Thread: New fan

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,948 Times

Default New fan

Hey everyone. I’m looking to get a new fan, I don’t need a more powerful one just a new one because it’s gotten very quiet and my temps are slowly rising. So will need a new one, just wondering what brand is the best quality for price? Only specification I know already is it’s a 6” but I’m not sure where to find it’s speed or anything... I’m not a massive expert on fans, I acquired this one for free second hand so I have no idea about prices. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (12-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

go for a 6'' L1 Ruck, had mine 3-4 years and it's still running strong,
    will remove 760m3/hour - The L1 means Large, the standard 6'' will remove 470m3/hour

the difference in price is £82 for low speed, £86 for the large version,

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Itslittyofc (12-01-19), Karsa (12-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    go for a 6'' L1 Ruck, had mine 3-4 years and it's still running strong,
    will remove 760m3/hour - The L1 means Large, the standard 6'' will remove 470m3/hour

the difference in price is £82 for low speed, £86 for the large version,
    Jeez, I know that’s probably a good price but damn... gonna have to wait a lil while lol, but more than my budget allows at the minute mate

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (12-01-19)

Thanks

Cheers though bud, I’ve written it down in my notes for my ‘shopping list’ lol. Already got those LED boards by invisisun? I’m not 100% sure that’s their name but I know they sponsor THCtalk, although they are super pricey... maybe one day lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (12-01-19)

Thanks

if ur using an led heat wont be your issue, could probably use a 4'' and still be in the 25c-28c range,
    i use a 600w hid, without proper ventilation id easily hit 38c lol

it's definitely pricey but having a good environment for your girls is priceless
    control the environment, keep a good watering/feeding schedule and the battle is already over hehehe

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Bin man (14-01-19), Itslittyofc (13-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    if ur using an led heat wont be your issue, could probably use a 4'' and still be in the 25c-28c range,
    i use a 600w hid, without proper ventilation id easily hit 38c lol

it's definitely pricey but having a good environment for your girls is priceless
    control the environment, keep a good watering/feeding schedule and the battle is already over hehehe
    I’m currently using a 400w hps, I’ve got a light box for helping keep my temps down a little more.
    I know if I got an LED I wouldn’t need a fan like that but I get the feeling it’ll be a fair while before I get a strong enough LED to replace my hps... May even go for a 600w LED, because my limit for my tent is really heat. I got told in my local hydro shop that a 600w hps was too big for my 2.5ft x 2.5ft x 6ft tent. I’m not sure though as they have a reputation for selling people things they don’t need

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (13-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Itslittyofc View Post
    I’m not sure though as they have a reputation for selling people things they don’t need
    that's all any grow shop does, they want more profit, nothing more
    you want a minimum of 50watts per square foot, but 75w is optimal

your fine with your 400w, the only difference with the led is they need more hight clearance than a 400w
    but ur tent is 6' so you should be good