Thread: Washing Cannabis at harvest - aphid issue

Thanks

Default Washing Cannabis at harvest - aphid issue

Good morning all,

Short story to explain why I am asking this question. Due to the worst flood in over 50 years, I lost my grow-room this spring so I had to do some outside growing. I grew some Northern Light autos, a Hash Plant and, to get started on my indoor grow for the fall winter, I started some Green Crack photos, which I brought in to bloom and finish. That is where my problem started!!! I got an aphid infestation. Because I grow organic, I treated them with neem oil, then diatomaceous earth and finally, I bought a few hundred lady bugs. It took a few weeks but I seemed to get them under control so I cleaned off all of the kill and flipped the crop. As it turns out, I did not get rid of all the of the aphids. They lady bugs did keep them down but, at the end of the day, I still have aphids and it is now time to harvest. I am rebuilding my grow room so, when this crop is harvested, I will be totally cleaning it to make sure all of the little fuckers are dead and gone.

Here are my questions. Have any of you cleaned/washed your plants at harvest? I have never done this before but I feel it would be necessary in order to get rid of the aphids, aphid bodies, lady bug skins and all the shit from both. Have any of you ran into a problem like this before? How did you deal with it? What is the best process to clean the buds at harvest?

Thanks in advance!

H420

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobby420 For This Useful Post:

G' (18-01-19), GEORGE (21-12-18), MonsterEnergy (21-12-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

why not make hash? or oil? also u can water cure ya weed, have never done it but seen it lots

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

G' (18-01-19), GEORGE (21-12-18), lipnobody (21-12-18), M_C (21-12-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

cant edit so_-
    thc isn't water soluble, just don't shake it like a mad man

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

G' (18-01-19), GEORGE (21-12-18), Hobby420 (21-12-18), lipnobody (21-12-18)

Thanks

As an update, I did wash the crop. 1 bucket with soda & lemon juice, 1 with hydrogen peroxide and 1 with clean water. After 115 liters of water (30 gallons) the whole crop was cleaned. It did a fantastic job. The cure seemed to take a little longer but I can't really blame it on the wash as it was a strain that I had never grown before. I will say, it didn't effect the quality. All that said, I am going to do everything I can to make sure I won't ever have to wash my crop again.... It is a huge pain in the ass!!!!

H420

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobby420 For This Useful Post:

G' (18-01-19), GEORGE (17-01-19), prime (21-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Its a huge pain in the ass and makes it taste like shit . I just did it wit blue cheese and tastes as if im smokin old grass clipping .

If its just a bug problem . Compressed air blown over them freshly harvested byds will do the trick tbh

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

BigDub (16-03-19), G' (18-01-19), GEORGE (22-01-19)

Thanks

Great info.
    I'll be trying this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fritobandito For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-04-19)