Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Treating oesophageal cancer with CBD/RSO

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,948 Times

Default Treating oesophageal cancer with CBD/RSO

Hi everyone. So my nan was diagnosed with oesophageal cancer about a year ago, she had her voice-box removed to try stop the cancer. Initially everything looked clear, until two months ago. She started being sick whenever she ate, then whenever she drank too. After 2 weeks of her condition deteriorating, the hospital finally did a cat scan. She had a tumour at the bottom of her gullet, stopping food and drink from being able to get into her stomach. She’s too weak for another operation and too weak for chemotherapy, so her only option really is palliative care with a week of radiotherapy to shrink the tumour. She’s very anti weed, even though I couldn’t sing it’s praises louder. But she is so tired of hospitals and being poked and prodded, she’s considering CBD oil but doesn’t want to try THC Because of the High. So my questions are:

Does anyone have any experience treating cancer in that area with CBD oil or RSO?

Does anyone have any dosage guidelines?

Are some CBD oils better than others in your experience?

And any convincing arguments for trying RSO, I can show her facts till the cows come home but she really doesn’t want to feel high in any way. Cheers all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

G' (03-12-18), GEORGE (11-11-18), Greengrass (11-11-18), redisiel (11-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Itslittyofc View Post
    Hi everyone. So my nan was diagnosed with oesophageal cancer about a year ago, she had her voice-box removed to try stop the cancer. Initially everything looked clear, until two months ago. She started being sick whenever she ate, then whenever she drank too. After 2 weeks of her condition deteriorating, the hospital finally did a cat scan. She had a tumour at the bottom of her gullet, stopping food and drink from being able to get into her stomach. She’s too weak for another operation and too weak for chemotherapy, so her only option really is palliative care with a week of radiotherapy to shrink the tumour. She’s very anti weed, even though I couldn’t sing it’s praises louder. But she is so tired of hospitals and being poked and prodded, she’s considering CBD oil but doesn’t want to try THC Because of the High. So my questions are:

Does anyone have any experience treating cancer in that area with CBD oil or RSO?

Does anyone have any dosage guidelines?

Are some CBD oils better than others in your experience?

And any convincing arguments for trying RSO, I can show her facts till the cows come home but she really doesn’t want to feel high in any way. Cheers all

CBD is mega over rated on its own , Cannabis works with all the parts working as a team ,

This is from Rick simpson the creator of RSO himself :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5mfUiCn9Z4
    Last edited by MrEnigma; 09-11-18 at 05:12 PM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrEnigma For This Useful Post:

G' (03-12-18), GEORGE (11-11-18), Greengrass (11-11-18), Itslittyofc (10-11-18), redisiel (11-11-18)

Thanks

BTW sorry to hear about your nan

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrEnigma For This Useful Post:

G' (03-12-18), GEORGE (11-11-18), Greengrass (11-11-18), Itslittyofc (10-11-18), redisiel (11-11-18), Valentina (12-11-18)

Macky Guest

You need thc aswell mate, a strain that 1:1 cbd thc, have a look on seeds man, they have some good strain that over an equal balance of both.

Then you have to make your rso.

Then check the medical section as the is a great post on damage and carrier oils that will get you on track, it’s in the stickies and easy to find.

Also, if taken as a suppository, the thc doesn’t get broken down by the liver, and the high is very minimal, but you still get a good amount of the active ingredients into the blood stream.

Hope this helps, I’ve been doing research my self on all this shit recently, very interesting! I hope this helps, and hope everything works out ok for your nan

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

G' (03-12-18), GEORGE (11-11-18), Greengrass (11-11-18), Itslittyofc (10-11-18), redisiel (11-11-18)

Thanks

You see i kind of knew that CBD wouldn’t do the job on its own, but with her not being very willing to try THC I was hoping it was something I’d imagined reading... I had checked out 1:1 oils, but I had been told just THC would do a better job. I very much doubt she would try a high strength THC oil without trying a 1:1 first, I also want to avoid anything that may stimulate her appetite. She’s got to use a feeding tube at the minute but still says she wishes she could have proper food, so I’m a little concerned it might give her the munchies and that wouldn’t be too pleasant if you can’t eat.

Sourcing the oils is also near impossible for me, I could probably find someone selling “1:1 oil” but I would have no guarantee I actually be getting anything legit and at the prices I’ve seen it at it’s something we really couldn’t afford to get conned with. I could try and grow a 1:1 strain, but time is a factor as her radiotherapy is in a week and I would like to try get some for her when that treatment is done to give her the best chance of them working in conjunction. Also my confidence in making RSO is very lacking, I wouldn’t want to cause a fire trying to make it.

It’s times like this that make me realise how far behind the UK Really is, seems our country wouldn’t know a good thing if it slapped em in the face.

Thanks for your replies guys, I appreciate it and thanks for your well wishes

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

G' (03-12-18), GEORGE (11-11-18), Greengrass (11-11-18), redisiel (11-11-18), Valentina (12-11-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Itslittyofc View Post
    You see i kind of knew that CBD wouldn’t do the job on its own, but with her not being very willing to try THC I was hoping it was something I’d imagined reading... I had checked out 1:1 oils, but I had been told just THC would do a better job. I very much doubt she would try a high strength THC oil without trying a 1:1 first, I also want to avoid anything that may stimulate her appetite. She’s got to use a feeding tube at the minute but still says she wishes she could have proper food, so I’m a little concerned it might give her the munchies and that wouldn’t be too pleasant if you can’t eat.

