Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: CBD Oil for dogs

small plantation outside kingston jamaica
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    It's been about 5 months and I've had her on about 5mg of cbd oil twice a day, a capsule of turmeric with her mornig g meal, plus a peas worth of canna butter daily... if that. She's somewhat aggressive with some men... She's a rescue so always has been, but I'm sure it's gotten worse which could be a bad sign. But she's still doing her business like any other dog, instead of the phantom wees and painful straining that she had prior to using the cbd.
    If she's still doing well in the summer I may get another scan to see if it's had any physical success.
    I have a stress killer CBD which is close to being done. It's high in cbd with 10% thc so I may try to make some oil or edibles with half of that. Just need to work out of that's a good ratio. I've read the cbd helps to counteract the high which I'm banking on.
    Love this,... You my friend are the sort of human I'd like to call a friend .....Hopes and prays go out to your dog and family matey.

New PC Build coming soon

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (21-05-19), GEORGE (21-05-19), Krofam (16-07-21), scoot (18-07-21), Silkadin (21-05-19), Valentina (24-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Considering this for the next medicinal plant. High in cbd and thc. If the thc proves to be too much I can reduce the dose and supplement it with normal CBD oil. It's mainly indica which should mean more physical relief rather than mental, as advised by the rick Simpson info I read.

Stress killer CBD is cut and now drying so I'll be rereading all these posts and watching a few dozen videos before I settle on the method I go for. Currently dogs liking a pitch of canna butter when I give it to her so I could keep it simple and do butter and edibles... tho I recall someone above mentioning the benefit of not decarbing and pretty sure my method for 7hr butter would involve that. Decarb? That doesn't sound right... u know what I mean lol. Batteries on 1 percent so no time to correct myself.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-06-19), Krofam (16-07-21), scoot (18-07-21)

Thanks

Considering this for the next medicinal plant. High in cbd and thc. If the thc proves to be too much I can reduce the dose and supplement it with normal CBD oil. It's mainly indica which should mean more physical relief rather than mental, as advised by the rick Simpson info I read.

Stress killer CBD is cut and now drying so I'll be rereading all these posts and watching a few dozen videos before I settle on the method I go for. Currently dogs liking a pitch of canna butter when I give it to her so I could keep it simple and do butter and edibles... tho I recall someone above mentioning the benefit of not decarbing and pretty sure my method for 7hr butter would involve that. Decarb? That doesn't sound right... u know what I mean lol. Batteries on 1 percent so no time to correct myself.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Changed my mind again... gonna do 2 plants... 1 candy dawg kush for her butter and one pure CBD for everyone .
    Been reading up on rick Simpson oil and was surprised to learn its decarbed. From other sources, I've read the thca and cbda in non decarbed weed is better for fighting cancer so a bit confused. I know it doesn't activate all of it when decarbing so I'm thinking I'll activate it.

All sources agree to stay clear of sativa strains so the stress killer cbd won't be used for her meds. I still have plenty of northern lights butter which is heavy indica so that will last her. Pretty sure I have enough NL popcorn and trim for another block of budder also.
    I'll buy some more cbd oil till I have a plant grown. Hopefully get a few cbd seeds ordered in a moment. Already have the candy dawg as won it in one of the many xmas comps on this site Mon the talk.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Yeah, a high CBD would make sense... you can always mix her if you're not happy....

With Sativa strains, I often wonder how many of them are actually being flowered for long enough, these can often be 12/13+ week flowering period
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-06-19), Krofam (16-07-21), Mart the Elder (05-07-22), scoot (18-07-21), Silkadin (19-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    Changed my mind again... gonna do 2 plants... 1 candy dawg kush for her butter and one pure CBD for everyone .
    Been reading up on rick Simpson oil and was surprised to learn its decarbed. From other sources, I've read the thca and cbda in non decarbed weed is better for fighting cancer so a bit confused. I know it doesn't activate all of it when decarbing so I'm thinking I'll activate it.

All sources agree to stay clear of sativa strains so the stress killer cbd won't be used for her meds. I still have plenty of northern lights butter which is heavy indica so that will last her. Pretty sure I have enough NL popcorn and trim for another block of budder also.
    I'll buy some more cbd oil till I have a plant grown. Hopefully get a few cbd seeds ordered in a moment. Already have the candy dawg as won it in one of the many xmas comps on this site Mon the talk.
    I’ve been looking on making some THCA diamonds,it’s not that difficult mate,have a look on YouTube.
    It's nice to be nice.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-06-19), Krofam (16-07-21), scoot (18-07-21), Silkadin (19-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-06-19), Krofam (16-07-21), M_C (05-06-19), scoot (18-07-21), Silkadin (19-10-19)

Thanks

Sorry buddy but It has been researched that cannabinoids interact with the endocannabinoid receptors located in our pet’s nervous system. This, in turn, helps maintain their overall health. There are three main types of CBD, full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and isolate. When buying CBD for dogs, it's best to avoid anything labeled full-spectrum because it may contain THC, which is toxic to dogs. Otherwise, both broad-spectrum CBD and CBD isolate are appropriate choices for your pet.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taylordonovan For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-07-21), Krofam (16-07-21), scoot (18-07-21), Silkadin (16-07-21)

Thanks

Don't be sorry dude, always best to research and exercise caution. As long as the dog doesn't get into the butter in the freezer I don't think I need to worry as she gets a does of less than a pea size and the cbd oil helps to counteract the stoned affect if there is any.

As for toxicity, I've read the following:

The minimum lethal oral dose for dogs for THC is more than 3 g/kg. Although the drug has a high margin of safety, deaths have been seen after ingestion of food products containing the more concentrated medical-grade THC butter.

So her dosage is way lower than what that warns so I think it's ok. And considering she was diagnosed over 2 and a half years ago and they predicted 4 to 6 months for her, I'm definitely not gonna stop the regime she's on as fingers crossed, something seems to be helping and I'm inclined to credit the cbd and thc she gets

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (16-07-21), GEORGE (16-07-21), Krofam (16-07-21), Mart the Elder (05-07-22), scoot (18-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,404 Times

I tried CBD oil on my 10 1/2 year old border collie when she had lymphatic cancer,unfortunately once lymphatic cancer starts it spreads fast and I was too late,we had to put her down about 2 weeks later when she wouldn't even go to her food bowl,it was heart breaking she was one of my girls all my kids grew up with that dog.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (18-07-21), GEORGE (18-07-21), Krofam (19-07-21), Silkadin (19-07-21)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast