Thread: Time to start flushing?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,169 Times

Im none the wiser lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Beautiful buds. They're looking pretty frosty, but I would wait for the scope. If you're feeling antsy you can water with ph corrected no nute water until the scope arrives.

With my soil plants I water twice a week, 2 L each, alternating nute/no nutes. I'm in 16L of soil, so adjust accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erby View Post
    Thanks guys, that was good advice to look without the lamps on! Here's some pics:

Attachment 368493
    Attachment 368494
    Attachment 368495

Sadly I didn't keep a record of any significant dates so not entirely sure how far gone they are. Its been a long stint though, I let them veg for quite a long time. This is why Ive decided to do a diary for the next ladies
    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

Erby (02-12-18), GEORGE (02-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by friendly_electrician View Post
    I don't think you backed off the food after they peaked. Browning the hairs a little prematurely, and slowing their uptake a little. I think if you put through quite a lot of feed, at around a third of what they have been getting, you may see further development.

Do you have meters? While compost can be a little hard to interpret, at this point I would flush till it's coming out around cf10 when fed with about 7. I reckon it's off the clock right now. Even if the food is organic, you don't want it passed 14 with exhausted medium, when your trying to chop soon.

Most organic grows are not what people think they are. They start off organic, but finish off almost hydro, using food that's organically sourced, but still more like a hydro grow than soil. People want to think they're feeding organisms that in turn break down the medium into food for the plant. In fact, they're feeding with plant food. Seeing instant results, but not figuring out what's happening. An organic grow needs huge containers to keep up with demand. So big, we just don't see them. So some re-posturing is required by most people, and a more hydro approach should be taken towards the end.

No lower than about cf7 though. Your trying to force them to use up residual stuff. They can't just live off that though. If you switch to just water, they will have such a poor diet they will likely just die. The plant pot can't be trusted to hold anything now. But keep an eye on what comes out, as an idea of what they are actually sat in.

It's all a big balancing act. Use the tools available to you, and in time you will notice patterns. Such as the runoff cf rocketing up after peak flower, where you must reduce it or pump the hairs full of so much food they die. You can't flush that sort of thing away.
    I think you're being a little over technical. Not being critical, just saying.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redisiel View Post
    Some of this makes sense and some is absolute waffle mate.
    What hairs are getting pumped full of food?
    Why will they die if they get just water lol?
    And please explain more hydro than a soil grow! To start.
    Do you grow ORGANICALLY?
    Peace
    Redz
    Relax bro. Everything is beautiful. He means well, just a little too technical.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Beautiful buds. They're looking pretty frosty, but I would wait for the scope. If you're feeling antsy you can water with ph corrected no nute water until the scope arrives.

With my soil plants I water twice a week, 2 L each, alternating nute/no nutes. I'm in 16L of soil, so adjust accordingly.

Thanks mate,

Mine are in 22l pots and getting 2l with nutrients every other day. Maybe this is way too much?? The pots seem dry by the next watering time though...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-12-18), Jeff (02-12-18)

Thanks

Thanks mate,

Mine are in 22l pots and getting 2l with nutrients every other day. Maybe this is way too much?? The pots seem dry by the next watering time though...
    No, you have to go by your soil conditions. I add 30% peat to my black soil, so it really holds water. Your plants look very healthy bro. Looking at the sugar leaves, I think they are going to get a LOT frostier

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks Jeff, Im still super new to the art so paranoid Im making a big school boy error somewhere. I keep reading and keep learning... I hoping my next grow should be the one where all the big errors have been ironed out and more of a fine tuning experience lol

So do people reduce their nutrient levels once the buds have got to their rough full size.. do you know?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-12-18)

Thanks

Thanks Jeff, Im still super new to the art so paranoid Im making a big school boy error somewhere. I keep reading and keep learning... I hoping my next grow should be the one where all the big errors have been ironed out and more of a fine tuning experience lol

So do people reduce their nutrient levels once the buds have got to their rough full size.. do you know?
    I go by the nute chart for my nute company. BB does a talking nutes with BB thread. I'd post a question there.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

Erby (05-12-18), GEORGE (02-12-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2