Sourcing the oils is also near impossible for me, I could probably find someone selling “1:1 oil” but I would have no guarantee I actually be getting anything legit and at the prices I’ve seen it at it’s something we really couldn’t afford to get conned with. I could try and grow a 1:1 strain, but time is a factor as her radiotherapy is in a week and I would like to try get some for her when that treatment is done to give her the best chance of them working in conjunction. Also my confidence in making RSO is very lacking, I wouldn’t want to cause a fire trying to make it.

It’s times like this that make me realise how far behind the UK Really is, seems our country wouldn’t know a good thing if it slapped em in the face.

Thanks for your replies guys, I appreciate it and thanks for your well wishes

The only way to ensure it’s what it says on the tin is to make it yourself mate. You can do it, just follow the guidelines and make sure the area is well ventilated and you’ll be fine. Taking the oil as a suppository will reduce the high, and the dosage isn’t that strong, at the heights it’ll be around 50mg of thc/cbd, and that a high dose. Make the oil, mix it with a carrier oil, make some capsules and you’re good.

Did you check out the guide in the medical section on how to dose n shit?

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

G' (03-12-18), GEORGE (11-11-18), Greengrass (11-11-18), Itslittyofc (12-11-18), redisiel (11-11-18), Valentina (12-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    The only way to ensure it’s what it says on the tin is to make it yourself mate. You can do it, just follow the guidelines and make sure the area is well ventilated and you’ll be fine. Taking the oil as a suppository will reduce the high, and the dosage isn’t that strong, at the heights it’ll be around 50mg of thc/cbd, and that a high dose. Make the oil, mix it with a carrier oil, make some capsules and you’re good.

Did you check out the guide in the medical section on how to dose n shit?
    I haven’t been able to sit down and really have a look, being so close to Christmas Work is busy I only really get 5-10 Mins to check on here a day. I’ve glanced at some pages but will have a proper look when I get an hour peace lol. The only place I could do it is in my kitchen, there is a tiny little extraction fan in there but that does nothing to vent anything and there isn’t a window in my kitchen. So no way to draw air through the room, but I have a friend who does have a decent kitchen that I could ask.

It’s all so rushed and seems way more confusing than when i read about it before I knew I had to try make it. It seems like the more articles I read, 200 more sub topics appear that I need to read for that 1 article to make any sense. Maybe I’m just rushing around and making it more confusing than anything really is

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

G' (03-12-18), GEORGE (24-11-18), Valentina (12-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times

Really sorry about your nan. I was getting CBD oils from CBD Brothers for a while, then found out that Sensi Seeds also sells them.

One company I would advice against is based in Catalonia, they sell oils and "pastes" and stuff for menstrual pains and even pets over a pretty smart looking website, then DHL/FedEx you your stuff.

If you let us know what kind of space you have, height, width, depth, and what budget you have, I am sure the people here can advice you on what kit would suit best.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

G' (03-12-18), GEORGE (24-11-18), Itslittyofc (16-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Really sorry about your nan. I was getting CBD oils from CBD Brothers for a while, then found out that Sensi Seeds also sells them.

One company I would advice against is based in Catalonia, they sell oils and "pastes" and stuff for menstrual pains and even pets over a pretty smart looking website, then DHL/FedEx you your stuff.

If you let us know what kind of space you have, height, width, depth, and what budget you have, I am sure the people here can advice you on what kit would suit best.
    I found royal queen seeds do 2/5/8% CBD oil, they also do power sleep. But as everyone’s saying, CBD isn’t able to effectively do anything.

I’ve got a 2.5 ft by 2.5ft by 6ft tent that I grow my medical stuff in, being to help with anxiety etc anything I grow is pretty low in CBD and high in THC so that would be no good for what my nan needs.

I do have a cupboard I could try grow in, but last time I grew in it I had a 240 something watt fluorescent fish lights a friend gave me. Not sure if it was the lights, but all 4 autos I had under it only got to their second set of leaves in a month so I chucked them before I wasted anymore time and money on them. I did think about getting a 1:1 strain and building a space box, however my budget is nearly non existent. I’m low on nutes at the moment and I’ve been saving a few weeks to get that and my inline fan is on its way out. So anything over costing 100 or more would take a few months to get together, especially with Christmas so close!

Oh well I’m sure I’ll get there eventually... just take it as it comes

@Macky you mentioned 1:1 strains, do they come in autos? Probably a very obvious and stupid question, but the amount of contradiction on google id rather ask you.

Thanks again everyone 🍁

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

G' (03-12-18), GEORGE (24-11-18)

Thanks

Hi all, just thought I would let you know that my quest to make RSO oil is over... my nan passed away yesterday, but I want to thank you all for the hope you gave me when I was looking at trying to treat her. Thank you

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

G' (04-03-20), Gaz (15-01-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast