Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A pound shop / dollar store grow off?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,213 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    am gonna try growing the cheaper seedsman jack herer with the expensive sensi seeds jack herer side by side,

seedsman jack are only 3.79p each, sensi seeds are 21.04p each
    have the funniest feeling seedsman is gonna be every bit as good as sensi seeds,...
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Before seeds man, I had never grow any " cheap" seeds. Actually got my first set of seeds man seeds from that comp they ran, 3 packets free, white widow, Cali orange, and Jack herrer.

They were just as good, if not better than any strain I've grown by the bigger seedbanks. And you might have seen me mention, that jack herrer has been my favourite weed I've ever grown! Taking over the long time top spot holder, blue cheese!
    MonsterEnergy, I like that idea! This is gonna be interesting.

There are 4 main phenos for JH, right? So there would be a difference anyway even if the seeds had all come from the same seed bank. Greenhouse Seeds have a video on how their hydro JH grew a few times bigger than their soil JH, which to me says something.

TBH I have some Critical seeds from RQS and some from Dinafem. All are free seeds from Seedsman. The question in my head has been whether to have a 2 on 2 grow, so 4 tiny plants at the same time, or, what I should do with them.

The Seedsman Cream & Cheese CBD is suspiciously similar to another strain called Kush 'N' Cookies CBD by Garden Of Green. If I had the space Id be growing them both and let them duke it out.

Whilst on that subject, Dinafem's Purple Orange CBD is not too different from Peach Puree CBD by G13 either. Both are Diesel crosses with a similar THC:CBD ratio.

LMAO, have I just planned out my 2019 grows?
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (09-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,169 Times

It would be fun to do an all round cheapest grow comp ie see who can grow the best crop with the cheapest tools (and electricity bill etc), ie add up everything at the end of the grow and compare it to the harvest weight. like a cheapskate bud grow off hahaa

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (09-01-19), Valentina (09-01-19)

Thanks

i am just waiting for my next seeds 'damn u macky lol'
    am gonna try growing the cheaper seedsman jack herer with the expensive sensi seeds jack herer side by side,

have the funniest feeling seedsman is gonna be every bit as good as sensi seeds,

marketing or just hype with expensive anything?
    always wondered that myself tbh
    This will be epic!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (09-01-19), sourshoes (09-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Pics are an issue for me too man, my groom is blackout out, no natural light, and the room lights is dim and shit too, I don't have flash on my iPad. And my phone got washed months ago.... I don't even know where it is any more lmao.... need a new one, but I'm not spending 500 quid on a fucking phone!

I'm going to invest in a proper camera, Mrs said I might be able to have it in a couple of weeks, 16 mega pixels, 30-40x optical zoom, HD video recording. When I've got that, I'm getting a diary back up and running of some of these new Dutch passion USA strains
    Macks, do you have to have an iPhone? I picked up a Samsung J4+ for about 150 quid recently. 6 inch screen, works fine. The next model up might be better, but go to their official UK website and have a look. Buying directly from them means no fakes and I just feel assured that way.

What camera are you thinking of? There is a Nikon P900 which I have heard lots of good stuff about.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (09-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    MonsterEnergy, I like that idea! This is gonna be interesting.

There are 4 main phenos for JH, right? So there would be a difference anyway even if the seeds had all come from the same seed bank. Greenhouse Seeds have a video on how their hydro JH grew a few times bigger than their soil JH, which to me says something.

TBH I have some Critical seeds from RQS and some from Dinafem. All are free seeds from Seedsman. The question in my head has been whether to have a 2 on 2 grow, so 4 tiny plants at the same time, or, what I should do with them.

The Seedsman Cream & Cheese CBD is suspiciously similar to another strain called Kush 'N' Cookies CBD by Garden Of Green. If I had the space Id be growing them both and let them duke it out.

Whilst on that subject, Dinafem's Purple Orange CBD is not too different from Peach Puree CBD by G13 either. Both are Diesel crosses with a similar THC:CBD ratio.

LMAO, have I just planned out my 2019 grows?
    will be 3 of each, so not just a single seed side-by-side, that wouldn't be a fair comparison,
    they'll all be grown the same, same pots/medium

if they are all sorta the same it will show you don't have to pay crazy prices to find such a phenotype,
    it costs more for 1 sensi seed than 5 seedsman seeds,

cheap food is a great test, but cheap seeds vs expensive seemed like a great idea,
    was looking at sour diesel you can pay 3.00p a seed that goes all the way upto 32.00p a seed,
    that's something i was very interested in

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Valentina (09-01-19)

Thanks

will be 3 of each, so not just a single seed side-by-side, that wouldn't be a fair comparison...
    Sweet, I agree. Sensi's White Label JH is still some 70 quid for 10. It's still attractive for some F1s, but if the Seedsman JH or Nirvana's Jock Horror could deliver a comparable punch, that would be something to really shout about.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (09-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times

i am just waiting for my next seeds 'damn u macky lol'

have the funniest feeling seedsman is gonna be every bit as good as sensi seeds,

marketing or just hype with expensive anything?
    always wondered that myself tbh
    Great idea! Looking forward to this

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (09-01-19), Valentina (09-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Sweet, I agree. Sensi's White Label JH is still some 70 quid for 10. It's still attractive for some F1s, but if the Seedsman JH or Nirvana's Jock Horror could deliver a comparable punch, that would be something to really shout about.
    there jack herer is 144.49p for 10 regular seeds,
    bc bud depo is 64.98p for 12 regular seeds

i honestly feel it's just what macky said, they up the price to pay for all the advertising only,
    if i can get a real jack herer for 1/10th the price that seemes like something more people should know

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Erby (09-01-19), Priapus (09-01-19), Valentina (09-01-19)

Thanks

i honestly feel it's just what macky said, they up the price to pay for all the advertising only,
    if i can get a real jack herer for 1/10th the price that seemes like something more people should know
    One of the main things is there is no middle man with a companys own genetics, so they will be making the same amount of profit with their own (if not more) than selling someone elses seeds

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (09-01-19), Priapus (09-01-19), Valentina (09-01-19)

Thanks

Kinda depends on what your audience consider just what "real" is.

The strain itself has a few phenos, so even from the same breeder there would be differences. But if the grow was sizeable enough, the overall differences might well average out.

Mr Nice has a strain called NHS, which is made up of Northern Lights, Haze, and Skunk, and that is the same recipe as Jack Herer from Sensi, but different from Seedsman. Still wouldn't surprise me one bit if the plants turn out to be pretty similar to each other.

I gotta admit I am not sure about getting an equally good strain for 1/10th the money is entirely a good idea. I too want the good stuff to reach the masses, but the work that has gone into making a stable strain should be rewarded, alright, by those who can. But for other companies that take clones and sell F1s as their own strain, I dunno man. I mean, yeah, I buy paracetamol from supermarket own brands and not branded stuff, just because I am a tight git, and that I can, but doesn't mean that the Big drug companies don't "deserve" payment. I am just glad I have the option, but this is straying into an ethics and morals thing and is getting way over my head!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (09-01-19), Priapus (09-01-19)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast