Thread: Nutrients selection.

Thanks

Default Nutrients selection.

How's it going guys?

Beginner grower and first time poster, long time lurker here.

I'm currently setting up for my third grow and I've decided to switch over to the AN line of nutrients. I've basically come to you guys for help as while I've done my research and countless hours of reading opinions, reviews on each product and the rest of it I'm just unsure of what to actually purchase without falling into that well known marketing trap. The amount of nutrients AN seems to like to throw at you is ridiclious when the vast majority of it seems to do the same and kind of overwhelming to say the least..

I'll be growing OG Kush, indoors with soil and currently have the following on the list - :

Ph Perfect Pack ( Grow, Micro, Bloom )
    Big Bud
    Overdrive
    Bud Candy ( Very unsure about this one? )
    Sensi Cal-Mag
    SensiZym
    Rhino Skin
    Voodoo Juice
    B-52
    Nirvana
    Flawless Finish ( Again very unsure about this one )

---

That is my current list of nutrients so far.

There is a few others that I'm unfamiliar with such as Tarantula, Piranha, Carboload & Bud Ignitor. <-- Do any of them stand out / worth having? I'm under the impression Carboload is just another version of Bud Candy which seems odd or do people use both for a reason unknown to me?

I'm not deadset on these nutrients so I will take all advice and suggestions that come my way. Anything I should be adding or better yet removing due to being a total waste of time, etc?

Thanks!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrAnxious For This Useful Post:

Gaz (19-12-18), MonsterEnergy (20-12-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnxious View Post
    How's it going guys?

Beginner grower and first time poster, long time lurker here.

I'm currently setting up for my third grow and I've decided to switch over to the AN line of nutrients. I've basically come to you guys for help as while I've done my research and countless hours of reading opinions, reviews on each product and the rest of it I'm just unsure of what to actually purchase without falling into that well known marketing trap. The amount of nutrients AN seems to like to throw at you is ridiclious when the vast majority of it seems to do the same and kind of overwhelming to say the least..

I'll be growing OG Kush, indoors with soil and currently have the following on the list - :

Ph Perfect Pack ( Grow, Micro, Bloom )
    Big Bud
    Overdrive
    Bud Candy ( Very unsure about this one? )
    Sensi Cal-Mag
    SensiZym
    Rhino Skin
    Voodoo Juice
    B-52
    Nirvana
    Flawless Finish ( Again very unsure about this one )

---

That is my current list of nutrients so far.

There is a few others that I'm unfamiliar with such as Tarantula, Piranha, Carboload & Bud Ignitor. <-- Do any of them stand out / worth having? I'm under the impression Carboload is just another version of Bud Candy which seems odd or do people use both for a reason unknown to me?

I'm not deadset on these nutrients so I will take all advice and suggestions that come my way. Anything I should be adding or better yet removing due to being a total waste of time, etc?

Thanks!
    With advanced, you want the sensi grow and bloom a & b.

Then big bud, and over drive.

Along with that, get Buddha tree solar green silicone, I think that's what it's called.

With some beneficial bacteria like eco thrive microbe tea, you're on to a winner.

That's all the food you will need. A jar of black strap molasses is always a good addition

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Gaz (19-12-18), MonsterEnergy (20-12-18), MrAnxious (19-12-18), Valentina (19-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post

Along with that, get Buddha tree solar green silicone, I think that's what it's called.

With some beneficial bacteria like eco thrive microbe tea, you're on to a winner.

That's all the food you will need. A jar of black strap molasses is always a good addition
    I take it the things you've suggested are more of an organic approach to growing? I will have a proper look at your suggestions later today.

Not sure how you would apply molasses and silicone to a grow but I guess that's the fun in learning.

Thanks Macky.

EDIT: Is there a reason for choosing the sensi grow/bloom a & b over the 3-part I had chosen or ?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrAnxious For This Useful Post:

Gaz (19-12-18), MonsterEnergy (20-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post

Right chaps please explain how the pH perfect range works in soil??? Isnt all this coco nutes guys ??? I am super confused here...pH perfect adjust the pH to 5.5 which will just lock soil out ?????

Macky lad, what's the crack mate ? Lol drop some knowledge bombs on me mate
    Last edited by Gaz; 19-12-18 at 11:07 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (20-12-18), Valentina (19-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnxious View Post
    I take it the things you've suggested are more of an organic approach to growing? I will have a proper look at your suggestions later today.

Not sure how you would apply molasses and silicone to a grow but I guess that's the fun in learning.

Thanks Macky.

EDIT: Is there a reason for choosing the sensi grow/bloom a & b over the 3-part I had chosen or ?
    Not silicone, silicates. I use silica blast. It's supposed to help branch thickening I think.

Man that's a lot of nutes on your list.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

Gaz (20-12-18), MonsterEnergy (20-12-18), MrAnxious (20-12-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

think phP do a soil range and a hydro range can't say never used em
    the Soil range includes veg/bloom/micro vs +a/b auto ph

Soil ph chart

as you see Phosphorus is tied up by low soil pH :/

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

creeperpark (26-12-18), MrAnxious (20-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Not silicone, silicates. I use silica blast. It's supposed to help branch thickening I think.

Man that's a lot of nutes on your list.
    Yeah I was thinking that's a lot of nutes too. Would ideally like to cut some of them out if I go down this route as it seems a little OTT.