Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for nutrients in soil please

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,563 Times

Default Advice for nutrients in soil please

Happy new year chaps. Next weekend il be chopping down my current autoflower and the tent is open for business for my next project.
    4 photoperiods, but this time I?m going to be growing in B&Q verve multi-purpose compost.
    I will be getting 4 clones from a friend, unsure of strain until he?s home from holidays. He has them on a stripper system so il look in to that in the future lol.
    Basically I?ve got my tent, light, intake and outtake and fans all ready to go. I?m just unsure of what nutrition I need to get? The soil should have enough nutrients to take the plants late veg/early flower? But what would I need? Cheers guys

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

G' (02-01-19), Gaz (01-01-19), GEORGE (02-01-19), JimMcG (02-01-19), millwall115 (01-01-19), MonsterEnergy (01-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

I have been using PM old Timers grow, Bloom and pk. Seems to be working ok. I did have some issues last week with them going real yellow but that was my fault. I gave them a flush the other day and they seem to be picking up abit more colour.

Please check out my diary.

Cinderella jock and 1 other
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...5&share_type=t

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

Bin man (08-01-19), G' (02-01-19), Gaz (01-01-19), GEORGE (02-01-19), Kurdt (02-01-19), MonsterEnergy (01-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

i still use Oldtimers organic grow/bloom/pk can't say i have any problems using it,
    Lots don't rate it anymore but i wouldn't swap it with the results i get from there organic range

some still use Bio-bizz nutrients but it's not designed for uk water 'if ur uk based'
    haven't tried many though mate, have had no need after finding what works for me and my girls

hope it helps

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Bin man (08-01-19), G' (02-01-19), Gaz (01-01-19), GEORGE (02-01-19), Kurdt (02-01-19), millwall115 (01-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

I have tried biobizz and it?s imo it?s shit compared to Oldtimers. As monster said it?s not made for water in the uk.

Please check out my diary.

Cinderella jock and 1 other
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...5&share_type=t

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

Bin man (08-01-19), G' (02-01-19), Gaz (01-01-19), GEORGE (02-01-19), MonsterEnergy (01-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

yea millwall bio-bizz nutrients are designed for European water only,
    that's why it's a pure nightmare to use in the uk

only mentioned it because he might be in the eu

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

G' (02-01-19), Gaz (01-01-19), GEORGE (02-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Id get Organicus mate, OT isnt.performing well right now due to being sold out. Organicus is a one part feed for veg and bloom so very easy and fully organic. Im using verve and ive gone 4 weeks with no nutrients and shes very healthy (I have given a cal mag spray and a little eco thrive charge) I will then be using the Organicus on recommendation from many of the excellent growers here.

Hope this helps

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Bin man (08-01-19), G' (02-01-19), GEORGE (02-01-19), JimMcG (02-01-19), MonsterEnergy (01-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Id get Organicus mate, OT isnt.performing well right now due to being sold out. Organicus is a one part feed for veg and bloom so very easy and fully organic. Im using verve and ive gone 4 weeks with no nutrients and shes very healthy (I have given a cal mag spray and a little eco thrive charge) I will then be using the Organicus on recommendation from many of the excellent growers here.

Hope this helps
    Cheers mate, I remember reading someone’s diary and seeing that they were using it so did have a little look. If I was to get it would you advise to get any other nutes or keep it simple and straight forward and just have that?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

G' (02-01-19), Gaz (02-01-19), GEORGE (02-01-19), MonsterEnergy (02-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LewisR19 View Post
    Cheers mate, I remember reading someone?s diary and seeing that they were using it so did have a little look. If I was to get it would you advise to get any other nutes or keep it simple and straight forward and just have that?
    Just Organicus mate, have some cal/mag on hand for foliar feeds in veg just in case, maybe some molasses for flower.
    You want to add some Mychorizal Fungi when you mix up the soil as well as dusting the seed with it.

Verve, perlite and Mychorizal Fungi (look for glomus intraradices, rhizophagus intraradices or rhizopahgus irregularis as these are all names for the Fungi you want)

If you have time you could add dolomite lime to the soil but it will need cooking for 6 to 8 weeks before you use it
    You could also look at putting eco thrive charge in your soul mix
    Last edited by Gaz; 02-01-19 at 10:39 AM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Fat boy (03-01-19), GEORGE (02-01-19), MonsterEnergy (02-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Just Organicus mate, have some cal/mag on hand for foliar feeds in veg just in case, maybe some molasses for flower.
    You want to add some Mychorizal Fungi when you mix up the soil as well as dusting the seed with it.

Verve, perlite and Mychorizal Fungi (look for glomus intraradices, rhizophagus intraradices or rhizopahgus irregularis as these are all names for the Fungi you want)

If you have time you could add dolomite lime to the soil but it will need cooking for 6 to 8 weeks before you use it
    You could also look at putting eco thrive charge in your soul mix
    Thanks for all the info mate. I’m going to be growing clones il get from a friend. Looks like il just get some Organicus/ cal-mag for now. Along with some perlite to add to the soil to make it lighter. I want to keep it simple so if I begin to see any problems Amazon next day delivery it will be lol.

Sorry for all the noob questions, but in soil do you feed until run off as you would in coco? Just want my knowledge as best as possible before I begin. Apart from the nutes, that il be ordering later I’m ready to go. Just waiting for the clones now. Won’t be long until this new journey begins

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

Gaz (02-01-19), GEORGE (04-01-19), MonsterEnergy (02-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LewisR19 View Post
    Thanks for all the info mate. I?m going to be growing clones il get from a friend. Looks like il just get some Organicus/ cal-mag for now. Along with some perlite to add to the soil to make it lighter. I want to keep it simple so if I begin to see any problems Amazon next day delivery it will be lol.

Sorry for all the noob questions, but in soil do you feed until run off as you would in coco? Just want my knowledge as best as possible before I begin. Apart from the nutes, that il be ordering later I?m ready to go. Just waiting for the clones now. Won?t be long until this new journey begins
    If your using salt.based nutes then yeah but with.organicus its organic so a run off isnt needed, infact I would argue watering soil to run off can wash beneficial stuff mate. The idea of a run off to my knowledge is to remove build up of the mineral salts and replace with fresh feed . In an organic soil grow I just cant understand why you would need to do this ?

Others may disagree and they may well be right, I dont honestly know but my study's on soil dont support a run off when using organic nutes.

Dont forget to.dust the roots with Mychorizal fungi mate !! Very important IMO

Fyi I am a noob grower with a poor growing history so far so take that in to account !

Im sure the guys will clip my ear hole if Im wrong
    Last edited by Gaz; 02-01-19 at 08:58 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-01-19), MonsterEnergy (02-01-19)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast