Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Questions for Ironman.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

Whats your growing background mate? Whats the single most important thing youve done to improve your growing skills?

Start off nice and light Irons ;-)
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

AND (27-11-18), GEORGE (27-11-18), Ironman (27-11-18), M_C (27-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by UpT0wnSkunk View Post
    Whats your growing background mate? Whats the single most important thing youve done to improve your growing skills?

Joining the talk 😃

🇬🇧 from a green and pleasant land 🇬🇧

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

AND (27-11-18), GEORGE (27-11-18), M_C (28-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Priapus View Post
    I rememebr people doing that. It got really complicated One guy was trying to have two light cycles in every 24 hour period as well..Weird stuff.
    I'm not going mad then lol😂
    Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Gas lamp routine is used just during the veg period. Dexter was a big fan and thought when flipped they turned and flowered faster. The idea is to use less light and break the dark cycle with 1.5 hours minimum. It works. Reducing flowering period from 12 to ten hours is mimicking nature coming into autumn and generally is done gradually. Supposed to bring on more thrics and also letting the temps drop slowly down a few degrees 😃

Perfect, cheers mate. 😁
    Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    I originally used the GLR on my Blueberry & Strawberry haze...Blueberry went into early flower and I didn't notice for over a week so another 2 weeks of reveg...

SH was fine with it...seems not to work with all strains...blew my head away trying to set the digi timer
    I'd be alright if all I had to do was watch and change a timer. It's the rest of this growing lark I have trouble with pmsl😂

⚒Sent from Thames Iron works⚒

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

AND (27-11-18), GEORGE (27-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UpT0wnSkunk View Post

I started growing in 2014, I grew bagseed in a box in my shed. I used weird spotlights and had no intake or extraction and pumped them full of bio bizz pmsl.

After failure I joined the talk in 2015. Adapted my box and bought some seeds.
    Still used bio bizz but I had a 300w CFL a 4" bathroom extractor and a thermometer. That was a great grow and I was well pleased with the lemon ammy I harvested.

Then I upgraded everything and built my 1.2 x 1.2 cabinet, all with the cash I'd saved by not buying street weed.

Since then I've been plodding along doing another 4 or 5 photo grows and 10 or 12 autos after that. I'm constantly testing and trying lighting and I'm never happy lol.

I've never really had a belting grow, only really belting considering my handicaps lol. My last CFL run was proper but it was a CFL grow lol. It was good but only because it was CFL.

I'm still at the very beginning of growing tbh, haven't quite found my niche yet lol

I'm good with small spaces and builds, I'm pretty good at solving growing problems as long as they are not mine PMSL.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

AND (27-11-18), British green (27-11-18), Erby (07-12-18), GEORGE (27-11-18), Trex (27-11-18), UpT0wn (27-11-18), Valentina (09-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    I started growing in 2014, I grew bagseed in a box in my shed. I used weird spotlights and had no intake or extraction and pumped them full of bio bizz pmsl.

After failure I joined the talk in 2015. Adapted my box and bought some seeds.
    Still used bio bizz but I had a 300w CFL a 4" bathroom extractor and a thermometer. That was a great grow and I was well pleased with the lemon ammy I harvested.

Then I upgraded everything and built my 1.2 x 1.2 cabinet, all with the cash I'd saved by not buying street weed.

Since then I've been plodding along doing another 4 or 5 photo grows and 10 or 12 autos after that. I'm constantly testing and trying lighting and I'm never happy lol.

I've never really had a belting grow, only really belting considering my handicaps lol. My last CFL run was proper but it was a CFL grow lol. It was good but only because it was CFL.

I'm still at the very beginning of growing tbh, haven't quite found my niche yet lol

I'm good with small spaces and builds, I'm pretty good at solving growing problems as long as they are not mine PMSL.

Ffs . Got me in a chuckle there .coffee out the nose n all "as long as they aint mine " 🤣🤣🤣🤣 . We all go there from time to time bro ... dont sweat it .

You know how many Autoflowers ive fried til i figured out my super soil was too strong for them ?? Haha .... just dont ask lol

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Erby (07-12-18), GEORGE (27-11-18), Ironman (27-11-18), Valentina (09-01-19)

Thanks

I find the simpler I keep it , the less I try the harder they grow. Sometimes ya just have to take a step back and try and leave them to it

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Erby (07-12-18), GEORGE (27-11-18), Ironman (27-11-18), Trex (27-11-18), UpT0wn (27-11-18), Valentina (09-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Ffs . Got me in a chuckle there .coffee out the nose n all "as long as they aint mine " 🤣🤣🤣🤣 . We all go there from time to time bro ... dont sweat it .

You know how many Autoflowers ive fried til i figured out my super soil was too strong for them ?? Haha .... just dont ask lol

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    You should have just asked me, I could have told you that right away. Of course it's too hot pmsl😂😂😂

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-11-18), Trex (27-11-18), UpT0wn (27-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    I find the simpler I keep it , the less I try the harder they grow. Sometimes ya just have to take a step back and try and leave them to it

I find that balance difficult tbh. I'm either all over them or forget about them lol. I'm getting much better tbh. I've found soil quite random for timings. I like a routine so hopefully coco will suit me better until I have a better understanding of the plants anyway😉

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (10-01-19), British green (27-11-18), GEORGE (27-11-18), Trex (27-11-18)

Thanks

Coco will suit you then Ironman there’s definitely a routine to it . When I did the dwc although I might look at the plants every other day I never messed with them. Me and donmitch was talking and comparing about how lazy we had our approach to growing down . I said I only mess once a week he said he only chucks water at them every other day. You have seen Donmitch’s grows and this is what sold me on switching to dirt . The flavours are certainly better in the dirt but hydro/dwc is very easy to control and get into a daily routine just like coco.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-11-18), Ginger-bud (27-11-18), Ironman (27-11-18), Jeff (28-11-18), Trex (27-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Ok everyone. Air pots vs mesh bags? Going with knock offs if air pots.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-01-19), Trex (27-11-18)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast