Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ph testing your water

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times
    Provided Answers: 9

When I see this it usually means the pen is on the way out. When mixing I keep a large bowl of PH 7 water nearby. After I check PH I turn off the pen and put it into the water until next test. The turning on and off and keeping glass wet appear to help with the reading issue you are describing. Also, always storing with solution I believe helps longevity. Cheers!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

bazilbrush (04-01-19), C-Rex (06-01-19), GEORGE (04-01-19), MonsterEnergy (04-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    When I see this it usually means the pen is on the way out. When mixing I keep a large bowl of PH 7 water nearby. After I check PH I turn off the pen and put it into the water until next test. The turning on and off and keeping glass wet appear to help with the reading issue you are describing. Also, always storing with solution I believe helps longevity. Cheers!
    Thanks mate, I'm just half glad I knew the cause. Worst thing for me when I've had a fuck up is not knowing the cause lol. Have got plenty of buffer solution to make sure everything's on point. Wish they was drinking a bit more considering their size I thought they would be but the roots are looking sweet as. These 3 that are the slow drinkers are also the worst looking. Don't think that's just a coincidence.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-01-19), GEORGE (04-01-19), MonsterEnergy (04-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times
    Provided Answers: 9

Quote Originally Posted by bazilbrush View Post
    Thanks mate, I'm just half glad I knew the cause. Worst thing for me when I've had a fuck up is not knowing the cause lol. Have got plenty of buffer solution to make sure everything's on point. Wish they was drinking a bit more considering their size I thought they would be but the roots are looking sweet as. These 3 that are the slow drinkers are also the worst looking. Don't think that's just a coincidence.
    Definitely not a coincidence. Sound like you are able to read your plants well.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-01-19), MonsterEnergy (04-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times
    Provided Answers: 87

plants look just fine Bazil, never doubted up post it mate
    in a few they'll hopefully be back on the drippers and drinking plenty

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

bazilbrush (04-01-19), GEORGE (04-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post

plants look just fine Bazil, never doubted up post it mate
    in a few they'll hopefully be back on the drippers and drinking plenty

Oh no mate I want them off the drippers lol . All but 3 now are as the last 3 pots seemed to be staying heavy. I gave in and used the drippers on them just as it had taken a while and they was still heavy. The drippers deffo give fast plant growth and plenty of roots. I kept messing up with watering and couldn't work out why lol stupid I know. So got the Wilma again as never messed up with that. Using it showed me what I was doing wrong tbh and so don't even need it anymore. Hence why I am wanting to hand water plus tbh I find the plants grow thicker hand watering. The 3 plants which seem behind I already can tell tomorrow one will need watering so down to the final 2. Those final two are plants which I accidentally topped being heavy handed lol. Maybe that little stress slowed things down for them a bit. I should probably give them another two weeks veg lol but we will see. Like I said I prefer to go on how they are drinking rather than just going off the plants size like I have in the past. Thing is I don't want to have empty jars before this crop finishes.

Cheers for the kind words though, they looked prettier before the ph burn lol. Gonna get them a little darker as well, don't look hungry but have had them bit darker and happier looking.
    Last edited by bazilbrush; 04-01-19 at 03:15 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

Thanks

that's it bazil mate, pre-load em with more nitrogen always helps things down the road
    they don't even look that burnt/damaged man

the perfectionist is shining through
    atb

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    that's it bazil mate, pre-load em with more nitrogen always helps things down the road
    they don't even look that burnt/damaged man

the perfectionist is shining through
    atb
    lol i think a big part of me wanting things to look bang on is due to the fuck up I had last time round. I thought I could just ignore things and get away with it and paid the price with a poor yield. Ideally though these will be flipped within a week from today. So yeah next watering will be until run off, bit of a jump up but gotta be done and was plenty of roots at the bottom anyway from when on the dripper so might not even take as long to drink as I imagine. Those other 2 slow drinkers want to pull their finger out lol They can get one light watering before the watering till run off.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

Thanks

the healthier they are the more your rewarded for it in the end,
    as you say we can all get a little lazy with the upkeep but there is always a price to pay usually with potency&yield

there gonna be banging come harvest Bazil that's the main thing,
    Just get em in ya sweetspot and ya golden

mon the sunshine

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

bazilbrush (04-01-19), GEORGE (04-01-19)

Thanks

Have already grown more since the watering last night. Have watered the rest today, literally all of them. Was one fucker that was still heavy one those weak looking plants. Wasn't the most heavy though so I can't lie I thought fuck it lol . If it dies,it dies. The two other weak plants was light enough for a feed anyway. Like I say another two weeks would probably be more ideal and I get its only another week but I ain't going back to buying weed again lol. Ain't gonna chance that so Friday coming they getting flipped. I had a poor yield last time hence jars being empty being a concern. Next grow after this I'm gonna shock everyone with what I produce. Anyway ill do an update post here tomorrow or something.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-01-19), MonsterEnergy (06-01-19)

Thanks

roots will fill em more when ya flip anyway mate, Didn't take long for most of em to drink more
    Brilliant stuff bazil, Mon the update

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

bazilbrush (06-01-19), GEORGE (07-01-19)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast