Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mycorrhizal Fungi query

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Default Mycorrhizal Fungi query

Mycorrhizal Fungi (MF)

Ok so when we use the MF for our roots or seeds if the media is providing an abudance of nitrogen and phosphorus then the plant wont send the signal to create the relationship with the MF.

So based on that would it be better to plant the seed in an inert starter pot so that the plant sends the signal and forms the relationship with the MF before it goes into the living soil ? Or is the coots mix balanced well enough for the signal to be sent ?

The reason I ask really is the decaying clover mulch is gonna be giving the soil nitrogen? Could I just keep the mulch away from the seed site?

I will be inoculating my seeds now moving forward.

Many thanks
    Last edited by Gaz; 21-12-18 at 11:56 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-12-18), Trex (21-12-18), Valentina (10-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Just dont overthink all of this . Keep it simple bud .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

British green (21-12-18), Gaz (21-12-18), GEORGE (24-12-18), M_C (21-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Just dont overthink all of this . Keep it simple bud .

Im enjoying the learning mate and the biochem has me hooked. It wont take me long to get to grips with this as its so bloody similar to providing nutrition to humans to help performance and health.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-12-18), Trex (21-12-18), Valentina (10-01-19)

Thanks

I dont like stuff growin near my plants indoors . Indoors is totaly different then outdoors .

Indoors you want that soil to get dry fast enough to avoid pest and bacterial problems .

Letting a cover crop grow in yoir soil between cycles is what you want .then working that in to let decompose .

The less light and air circulation you have on that soil indoors and greenhouses the more probs you can encounter . Im not saying to blaze a full hps on your soil .but it does need to breath .

I do full organic in every sense of the word but not no till indoors

Ive seen alot of peeps do cover crops while canna growz and seen more pest and root problems then i can pitch a stick at .

Last edited by Trex; 21-12-18 at 02:42 PM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

British green (21-12-18), Gaz (21-12-18), GEORGE (24-12-18), UpT0wn (21-12-18), Valentina (10-01-19)

Thanks

I dont like stuff growin near my plants indoors . Indoors is totaly different then outdoors .

Indoors you want that soil to get dry fast enough to avoid pest and bacterial problems .

Letting a cover crop grow in yoir soil between cycles is what you want .then working that in to let decompose .

The less light you have on that soil indoors and greenhouses the more probs you can encounter . Im not saying to blaze a full hps on your soil .but it does need to breath .

I do full organic in every sense of the word but not no till indoors

Ive seen alot of peeps do cover crops while canna growz and seen more pest and root problems then i can pitch a stick at .

Im confused Trex, your saying you dont want Mych Fungi in your indoor soil ?

Yeah I will chop the cover crop and then plant the bean, Im not gonna have a living mulch

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-12-18), Trex (21-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Im confused Trex, your saying you dont want Mych Fungi in your indoor soil ?
    Yes yes sorry. Im getting off track lol . Absolutly you want that . Michorrizhae is essential . Creates a symbiotic bond with the soil and roots .
    But that soil needs aeration to perform .

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

British green (21-12-18), Gaz (21-12-18), GEORGE (24-12-18), Valentina (10-01-19)

Thanks

Yes yes sorry. Im getting off track lol . Absolutly you want that . Michorrizhae is essential . Creates a symbiotic bond with the soil and roots .
    But that soil needs aeration to perform .

Hahahaha phew !!!! Didnt know what was happening for a minute then hahah

Thanks for the heads up on living mulch though trex

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-12-18)

Thanks

I used this in all my grows. 70/25/5 coco/perlite/vermiculite. It always gave me lovely snow white roots.

I did start to use H&G Roots Exelurator in end as it's expensive. But better than rhizo & michondria combined I found. You could see the huge mesh of fine white hairs.

That was it, I only used canna a&b, pk 13/14 week 6 of flower. & Bud Blaster week 3 to 5/6. Or H&G Bud Blaster or something. H&G & Canna I trusted their products. I never trusted AN. As it seems like they split every Bute up so they could sell you a bottle of every one. But my mate reckons Overdrive is good & works. So I'll test em all out soon enough. Starting with a+b & rhizo though for now.

Only Bud Blaster & Canna boost ever actually increased yield. Price wise Bud Blaster wins hands down. Even used their flushing stuff last two weeks. Forget name. But back in the fame after 9yrs. Day fuking 1 today!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLightPower For This Useful Post:

Gaz (21-12-18), GEORGE (24-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLightPower View Post
    I used this in all my grows. 70/25/5 coco/perlite/vermiculite. It always gave me lovely snow white roots.

I did start to use H&G Roots Exelurator in end as it's expensive. But better than rhizo & michondria combined I found. You could see the huge mesh of fine white hairs.

That was it, I only used canna a&b, pk 13/14 week 6 of flower. & Bud Blaster week 3 to 5/6. Or H&G Bud Blaster or something. H&G & Canna I trusted their products. I never trusted AN. As it seems like they split every Bute up so they could sell you a bottle of every one. But my mate reckons Overdrive is good & works. So I'll test em all out soon enough. Starting with a+b & rhizo though for now.

Only Bud Blaster & Canna boost ever actually increased yield. Price wise Bud Blaster wins hands down. Even used their flushing stuff last two weeks. Forget name. But back in the fame after 9yrs. Day fuking 1 today!
    Thanks mate all input is appreciated always but Im talking Organics though mate lol that list above is anything but

Welcome to the Talk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-12-18), Trex (21-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLightPower View Post

Were talkin about soil microbiology ....not bud boosters ffs

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Gaz (21-12-18), GEORGE (24-12-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast