Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fully rooted?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Default Fully rooted?

How long does it normally take for someone to fully root a pot? Or when do you consider a pot fully rooted? I have got plenty of roots but pots seem to be bit heavy for quite long. Have been using the drippers with the Wilma but wanted to go onto hand watering. Was all under a 400w but flicked it up to 600w was just me looking to be bit tight with the electric lol. Hoping that speeds things up.

Usually with the drippers feeding once a day I have to up it too twice a day. Didn't get to that stage yet but already decided to stop the drippers. Think next time I won't switch to the band watering next time until the pots get light on the drippers. Lesson learned there though for next time.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-18), MonsterEnergy (29-12-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

veg time for me is what fills the pot, the longer the veg the bigger the rootball
    when ya flip to flower is when root growth goes into over drive ehh

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-18), MRJIMMY2017 (30-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    veg time for me is what fills the pot, the longer the veg the bigger the rootball
    when ya flip to flower is when root growth goes into over drive ehh
    Yeah dunno why this post got put under this topic. Maybe it was me by accident. In terms of veg time though how longs it take roughly to fully root a pot?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-18), MonsterEnergy (30-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bazilbrush View Post
    Yeah dunno why this post got put under this topic. Maybe it was me by accident. In terms of veg time though how longs it take roughly to fully root a pot?
    How big is the pot and soil?

Smaller plants, smaller root.

It's not going to hurt to move to a bigger pot, if there's any doubt at all.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    How big is the pot and soil?

Smaller plants, smaller root.

It's not going to hurt to move to a bigger pot, if there's any doubt at all.
    Oh no I'm fine in terms of size and stuff. My issue is I have been using the Wilma system which is a drip feed. I wanted to switch to hand watering like I usually do. Plants aren't big enough to be flipped yet but I thought they would be drinking more than they are. Been 4 days and some pots are still heavy? I know not to let the coco go dry and is quite a few that will get a watering when lights go on. Still some though which are heavy.

Am thinking should I just switch back to feeding with the drippers? Sooner or later the one feed they get from that won't be enough and that is when I will switch to hand watering rather than increasing the amount of dripper feeding. In the past I would use the drippers once a day and pots would start getting light so then I would up it too twice a day. Thing is its like the once a day dripper feeding is still keeping the pots heavy. the roots look fine I just want them at the stage where they are being hand watered once a day before being flipped. To be fair they aren't big enough to be flipped yet anyway.

Thinking I should just go back to using the drippers. Once they are getting light pots from the once a day, then switch over. Just don't remember pots being this heavy at this stage in the past.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Ahhhhhh I see. Can't help you though.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Going too dripped feed including the pots that I have allowed to get light. I reckon they will be drinking the one feed quicker. Will probably have to up them to twice a day or just hand water like I intend. The other pots that are still heavy, I guess I am gonna have to wait for them too catch up. Might even just feed them every two days tbh try encourage some roots to go searching.

It's first world problems really on the scale of things. Plants are all looking nice and healthy so no real complaint. I just want to hurry them along so I can get them flipped. I will 100% put a photo up tomorrow of them after a feed so can seen the size.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

Thanks

since they are receiving water regular they aren't spreading out as they would with hand watering,
    you want 1lt of space per week of vegetation ''rough guide only''

when you water less they have no choice but spread out, assuming the medium is moist still

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    since they are receiving water regular they aren't spreading out as they would with hand watering,
    you want 1lt of space per week of vegetation ''rough guide only''

when you water less they have no choice but spread out, assuming the medium is moist still
    Yeah see few pots are still heavy, giving them a dripped feed again will be no issue at all. A couple others I could dripper feed but to be honest the coco isn't as moist as I'd like it for dripped feeding. Now I have the pain in the arse choice with half that could be hand watered and the others which are still heavy and not ready for hand watering just yet.

I can either hand water the plant just enough to moisturize the coco where its damp enough for them to be on the drippers again. Keep them all on drippers daily as they was looking good and growing daily. Or just hand water and look to feed the others which are still heavy with the drippers but once every two days rather than daily. Just to encourage the coco a bit to dry out enough so I can hand water them.

Really I fucked it up by stopping the drippers in the first place lol . I should have just waited until they was all easily drinking the one feed a day and then swapped them all over to hand feeding. Not sure what I should do now.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

Thanks

it's a good lesson to learn though bazil, better learning it now than later
    ya between a rock and a rock mate lol

id just hand water until they dry out slightly then back on the drippers as b4,

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-18)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast