Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BALLS! And not the kind that require black ties. Chop?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times

Default BALLS! And not the kind that require black ties. Chop?

Pictures to follow but what I pulled off look like anthers (pollen sacs) from a miniature lily plant. It had all been a total accident that I had chopped off a small branch of my Amnesia Fast when I was cutting back the dodgier leaves, so anyway, on that one and a half inch branch, there were pollen sacs on the bud, and a little dusting of fine powder came out of them when I rolled them around on my palm.

Do I chop? We have about 4 to 5 weeks to go until she is due. She has just gone to sleep so I can't pull her out for photos.

I'll wait till tonight for photos but I am shortlisting new seeds to fire up.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

G' (26-12-18), Gaz (24-12-18), GEORGE (26-12-18), MonsterEnergy (24-12-18), SmobyToker#1 (26-12-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Pictures to follow but what I pulled off look like anthers (pollen sacs) from a miniature lily plant. It had all been a total accident that I had chopped off a small branch of my Amnesia Fast when I was cutting back the dodgier leaves, so anyway, on that one and a half inch branch, there were pollen sacs on the bud, and a little dusting of fine powder came out of them when I rolled them around on my palm.

Do I chop? We have about 4 to 5 weeks to go until she is due. She has just gone to sleep so I can't pull her out for photos.

I'll wait till tonight for photos but I am shortlisting new seeds to fire up.
    Didn't you have trouble recently with another hermy?

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

G' (26-12-18), Gaz (24-12-18), GEORGE (26-12-18), lipnobody (24-12-18), MonsterEnergy (24-12-18), SmobyToker#1 (26-12-18), Valentina (24-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Didn't you have trouble recently with another hermy?
    The Thai. She only had seeds. About 11 or 13 so far, no nanas. This time it is a no-holds-barred, balls-to-the-wall, NANAS. Had the Ogre Auto hermie too, but that was way, way back. It still yielded and was a very pretty plant.

I have a pot with soil prepped with rhizo etc ready to go, and seeds all over the table trying to decide which ones to fire up.

Somewhere in the past few weeks I reckon she got stressed as she had shown in the blotchy leaves.

Think I might pull out of the Organic CBD grow, Macks. I can't afford duck ups like these. Semi-organic seems to have given me the best over all results and yield in terms of bulk. Organics has killer terpenes though.
    Last edited by Valentina; 24-12-18 at 02:53 PM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

G' (26-12-18), Gaz (24-12-18), GEORGE (26-12-18), Kurdt (24-12-18), MonsterEnergy (24-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

ahh mate that sucks, a restart prehaps val? a full scrub down of tent pots n filters etc
    wonder whta it is thats making em go hermy on ya ?
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

G' (26-12-18), Gaz (24-12-18), GEORGE (26-12-18), MonsterEnergy (24-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lipnobody View Post
    ahh mate that sucks, a restart prehaps val? a full scrub down of tent pots n filters etc
    wonder whta it is thats making em go hermy on ya ?
    Thanks, Lipno, yeah, it's a bleeping-bleeping-bleep of a situation. User problem, really. There's some weird stress that I know nothing about in terms of solving, and I thought it was the sort that would sort itself out, friendly bacteria and all that. Well, obviously she has been more upset that she's been letting on.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

G' (26-12-18), Gaz (24-12-18), GEORGE (26-12-18), lipnobody (24-12-18), MonsterEnergy (24-12-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

have you checked for any/all light leaks?
    if this is the next grow with the same problem there must be something your overlooking
    with mine is what that shitty aluminium ducting that leaks light

seeded bud isn't the end of the world, but sensimilla is what it's all about

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

G' (26-12-18), Gaz (24-12-18), GEORGE (26-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    have you checked for any/all light leaks?
    if this is the next grow with the same problem there must be something your overlooking
    with mine is what that shitty aluminium ducting that leaks light

seeded bud isn't the end of the world, but sensimilla is what it's all about
    Thanks. Yeah, no light leaks, and I am religious when it comes to not dragging them out in the dark. The seeded bud is fine, still strong enough for us. It's the full on hermieing that needs to be dealt with. Will find out tonight how bad the situation is.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

G' (26-12-18), Gaz (24-12-18), GEORGE (26-12-18), lipnobody (24-12-18), MonsterEnergy (24-12-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

that's great Val, soo glad it ain't a light leak
    so many don't bother to check

fingers crossed it's just a handful of seeds and no more

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

G' (26-12-18), Gaz (24-12-18), GEORGE (26-12-18), Valentina (24-12-18)

Macky Guest

It has to be a light leak Val. Take the plants out of the groom, and get in it yourself, with lights off. Wait a few minutes for your eyes to adjust to the darkenss, and you'll see either light leaks, or equipment letting off a light.

Possibly coming through ventilation. Really, don't just assume it's ok, get in the Grow Room, and check it like I said above, it's the only way to be sure

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, no light leaks, and I am religious when it comes to not dragging them out in the dark. The seeded bud is fine, still strong enough for us. It's the full on hermieing that needs to be dealt with. Will find out tonight how bad the situation is.
    It's not about exposing them to light during thier dark hours, by you dragging them out in the dark. There is light getting into your grow room. You might no disturb the cycle, but light is getting in some where. 2 seedy crops in a row, most likely light leak imo. Check Val lol

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

G' (26-12-18), Gaz (24-12-18), GEORGE (26-12-18), lipnobody (24-12-18), MonsterEnergy (24-12-18), Valentina (24-12-18)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast