Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aqua/water farm or Wilma System?

Thanks

Default Aqua/water farm or Wilma System?

Has anyone used both the Aqua/water farm and Wilma System? If so which of the two was your preferred system and why?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyrionblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-12-18), Trex (10-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrionblue View Post
    Has anyone used both the Aqua/water farm and Wilma System? If so which of the two was your preferred system and why?
    If i were you . Instead of those i would do DWC or coco.
    Wilmas are expensive . And you can build your own dwc system for peanuts .

Same theory . Just different style . Dwc is faassssstt

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-12-18), Jeff (10-12-18), Tyrionblue (10-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    If i were you . Instead of those i would do DWC or coco.
    Wilmas are expensive . And you can build your own dwc system for peanuts .

Same theory . Just different style . Dwc is faassssstt

Hey Trex,

What system do you use and did you have any info on the type of DWC system that you?re thinking of so I could have a read? I guess it takes more than just adding air stones to these systems to turn into DWC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyrionblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Hey Trex,

What system do you use and did you have any info on the type of DWC system that you?re thinking of so I could have a read? I guess it takes more than just adding air stones to these systems to turn into DWC?

Ok there's 2 types of dwc. The simplest one is what I have. Single bucket dwc. 5 gallon buckets, powerful air pump and 4" air stones. Most people use rdwc, which means recirculating dwc. I built my own. Got leaks. Hated it a bit anyway. Trashed it and switched to dwc. For this u can build. Very time consuming. Or u can buy. Sort of expensive. Check out YouTube videos for rdwc, u can see lots of good examples. Rdwc is the superior system. Trex would find it easy to build, because he does plumbing and HVAC both. He's a hands on sort of guy.

In any case, there's a good hydroponics section here and hundreds of YouTube videos. The pros are great growth and yields, though u can get that with other systems. The cons are expenses and complexity. U don't just have the set up expenses, but u run through a bunch of specialized nutes. Also u can't run organics easily in dwc.

Coco is also hydroponic. Cheapest setup and far fewer nutes per plant per week. Well at least the way I am doing coco.

I also run a soil grow. I love soil, because of the familiarity. It's super easy and low maintenance. If you run organics with soil, it's all about setting up the organics in the soil. That's what Trex is about. He's the shit when it comes to making super soil.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18), Tyrionblue (11-12-18), Valentina (12-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Hey Trex,

Ive used both dwc systems . Built my own rdwc (recirculating ) . Both qre outstanding . Rdwc give you that extra reservoir .

Standalone buckets are fije . Just a tad harder to control water temps . But if you wish to do more then one strain .standalone buckets are the way to go because diff strains will require diff feeds and can burn or produce deficiencies .

Dwc is unforgivings . Air pump goes out and bang .... no more plants .

If its your first go at hydro . I would try coco . Its more controllable less gear required etc .. just need coco . Nutes and ph and e.c pen

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

British green (11-12-18), GEORGE (11-12-18), Jeff (11-12-18), Tyrionblue (11-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Wilma is good for a new grower , I’d have hated trying to get my head round dwc when I first started. And 4 pot system is under 100quid perfect for getting started. Depends how brave your feeling mate dwc does produce the good as trex says but not as forgiving.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

British green (11-12-18), GEORGE (11-12-18), Jeff (11-12-18), Tyrionblue (11-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Ive used both dwc systems . Built my own rdwc (recirculating ) . Both qre outstanding . Rdwc give you that extra reservoir .

Standalone buckets are fije . Just a tad harder to control water temps . But if you wish to do more then one strain .standalone buckets are the way to go because diff strains will require diff feeds and can burn or produce deficiencies .

Dwc is unforgivings . Air pump goes out and bang .... no more plants .

If its your first go at hydro . I would try coco . Its more controllable less gear required etc .. just need coco . Nutes and ph and e.c pen

You do super soil now though, right? How does that compare for weight and flavor to dwc?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18), Tyrionblue (11-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger-bud View Post
    Wilma is good for a new grower , I?d have hated trying to get my head round dwc when I first started. And 4 pot system is under 100quid perfect for getting started. Depends how brave your feeling mate dwc does produce the good as trex says but not as forgiving.
    Did you find the 18L pots in your Wilma the right size for a 1.2x1.2x2 space? I?ve seen they also do 25L pots which I wondered if would be better but then I see someone with the 18L pots saying they?ve now downgraded to the 11L pots.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyrionblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18), Ginger-bud (11-12-18)

Thanks

Hello

I use a Wilma 4 x 11 litre and had great results the only draw back I found was the res changing but I found a way to make it easy. You can leave them too if you need to go away I managed to leave mine for a week before when away on holiday and it took care of it’s self.

I use clays pebbles as a medium and you’ll definitely need a pen fro ec and ph this is not optional with a Wilma. They do take up a bit of head height to so think about that to. The system fits snug in a 60x60x140 tent.

I use a dwc home build to veg then transfer into the Wilma and that thing grows a decent plant from clone in 3 weeks. So they are really cool but like said the pump timer died and the plant went just as quick this also happened in the Wilma and they carried on as the roots were in the base res by then so no issues.

Happy choosing and growing

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18), Ginger-bud (11-12-18), Tyrionblue (11-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Did you find the 18L pots in your Wilma the right size for a 1.2x1.2x2 space? I?ve seen they also do 25L pots which I wondered if would be better but then I see someone with the 18L pots saying they?ve now downgraded to the 11L
    I found that 18l worked well in 1.2 tent. Bigger pots for bigger plants but my 1.2 tent was rammed with 4 plants in there.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-12-18), Tyrionblue (11-12-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast