Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Quick coco setup question!

Thanks

Default Quick coco setup question!

Hi guys,

My grow space is 1.2x1.2. And I grow autoflowers.

I'm used to growing in soil, and so far I've often done 8-9 plants in 10 litre pots. To completely fill the 1.2x.1.2 canopy.

This was a little crowded so I recently tried 4 auto's, in 25 litre pots. With training, these 4 also completely filled the canopy. But I think 2 of the plants had root problems, possibly due to oversized pots?

Anyway, I've decided to go coco this run. And I've bought all the parts to build my own drip system. My question is, if I'm to do 4 plants again, but in coco this time, what size pots should I use? I'm thinking 4x 10 litre pots may do because of higher root density and increased watering schedule? Bearing in mind that I want to fill the canopy as usual.

It would be nice if I could use either the 25 litre or 10 litre pots that I already have, but I'm open to buying a different size if it's optimal.

Also, I'm thinking of going Advanced PH Perfect nutrients, just so I don't have to worry about PH. Is it really that reliable? Could I get by without a PH pen? And are they really worth the price?

Thanks all, any advice would be appreciated

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stonerose For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

before i upgraded from 1.2x1.2 i used 4 x 15ltr aitpots just straight coco. and scrogged and super cropped which would give me wall to wall of buds. more plants dont mean more bud as light is important, 600w in there is plenty
    stick with canna coco AB, Canna rhizo & liquid silicon from buddhas tree also. you will need ph up/down to.

you will need a ph pen and ec meter, i only use either bluelabs or essentials brand. rest are pretty crappy put there

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Farmshop (13-11-18), GEORGE (13-11-18), stonerose (13-11-18), Valentina (05-01-20)

Thanks

That's exactly the detail I needed. Thank you! Are they autoflowers? They look it but just checking!

I'll see about purchasing some 15 litre air pots.

And that sure is an amazing and very even canopy dude!! Very jealous

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stonerose For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-11-18), joker_the_smoker (13-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stonerose View Post
    That's exactly the detail I needed. Thank you! Are they autoflowers? They look it but just checking!

no mate photos, dont wana be scrogging autos tbh matey

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-11-18), M_C (13-11-18), Valentina (05-01-20), WF420 (13-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Joker runs photos usually mate 👍 not 100% but i doubt super cropping autos would be a good idea due to tight time frame

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-11-18), joker_the_smoker (13-11-18), Valentina (05-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

I'm on my first grow with Ph perfect and it works as advertised. If your background EC is high they dont reccomend it.

this is from their support team:

'If the water source is 150 ppm ( or 0.3 EC) you can use the tap water anything above that RO is best'

I don't have any pens and just feeding daily with run off. It's working for me in coco. Its strong though around half will do it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stonerose View Post

my advice would be leave those ph "perfect" nutes alone, and invest in a pen and ec meter. you have more control of ph and whats going on with your plants. coco = ph pen & ec meter

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-11-18), WF420 (13-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sourshoes View Post
    I'm on my first grow with Ph perfect and it works as advertised. If your background EC is high they dont reccomend it.

this is from their support team:

'If the water source is 150 ppm ( or 0.3 EC) you can use the tap water anything above that RO is best'

I don't have any pens and just feeding daily with run off. It's working for me in coco. Its strong though around half will do it.
    there looking over fed mate.....

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-11-18), WF420 (13-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    there looking over fed mate.....
    Agreed, very dark those mate!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    my advice would be leave those ph "perfect" nutes alone, and invest in a pen and ec meter. you have more control of ph and whats going on with your plants. coco = ph pen & ec meter
    Alright, I'll make sure to opt for the Canna nutes and a ph pen. I was always going to get an EC meter!

What Perlite mix do you use? The coco available at my store is Canna Coco professional+, but I've just read that it's 100% coco.

In the coco for noobs thread, it says 75% coco / 25% perlite is the correct mix if you want to water one to two times daily. Which is what I'm aiming to do.

Anyway, later in that same thread it says "Canna Coco or Botanicare’s CocoGro (available in bags, bricks and bales) can be mixed with Perlite to increase aeration and drainage in the root zone. Growers should avoid using coco-specific nutrients when amending coco with Perlite to keep plants from yellowing and under-performing."

So should I ignore that and buy coco nutes regardless? Or should I forget mixing and aim to water every few days, as it describes to do with 100% coco?

Also, sorry to go on and on but - I have a 100L reservoir. Should I put an airstone in there to add oxygen? Like perhaps turn it on 10-15 minutes before my watering timer goes off? It should also help to mix the nutrients up?

Thanks again

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stonerose For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-11-18), joker_the_smoker (13-11-18)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast