Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can the nhs refuse treatment for cancer?

Macky Guest

Default Can the nhs refuse treatment for cancer?

My father in law has just told me, a cousins of his, is suffering from the same type of cancer he is. Apparently, the doctors have refused to treat him with chemo, because he uses cannabis as treatment.

I'm sceptical as fuck, surely they cant do that? Anyone got experience with this?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (23-12-18), gardro (23-12-18), GEORGE (23-12-18), MonsterEnergy (23-12-18), Valentina (26-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    My father in law has just told me, a cousins of his, is suffering from the same type of cancer he is. Apparently, the doctors have refused to treat him with chemo, because he uses cannabis as treatment.

I'm sceptical as fuck, surely they cant do that? Anyone got experience with this?
    Without taking sides they will say it's to ensure they are getting biggest effect and value for money from their treatments

Alcoholics don't get transplants
    Smokers don't get treatments
    Can't get IVF if youre fat

They also don't know the interactions between the cannabis and chemo toxicology so it's a rock and hard place for them

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

AND (23-12-18), GEORGE (23-12-18), MonsterEnergy (23-12-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Without taking sides they will say it's to ensure they are getting biggest effect and value for money from their treatments

Alcoholics don't get transplants
    Smokers don't get treatments
    Can't get IVF if youre fat

They also don't know the interactions between the cannabis and chemo toxicology so it's a rock and hard place for them

Current diary
    But this is life threatening shit, and there is proof that it helps relieve the symptoms of chemo, and is now a legal medicine in the UK?

Fucking government wankers. Disgusting if they stop people having chemo just for trying to treat them selves with cannabis!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

gardro (23-12-18), GEORGE (23-12-18), MonsterEnergy (23-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

But this is life threatening shit, and there is proof that it helps relieve the symptoms of chemo, and is now a legal medicine in the UK?

Fucking government wankers. Disgusting if they stop people having chemo just for trying to treat them selves with cannabis!
    I agree with you, maybe keep it on the quiet but it's probably going to show up in blood tests

Alcoholism is fatal too and yet they let loads die from liver failure.

It's a little like if you take a single private treatment for a condition, the NHS no longer treats you

Current diary

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-12-18), MonsterEnergy (23-12-18), redisiel (23-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Perhaps if the patient specifies that it's "CBD oil" and not "cannabis oil", the NHS might view it differently?

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

gardro (23-12-18), GEORGE (02-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-12-18), redisiel (23-12-18), UpT0wn (23-12-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    I agree with you, maybe keep it on the quiet but it's probably going to show up in blood tests

Alcoholism is fatal too and yet they let loads die from liver failure.

It's a little like if you take a single private treatment for a condition, the NHS no longer treats you

Current diary
    Good points man ffs. He is going to discuss it with his doctors before taking anything, see what they say about it.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

gardro (23-12-18), GEORGE (02-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-12-18), redisiel (23-12-18), Valentina (26-12-18), WhIpLaSh (23-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Good points man ffs. He is going to discuss it with his doctors before taking anything, see what they say about it.
    If your self treating with anything they won’t treat you, it’s there way or the highway mate and fuck them and there fucking policies anyway, I don’t think anyone lives after 5 years of being treated with chemo I think it just fucks up the whole body and sends it on a downward spiral some lasting longer than others.
    Thank fuck mums stilll smiling, working, loving everyday with the family and with Chemo that wouldn’t be happening.
    Next test in January but so far it’s not got worse in a few month, it feels less tender but they made it fragile poking about anyway ffs! And I still blame them for making it worse with the mammogram
    NHS = privatised piece of shit!!!!
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

AND (23-12-18), British green (23-12-18), gardro (23-12-18), GEORGE (02-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-12-18), Valentina (26-12-18), WhIpLaSh (23-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

It’s got to the point it’s no longer even worth getting pissed off about my missus was saying all this years ago along with theplant based diet and fasting, again she was looked at like a nutter Pmsl
    Redz

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

AND (23-12-18), British green (23-12-18), gardro (23-12-18), GEORGE (02-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-12-18), UpT0wn (23-12-18), Valentina (26-12-18), WhIpLaSh (23-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Chemo stole my dads last six months and gave him more cancers than he started with. No matter what they told me I?d never accept chemo as treatment. I?d prefer to carry on than being a guinea pig for them and there chemo . Let?s fight your cancer and give your more cancer and also kill your natural defences of fighting anything else off . Makes you that weak a common cold will kill you.

Merry Christmas

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

AND (23-12-18), gardro (23-12-18), GEORGE (02-01-19), ggotch (23-12-18), MonsterEnergy (23-12-18), M_C (23-12-18), Trex (23-12-18), Valentina (26-12-18), WF420 (23-12-18), WhIpLaSh (23-12-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Chemo stole my dads last six months and gave him more cancers than he started with. No matter what they told me I?d never accept chemo as treatment. I?d prefer to carry on than being a guinea pig for them and there chemo . Let?s fight your cancer and give your more cancer and also kill your natural defences of fighting anything else off . Makes you that weak a common cold will kill you.

Merry Christmas
    Fuck sake mate chemo is just fucking poison. Fuck knows what to do. He will speak to his doctor next week.

He can't have an op to remove as he has bronchitis and a heart problem. So chemo is his only option. It's start 2nd of January.

I'll keep you all informed of the progress.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (23-12-18), gardro (23-12-18), GEORGE (02-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-12-18), Valentina (26-12-18), WhIpLaSh (23-12-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast