Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Raised bed and soil build!!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

I have great white shark.amd eco thrive charge, would a little of either of those help at all.

Lol sorry for all the Q's mate lol but youve got me to bite lol

Lol just making a shopping list and pricing stuff up now

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-12-18), Jeff (19-12-18), redisiel (19-12-18)

Thanks

Can I use white mustard as a cover crop and then just turn it into the soil instead of chopping it all ?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-12-18), Jeff (19-12-18), redisiel (19-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Can I use dolomite lime instead of gypsum ??
    Also can I.use perilte that I have already instead of growstones ?

Many thanks for this Redz
    Cheers Redz,

I have a couple more questions mate lol

Can I use verve as the compost?
    What peat alternative do you recommend (Im UK)
    If I start sourcing the stuff and start early Jan would the soil be ready for end of Feb?
    Can I cook the soil with out a grow room, like just in natural daylight ?
    If I start this and do a thread will you be up for maybe keeping an eye on what Im doing ?

I dont have head room in my tiny box for a big box like the SIP. My pot is only 5 inches high but long and wide so still 10/11litres. If nothing else it will be cool to do and see how it compares with a standard soil grow.
    As soon as I get a proper min to reply I will bro sorry
    ASAP
    Peacr
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Gaz (19-12-18), GEORGE (19-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redisiel View Post
    As soon as I get a proper min to reply I will bro sorry
    ASAP
    Peacr
    No rush Redz man, everyone here has busy lives and I fully respect that. Please dont appologise, it is I that should be sorry for spamming you with so many.questions

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times

IS it not awkward to each the plants in the back without being able to move pots? Or does your tent open on both sides? What are the main reasons/benefits of doing it this way? Im totally ignorant on the subject

Also in polytunnel grows, people tend to rotate tomatoes every year due to disease/pest buildup in the soil. And i think the soil starts to retain NPK and build it up, causing the beneficial soil fungi to die. Planning a tomato polytunnel for this year, and that seemed to be the way things were with that.
    Last edited by Priapus; 19-12-18 at 01:02 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

Gaz (19-12-18), GEORGE (20-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,174 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Priapus View Post
    Also in polytunnel grows, people tend to rotate tomatoes every year due to disease/pest buildup in the soil. And i think the soil starts to retain NPK and build it up, causing the beneficial soil fungi to die. Planning a tomato polytunnel for this year, and that seemed to be the way things were with that.
    Many people grow tomatoes in poly tunnels year after year, to avoid disease buildup you can graft your desired cultivar onto a disease resistant rootstock.
    Or they aren?t growing them in soil but some sort of soil-less media in containers that they just replace every season.

Also keep in mind that Redisiel?s soil management can?t be compared to the abuse most people apply in their polytunnels. As log as his microbial live is on point they will prevent diseases from being able to establish themselves.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

Gaz (19-12-18), GEORGE (20-12-18), Priapus (19-12-18), WF420 (19-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Cheers Redz,

I have a couple more questions mate lol

Can I use verve as the compost?
    What peat alternative do you recommend (Im UK)
    If I start sourcing the stuff and start early Jan would the soil be ready for end of Feb?
    Can I cook the soil with out a grow room, like just in natural daylight ?
    If I start this and do a thread will you be up for maybe keeping an eye on what Im doing ?

I dont have head room in my tiny box for a big box like the SIP. My pot is only 5 inches high but long and wide so still 10/11litres. If nothing else it will be cool to do and see how it compares with a standard soil grow.
    Sorry mate it’s so busy here in the Xmas run up
    I do not see why not for the verve but I would get the one from the same place I get the peat alternative as it’s got added bio char and mycorrhizae

You can cook the soil in the dark mate anywhere the warmer the quicker though and the daylight will be excellent for the cover crop but be careful of pest.

Also can I.use perilte that I have already instead of growstones ?
    Perlite will be fine mine has perlite but I would suggest the rice hulls for added silica and organic matter when they break down.

Many thanks for this Redz
    Can I use dolomite lime instead of gypsum ??
    No chance it’s the wrong cal to mag ratio

I have great white shark.amd eco thrive charge, would a little of either of those help at all.

Lol sorry for all the Q's mate lol but youve got me to bite lol

Lol just making a shopping list and pricing stuff up now
    Throw the eco in but save the great white for direct roots I would use a company call TNC the product is mycorr max itsfor mixing in the soil at the start it contains a really good diversity of microbes mate

Can I use white mustard as a cover crop and then just turn it into the soil instead of chopping it all ?
    Of course you can but don’t turn to deep we don’t want to disrupt the top layer this is where the action happens, I would keep the top layer as moist as possible at all times

Mate it’s a pleasure helping and I’ll gladly help you in your diary, I’ll get back to you as soon as I can mate
    Anytime
    Redz

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Gaz (19-12-18), GEORGE (20-12-18), lipnobody (19-12-18), WF420 (19-12-18)

Thanks

Yeah Ive got Rice hulls on my list, Ive no clue how this all works but it looks like fun. I am struggling to find which malted barley I need, Basalt is a big problem sourcing lol and Im unsure where to find the wild neem. Really unsure on peat ?? And Ive got worm castings on the list, can I use half worm castings half compost and then peat and aeration ?

No rush mate, maybe chat later when you get time to chill out mate. Thanks Redz

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-12-18), lipnobody (19-12-18), redisiel (19-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

Use the cheapest malted barley you can get. It's cheap at a brew shop. Look for 2row or pilsen or whatever is on sale. Base malts are cheap (they'll know what you're talking about at the brew shop)

I'm personally not concerned with the heavy metals in azomite as its locked in and my understanding it will not leech into your plants. I use glacial rock dust but any rock dust should work fine. It's my first go now with this and cannabis but it works wonders for my veggies.

Yes you can mix the castings and compost. The great thing is all of these mixes will work theres more than one way to skin a cat.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

Gaz (19-12-18), GEORGE (20-12-18), lipnobody (19-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Yeah Ive got Rice hulls on my list, Ive no clue how this all works but it looks like fun. I am struggling to find which malted barley I need, Basalt is a big problem sourcing lol and Im unsure where to find the wild neem. Really unsure on peat ?? And Ive got worm castings on the list, can I use half worm castings half compost and then peat and aeration ?

No rush mate, maybe chat later when you get time to chill out mate. Thanks Redz
    this is the place ya want gaz . You'll find most of what ya need.

Merry Christmas

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Gaz (19-12-18), GEORGE (20-12-18), lipnobody (19-12-18), Mr_Motion (19-12-18), Priapus (20-12-18), redisiel (19-12-18)

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast