Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Require Help/Advice With Grow Room Problems + Video

Thanks

Default Require Help/Advice With Grow Room Problems + Video

Hey guys, so I finally got home and here's link to the YouTube video of a quick tour and explanation of my in-progress grow room. In the video you will see the set-up as it currently stands and hear the problems I am having with it - mainly, temperatures being too high and humidity being too low.

I made a video because it was much easier than trying to take pictures of everything and type out an explanation.

Simply put though, the idea is (if you've watched the video), the exhaust fan creates a vacuum in the grow space, pulling air from the lung room through the thin vent at the bottom of the drywall with the air from the lung room coming from inside my house, through the intake fan - only the exhaust fan is active at the moment (and I've also covered more than half the exhaust on the other side) as they are very powerful with the air being passively pulled from inside the house.

No matter what I do, I just cannot increase humidity further than +-50% consistently or get the temperature lower than 25 celcius.

Please take a look at the video and let me know if you see anything obviously wrong or flawed, as at this point I'm close to losing my mind... No matter how silly your suggestion may be, please don't be afraid to post it.

Thank you all kindly in advance for your help.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to begone_thought For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-12-18), GEORGE (04-12-18), Sadface (03-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Hey dude, wish I could help but it all looks ok to me. What are the temps and humidity of where the air is taken in from? Have you tried adding ice to your humidifier?

If not I'd try that and lower the extraction a bit (If it creates noticeably cooler air).

I'm following along mate, it's a tricky thing to get environments dialled in. You're prob already doing it, but timing lights off during the hottest time of the day is always advisable to help keep heat down a bit.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-12-18), GEORGE (04-12-18)

Macky Guest

50% is fine for humidity really mate, what’s your max temps? Consider getting an eco technics controller, that will balance the environment for you. Also, do you have active intake? That will help with temps.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-12-18), GEORGE (04-12-18), Priapus (04-12-18)

Macky Guest

The plants are in a propagator, humidity will be high for them in there so that’s fine. Temps at 29 isn’t too much of an issue, and as your plants are young, they will get used to the heat being slightly over optional ( 26) some strains handle heat better too.

When you pot the plants up into new pots, use fabric pots. When you water the plants, the moisture will evaporate into the air easier, and keep the humidity higher.

I think you will be ok mate.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Max temp hits 32 celcius. I'm not worried about the plants in the propagator, I'm just trying to get the room ready for when they leave the propagator and get potted. If you take a look here: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070875624
    This is what happens when I try grow in the room's current state. Could I be wrong in saying that that case of growth stunting is because of the temp/humidity issue? What else could possibly be having such extreme effects?
    Also, a question about the eco technics controller; how will it balance the environment if its connected to the wrong equipment (assuming this is my problem)? For example if the fans and aircon are too weak, how will attaching an environment controller help? The reason I ask is it's quite a simple, small set-up and if balancing the equipment correctly was the issue, surely I would have seem SOME kind of changes as I've moved things here and there and turned fans on and off etc. I suppose I should be thankful for being able to get the humidity as high as I have coming from +-15% max.
    I'm going to reset my timer to make sure the lights are off during mid day, and see if that will help get below 32 max celcius.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to begone_thought For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-12-18), GEORGE (04-12-18), Silkadin (03-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

At a guess the dehumidifer is warming up the room dropping the RH

Have you tried taking it out completely...also what are your normal air temps ?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-12-18), GEORGE (04-12-18), Priapus (04-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    At a guess the dehumidifer is warming up the room dropping the RH

Have you tried taking it out completely...also what are your normal air temps ?
    I've got an evaporative cooler (the Symphony Silver i you saw in the video if you watched it) in there to fill the function of an aircon+humidifier, not a DE-humidifier ^.^. In terms of normal air temps, the room sits at about 35 Celcius when everything is off, probably more now that the drywall division is in, but I haven't tried since the drywall has been in.

An idea came to me, I'm going to try modify the room in such a way that ANY and ALL air that comes into the grow space is directed to and through the cooler. In my mind more airflow=more evaporation=more humidity+coolness. I'd basically be just boosting and adding to the airflow thats already being pumped through by the built in motor. Thoughts?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to begone_thought For This Useful Post:

AND (03-12-18), CityDweller (04-12-18), GEORGE (04-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Ah ok, my bad...did watch the video but sound on low so didn't hear description...temps like that, you're not in wet humid UK then

Have you tried air coming in from outside, and not inside. You loose humidity through wall coverings/fabrics/ambient heat. Also capacity of that unit to cool/humidify the air will quickly be reached making it work harder therefore heat up

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

I assumed that's why the humidifier was right in front of your passive inlet area. I read up on the make and it sucks air through the rear and over the icy water... If you can be bothered with constantly adding ice lol

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    I assumed that's why the humidifier was right in front of your passive inlet area. I read up on the make and it sucks air through the rear and over the icy water... If you can be bothered with constantly adding ice lol
    So here's an update: no change after alterations yesterday. Here you can see the temp+humidity at 6:40am (I'm in South Africa if anyone's interested). I've also jimmied a quick change - I've basically attached the inlet directly onto the back of the cooler like I said I would in one of my previous posts. I've also changed my light time so that it's off from 10am - 4pm and hopefully by skipping the mid-day heat I can bring that max down below 30c.
    More updates coming later on when I get back from work.

Thank you so much so far to everyone who's taken an interest in helping. Been feeling a bit lonely in my quest these past few weeks and it's nice to know there's some support ^.^

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to begone_thought For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast