Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Quick coco setup question!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Quote Originally Posted by stonerose View Post
    Alright, I'll make sure to opt for the Canna nutes and a ph pen. I was always going to get an EC meter!

What Perlite mix do you use? The coco available at my store is Canna Coco professional+, but I've just read that it's 100% coco.

In the coco for noobs thread, it says 75% coco / 25% perlite is the correct mix if you want to water one to two times daily. Which is what I'm aiming to do.

Anyway, later in that same thread it says "Canna Coco or Botanicare’s CocoGro (available in bags, bricks and bales) can be mixed with Perlite to increase aeration and drainage in the root zone. Growers should avoid using coco-specific nutrients when amending coco with Perlite to keep plants from yellowing and under-performing."

So should I ignore that and buy coco nutes regardless? Or should I forget mixing and aim to water every few days, as it describes to do with 100% coco?

Also, sorry to go on and on but - I have a 100L reservoir. Should I put an airstone in there to add oxygen? Like perhaps turn it on 10-15 minutes before my watering timer goes off? It should also help to mix the nutrients up?

Thanks again
    You dont need perlite in coco mate, it doesnt compact like soil so youll have no issues with drainage

As for nutes, as joker said Canna Coco A +B, Canna rhizotonic and buddhas tree solar green power will see you through veg, would also advise Canna calmag

The canna coco A + B is good for veg and flower, i used big bud coco and overdrive alongside in flower 👍

The Canna coco pro + is good to go straight out the bag

As for the res, an airstone is needed to stop the water going stagnant and to keep the nutes mixed in, youll also need to check and adjust ph/ec as they will swing over time

Hope this helps buddy

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-11-18), joker_the_smoker (13-11-18), stonerose (13-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Alright, I'll make sure to opt for the Canna nutes and a ph pen. I was always going to get an EC meter!

What Perlite mix do you use? The coco available at my store is Canna Coco professional+, but I've just read that it's 100% coco.

In the coco for noobs thread, it says 75% coco / 25% perlite is the correct mix if you want to water one to two times daily. Which is what I'm aiming to do.

Anyway, later in that same thread it says "Canna Coco or Botanicare’s CocoGro (available in bags, bricks and bales) can be mixed with Perlite to increase aeration and drainage in the root zone. Growers should avoid using coco-specific nutrients when amending coco with Perlite to keep plants from yellowing and under-performing."

So should I ignore that and buy coco nutes regardless? Or should I forget mixing and aim to water every few days, as it describes to do with 100% coco?

Also, sorry to go on and on but - I have a 100L reservoir. Should I put an airstone in there to add oxygen? Like perhaps turn it on 10-15 minutes before my watering timer goes off? It should also help to mix the nutrients up?

Thanks again
    forget perlite matey, just buy canna coco pro is perfect. theres plenty aeration in coco without perlite

this is a good guide from me mukka blue, https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-And-Nutrients

for veg nutes go buy canna coco ab, canna rhizotonic, buddhas tree solar green silicon, and bottle canna calmag (use calmag as foliar spray) bottle ph up/down an thats your shopping list for veg nutes, as for flower theres many ways to go but cross that bridge later

airstones are a must in nute res mukka. but you will be better off hand watering until they are in big final 15ltr pots and are fair big (with big root mass) then you can flood them with your feeding system

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-11-18), stonerose (13-11-18), WF420 (13-11-18)

Thanks

Thanks man. It's just that in the guide it said that 100% coco can be watered much like normal soil, every 2-3 days. Do you water more often with 100% coco?

Does the airstone need to be on all the time, or just for a duration before watering? If so, approximately how long?

It's all very helpful, I'm just clarifying the details. Cheers bud!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stonerose For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-11-18), WF420 (13-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by WF420 View Post
    You dont need perlite in coco mate, it doesnt compact like soil so youll have no issues with drainage

As for nutes, as joker said Canna Coco A +B, Canna rhizotonic and buddhas tree solar green power will see you through veg, would also advise Canna calmag

The canna coco A + B is good for veg and flower, i used big bud coco and overdrive alongside in flower ��

The Canna coco pro + is good to go straight out the bag

As for the res, an airstone is needed to stop the water going stagnant and to keep the nutes mixed in, youll also need to check and adjust ph/ec as they will swing over time

Hope this helps buddy
    you learning well young grass hopper

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    forget perlite matey, just buy canna coco pro is perfect. theres plenty aeration in coco without perlite

this is a good guide from me mukka blue,

for veg nutes go buy canna coco ab, canna rhizotonic, buddhas tree solar green silicon, and bottle canna calmag (use calmag as foliar spray) bottle ph up/down an thats your shopping list for veg nutes, as for flower theres many ways to go but cross that bridge later

airstones are a must in nute res mukka. but you will be better off hand watering until they are in big final 15ltr pots and are fair big (with big root mass) then you can flood them with your feeding system
    Ok - just seen your reply after I posted, cheers man!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stonerose For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-11-18)

Thanks

you learning well young grass hopper
    Learnt from the best old mukka 😉 got in there before ya too 😂

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-11-18), joker_the_smoker (13-11-18)

Thanks

However, I'm going to be doing auto's so I wont be transplanting. And one of the main reasons I'm going irrigation is because I work a lot and I want to free up some time from watering. Are you saying that young plant's wont need watered 1-2 times per day? Because If they do, I can't hand water them.

Also, i think my 10 litre airpots are actually 11 litre, not that it's much difference but since I'm doing auto's, I might just run with 4 of those.. What do you think? I've had some pretty big auto's from 11L soil, and they had less space to grow in to. The pot being too small is better than overdoing it, right?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stonerose For This Useful Post:

Thanks

However, I'm going to be doing auto's so I wont be transplanting. And one of the main reasons I'm going irrigation is because I work a lot and I want to free up some time from watering. Are you saying that young plant's wont need watered 1-2 times per day? Because If they do, I can't hand water them.

Also, i think my 10 litre airpots are actually 11 litre, not that it's much difference but since I'm doing auto's, I might just run with 4 of those.. What do you think? I've had some pretty big auto's from 11L soil, and they had less space to grow in to. The pot being too small is better than overdoing it, right?
    Ive got 4 autos going atm mate, using 15L airpots as theyve stopped making the 11L

The autos will fill 15L pots with roots, im not sure how much extra theyd yield from the 4L more room...

You wouldnt be able to set your res and dripper system up straight away as in the early stages of plant growth you can overwater them. Once established and showing roots out the sides/bottom youre good for a daily watering with 20/30% run off

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-11-18), joker_the_smoker (13-11-18), stonerose (13-11-18)

Thanks

I'd best order some 15L pots if the roots fill them then!

Alright, that sounds fair enough for the early stages. Cheers man!

And thanks again to joker for the guide! It seems to cover everything!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stonerose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

there looking over fed mate.....
    I thought so too but didnt get any action on my diary. The few examples I've found online are all dark as well. I contacted the breeder to see if genetics are related. I'll dial back and what to hear. Thank for the input.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-11-18), joker_the_smoker (13-11-18), WF420 (13-11-18)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast