Thread: What is wrong with my seedling?

Thanks

Default What is wrong with my seedling?

Hi guys first grow here. I have planted 4 autoflower seeds in total in separate 8 gal pots (one of them is in a 5 gal pot). The seeds were already germinated, and they were planted just over 3 days ago. I got some decent direct sun the first two days and had to move them undercover away from the rain today but overall the light has been optimal for seedling stage.

All 4 have received the same treatment. 40% potting mix, 40% coco coir, 20% perlite. Soil Ph is balanced around 6-7. I have been spraying them lightly with water about twice a day but stopped yesterday because i thought i was overwatering and wanted to let the soil dry out more (i was started to see a few fungus gnats in a couple pots but they're not visible anymore). I was also using humidity domes but the soil under the dome was always too moist so i stopped that for now too until my sprouts start growing more.

Below shows Think Big in an 8gal pot, its looking healthy. I just put it here so you can have something to compare the others to. LSD-25 is the next one which is struggling. It is in a 5gal pot, received the same treatment etc. The cotyledon is yellow and looks shrivelled, although it doesn't feel dry.

https://imgur.com/a/jgOXbCY

Below shows my 3rd seedling (its either another Think Big or Auto critical punch ...... i got them mixed up accidentally). Its looking good so far so i'm not too concerned, but if you look closely, there are sort of like white pistils coming out where the first true set of leaves are meant to go. The still tiny and undeveloped first set of true leaves are rather brown and look shrivelled. Maybe just the true leaves forming? (however it does look very different to the 2 healthy sprouts).

https://imgur.com/a/1Cw6mdW

I know I'm only 3 days in and I'm expecting atleast 3 of the seedlings to do well (hopefully). Just not sure about the LSD-25 as that honestly looks like its about to die any time now. I'd rather it happen sooner than later so i can germinate another seed.

Let me know what you guys think! Cheers in advance.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mick333 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-11-18), Trex (28-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Just give em a bit of time . Put a dome overttop to keep humidity . It will also not dry out the soil as fast .

Im sure theyll pull through just fine .

What kind of setup .light .temps .groom etc ?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-11-18), mick333 (28-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Just give em a bit of time . Put a dome overttop to keep humidity . It will also not dry out the soil as fast .

Im sure theyll pull through just fine .

What kind of setup .light .temps .groom etc ?

Outdoor grow in Aus summer. Temps are around 18-25 degrees celsius and getting hotter and humidity 60-70% so good conditions so far.

One of the babies leaves are completely brown: https://imgur.com/a/3iRoi18

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mick333 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-11-18), Trex (28-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Just go easy on the eatering . A few drops is all she needs . She looks fine tbh

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-11-18), mick333 (28-11-18)