Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A pound shop / dollar store grow off?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,213 Times

Default A pound shop / dollar store grow off?

I was going through some old threads recently and noticed that a few years back someone started a grow with pound shop nutes. I can see people who might want to do a super budget grow just to see what could be achieved. It's not for me as I still have enough nutes to last me a very long time, but just a thought for the Talk.

The flip side to using pound shop nutrients is that as a result of them costing so little, the consistency between batches and what is actually in the bottles could be problematic, as well as how they have been stored; then again so is the water coming out of the taps.

Personally I have never seen hydro nutes at the pound shop. Tomato feed, growmore, yes; hydro feeds, no, but that could be just me.

The point of the idea is that what makes a grow successful is to do with the gardener, not just the expensive nutes. In other words, just because someone has a Ferrari doesn't make them a good driver. So if someone can grow a decent crop with pound shop mutes, hey, all the more power to you.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Erby (09-01-19), MonsterEnergy (09-01-19), Priapus (09-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,745 Times

I use the pound shop's PK 13/14 - it seems as good as anything else out there

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bin man (09-01-19), MonsterEnergy (09-01-19), Priapus (09-01-19), Valentina (09-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,213 Times

Nice score! I have yet to see ANY hydro nutes in the pound shops.

I am such a Scrooge that I buy Super Phosphate and Potash, each as powders in boxes! And that was a good number of years ago.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (09-01-19), Priapus (09-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

i am just waiting for my next seeds 'damn u macky lol'
    am gonna try growing the cheaper seedsman jack herer with the expensive sensi seeds jack herer side by side,

seedsman jack are only 3.79p each, sensi seeds are 21.04p each
    have the funniest feeling seedsman is gonna be every bit as good as sensi seeds,

marketing or just hype with expensive anything?
    always wondered that myself tbh

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Erby (09-01-19), Priapus (09-01-19), UpT0wn (09-01-19), WhIpLaSh (09-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    am gonna try growing the cheaper seedsman jack herer with the expensive sensi seeds jack herer side by side,

have the funniest feeling seedsman is gonna be every bit as good as sensi seeds,

We should be doing more of this! Very interested to see what your results are like, Monster.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Bin man (09-01-19), MonsterEnergy (09-01-19), Priapus (09-01-19), Valentina (09-01-19)

Macky Guest

Most the seed banks have higher prices because of advertisement cost and shit like that, that gets passed down to the consumer.

Before seeds man, I had never grow any " cheap" seeds. Actually got my first set of seeds man seeds from that comp they ran, 3 packets free, white widow, Cali orange, and Jack herrer.

They were just as good, if not better than any strain I've grown by the bigger seedbanks. And you might have seen me mention, that jack herrer has been my favourite weed I've ever grown! Taking over the long time top spot holder, blue cheese!

The only thing I don't like with seedsman is the packaging, they just come in paper packets, but that's is what keeps them cheap. They always come in good condition though.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (09-01-19), Valentina (09-01-19)

Macky Guest

Also, that's gonna be a proper diary! Hope you're not gonna leave us out of the show! I want tickets! Lol

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (09-01-19), UpT0wn (09-01-19), Valentina (09-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Most the seed banks have higher prices because of advertisement cost and shit like that, that gets passed down to the consumer.

Before seeds man, I had never grow any " cheap" seeds. Actually got my first set of seeds man seeds from that comp they ran, 3 packets free, white widow, Cali orange, and Jack herrer.

They were just as good, if not better than any strain I've grown by the bigger seedbanks. And you might have seen me mention, that jack herrer has been my favourite weed I've ever grown! Taking over the long time top spot holder, blue cheese!

The only thing I don't like with seedsman is the packaging, they just come in paper packets, but that's is what keeps them cheap. They always come in good condition though.
    is why i wanna try this macky, sensi are all over high times and as you say someone has godda pay for it,
    i think if people see them side-by-side it will only help people choose,

id also try cheap feeds vs expensive but one step at a time lol, after all the great advice, i just had to try it macky

--
    am gonna redeem my diary skills, have been taking more pictures of my current grow as practice tbh
    Last edited by MonsterEnergy; 09-01-19 at 03:32 PM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Valentina (09-01-19), WhIpLaSh (09-01-19)

Macky Guest

Default A pound shop / dollar store grow off?

Pics are an issue for me too man, my groom is blackout out, no natural light, and the room lights is dim and shit too, I don't have flash on my iPad. And my phone got washed months ago.... I don't even know where it is any more lmao.... need a new one, but I'm not spending 500 quid on a fucking phone!

I'm going to invest in a proper camera, Mrs said I might be able to have it in a couple of weeks, 16 mega pixels, 30-40x optical zoom, HD video recording. When I've got that, I'm getting a diary back up and running of some of these new Dutch passion USA strains

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Bin man (09-01-19), MonsterEnergy (09-01-19), Valentina (09-01-19)

Thanks

my current plants should all be down around the start of early february i hope,
    my seedsman seeds should be here by next week so worked out for the best,

my camera is ok, i just get sick of the sight of em come mid/late flower lol
    so trying my damnedest to keep myself in a pattern of taking pictures

godda thank you again for the idea, have sensi seeds already so a side-by-side seemed like a great idea,
    Mon the Macky!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

sourshoes (09-01-19), Valentina (09-01-19)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast