Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Seedling problems

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GanJ mad View Post
    Thanks man I’ll open the vents fully see how that goes, when the other sprout I’ll remove the lid.

How much water would u give them at this size, or 2 week old matey.
    just use the mister or a small amount of water each time until you get run off at the bottom of your pots
    when they are young ''damp'' medium is the way to go, damp but not soaking

but you do want all the medium damp, so water/mist nice and slowly
    i am usually adding about 200-300ml of water at this stage, but i would be in a 1 liter pot vs a small cup

id definitely let abit of air in, with humidity at 100% and the heat from the lighting it can cause odd twisted growth
    it will fix in no time so don't worry to much

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (16-01-19), GanJ mad (16-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,277 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    just use the mister or a small amount of water each time until you get run off at the bottom of your pots
    when they are young ''damp'' medium is the way to go, damp but not soaking

but you do want all the medium damp, so water/mist nice and slowly
    i am usually adding about 200-300ml of water at this stage, but i would be in a 1 liter pot vs a small cup

id definitely let abit of air in, with humidity at 100% and the heat from the lighting it can cause odd twisted growth
    it will fix in no time so don't worry to much
    Thank mate that’s a lot of help much appreciated, now it sound exactly what your saying it is above.

Trusted growth,
    Ye I’ll water them more I did not want them to be too damp so only Been spraying top layer with a few squirts.

Iv not opened both flats fully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GanJ mad For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (17-01-19), MonsterEnergy (16-01-19)

Thanks

Would u guys turn the heating mat off I have seeds at 3 days old and those at 2 week

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GanJ mad For This Useful Post:

Thanks

there are mostly used to crack/pop seeds, after that they are less use unless rooting clones,
    all they do is dry your soil/medium tbh

if the seeds are all sprouted id turn it off ''jmo''

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (17-01-19), GanJ mad (16-01-19)

Thanks

there are mostly used to crack/pop seeds, after that they are less use unless rooting clones,
    all they do is dry your soil/medium tbh

if the seeds are all sprouted id turn it off ''jmo''
    Sweet ye one is just coming out of shell now so I’ll give another day then turn it off. Just gave other seeds 100ml each no run off but better than what they were top layer dry ish

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GanJ mad For This Useful Post:

Thanks

the heat encourages the taproot to grow down, also warms the soil so perfect for young seedlings
    nice one on adding more water, as long as they don't dry to much you'll be golden

can lift the cups, if they are really light just give em more water, letting them dry out is way worse than adding a little extra water

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (17-01-19), GanJ mad (16-01-19)

Thanks

the heat encourages the taproot to grow down, also warms the soil so perfect for young seedlings
    nice one on adding more water, as long as they don't dry to much you'll be golden

can lift the cups, if they are really light just give em more water, letting them dry out is way worse than adding a little extra water
    Thank nice to know that. I took them out of the pots yesterday coz I thought they were too wet so change coco and started again, cannot see a tap root now unless it’s still in the jiffy, only skinny hair like roots

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GanJ mad For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hello mate, you may benefit from dropping your ph to 5.6 at this stage. Lose the dome, you dont need it now, When you feed, get a good runoff each time. Feed and then wait until the pot loses half its weight, then feed again. Over time, you will notice the pot drying out quicker. At this stage, feed every other day, then after a week or so, feed every day. Key to growing in coco is number 1, accurate ph going in the pot. 2, Get a decent amount of runoff every time to set the ph in the medium. Follow those two rules and not much can go wrong really. Provided your environment is sound of course. Hope this helps mate.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladymaryjane For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (17-01-19), GanJ mad (17-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladymaryjane View Post
    Hello mate, you may benefit from dropping your ph to 5.6 at this stage. Lose the dome, you dont need it now, When you feed, get a good runoff each time. Feed and then wait until the pot loses half its weight, then feed again. Over time, you will notice the pot drying out quicker. At this stage, feed every other day, then after a week or so, feed every day. Key to growing in coco is number 1, accurate ph going in the pot. 2, Get a decent amount of runoff every time to set the ph in the medium. Follow those two rules and not much can go wrong really. Provided your environment is sound of course. Hope this helps mate.
    Thanks ladyjane, ye I’ll try that out I have a veg room made up in my cupboard, just need a light was gonna go buy a LeD string light as there better than t5 so maybe what I need to do.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GanJ mad For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (17-01-19), ladymaryjane (17-01-19)

Thanks

I had very good results using cfl's for seedlings and early vegging. Led's weren't around back then, lol. One more thing mate. Ph. Ph to 5.6 in early life, moving up to 5.7 when the plants have around 4 sets of leaves. From there, 5.8 through active vegetative growth, moving up to 5.9 in bloom. Drop every third feed to 5.6 throughout the grow.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladymaryjane For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (17-01-19), GanJ mad (17-01-19)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast