Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Switching to coco and need advice

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Default Switching to coco and need advice

Hey all, I'm switching to coco next grow and need some help, please.

I'm using the mesh bags. Is 20 L a good size?

Rinse the coco, then start with light nutes, yes?

How much to water and how often are my big questions.

I'm apprehensive, but also very excited. I'm going straight organic for the first time for a couple of plants, but will still have a bunch of my current nutes for the other 1 or 2.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is going to be a straight coco grow. I live and breathe soil, and am going to toss some tomatoes, herbs and maybe an eggplant or something in the tent too with a soil/coco mix, and take those outside in the spring.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-11-18)

Macky Guest

Don’t know about the organic nuits in coco mate, that’s shit is good for soil, but coco dries out faster and takes watering everyday, salt based nuits is best for coco I think

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-11-18), Jeff (24-11-18), Valentina (27-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Don’t know about the organic nuits in coco mate, that’s shit is good for soil, but coco dries out faster and takes watering everyday, salt based nuits is best for coco I think
    Thanks man.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-11-18)

Thanks

Coco is inert it is best used with canna coco nutes. You can get a start guide from canna grow guides online but it's best to read the plants as they grow start with the normal feed the online thing gives you then adjust to the plants liking I use nothing but coco and canna products also saves oh down chemicals

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Percifrower For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-11-18), Jeff (24-11-18), Valentina (27-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Go for Canna Coco professional, charged and ready to go

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-11-18), Jeff (24-11-18), Subterranean Man (24-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Canna coco pro + is what you want mate, good to go out the bag 👍

Get yourself some Canna Coco A+B, Ph up, Ph down, Canna Rhizotonic, Buddhas Tree Solar Green Power and youre all good for veg

Gonna need EC and PH meters if you dont have um?

Will you be growin autos or photos mate?

Edit: Canna Calmag too incase of any deficiencies

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-11-18), Jeff (24-11-18)

MrChedHead Guest

You wont need ph up as rhizo or silicon will act as a buffer, canna coco good to go straight out of bag, canna Anb good fr veg but bit heavy in N fr flower so look at a separate coco bloom, essentials ph7 to calibrate ye pen, an some pk 13/14 fr flower u g2g ... water every couple days with young plants to encourage root growth, as they mature u will av feed daily, atleast a third of the pot size, make sure you get a nice run off to flush old salts out, pm magnecal fr few foliar drenches in veg an you be golden, enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-11-18), Jeff (25-11-18), WF420 (30-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrChedHead View Post
    You wont need ph up as rhizo or silicon will act as a buffer, canna coco good to go straight out of bag, canna Anb good fr veg but bit heavy in N fr flower so look at a separate coco bloom, essentials ph7 to calibrate ye pen, an some pk 13/14 fr flower u g2g ... water every couple days with young plants to encourage root growth, as they mature u will av feed daily, atleast a third of the pot size, make sure you get a nice run off to flush old salts out, pm magnecal fr few foliar drenches in veg an you be golden, enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what I needed, thanks. I'm going to stick with my general hydroponics and organics line, cause I have 3L of all those. But I needed help with soil prep and watering times/amounts.

Thanks mukka

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-11-18)

Thanks

That's what I am going for with organics

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-11-18)

Thanks

Coco is an organic grow. The Uk seem to resist this, while other countries are considering the certification of rockwool for use in organic grows. That would require a feed reformulation, but I've used compost feeds in coco many times. Lots of compost even has coco in it.

Coco feed in compost is not so good. We know exactly what coco is, so can get the feed profile just so. Compost is less exact... it can be very varied in fact. Feeds must be more forgiving. The chemical salts you can get away with every time in coco, may latch on to compost.

I'm not talking cations and anions, but if that's your bag, you can see the similarities between the two, and how far from rockwool both are. Even clay peddles will take soil food. Most people burn out their organic mixes and rely so completely on the bottle that it must contain everything the plant needs. Organically sourced perhaps, but it's not the grow that most people believe they're having.

20L pots are huge. Are you aiming for 12-16oz each?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to friendly_electrician For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-12-18), Jeff (04-12-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast