely on my rational mind to deal with these things. I serve little purpose unless I can be analytical and rational, if I show fear my wife will freak, its not that Im not scared I just choose to lock that shit down and be pragmatic. If they say she has it then I will believe the treatments will work and try to keep our lives normal and if the worst happens then I will deal with it same with Dad , it aint over till the fat lady sings and until I hear that bitch sing then its business as usual.

Im not saying thats what you should do but if you can take anything from how I'm coping to help then fantastic.

The offers stand to you as well mate, if you ever need to talk then Im around most days

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Awful news, sorry to hear, Macky!

The oil will definitely help with the chemo symptoms at the very least i.e. nausea and appetite.

I can recommend an excellent book about cannabis and its effects on cancer, it's called "Marijuana, gateway to health". I'll PM you.

Best of luck, bro.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

AND (05-11-18), Gaz (05-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times

Hi mate sorry about your news,I don’t suppose you have a contact email for bomber,if you can contact him you should,he helped me with a friend that was in a similar situation,that guy knows everything there is to know about oil for cancer.
    It's nice to be nice.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

AND (05-11-18), Gaz (05-11-18), WhIpLaSh (05-11-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    So sorry to hear the news mate, hope you can find something that helps. From what I've read, suppositories are the best way to go

Can't offer any help on the CBD, as I know shit, but if either of you need help with anything else, whatever, you know where I am
    Nice one mate. When I come to make some oil, pop round, we can both do it together, we will both learn from it.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast