Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Mycorrhizal Fungi, whats it all about

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,186 Times

Real good read that Gaz. Keep up the good work

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

British green (07-05-19), Gaz (07-05-19), GEORGE (07-05-19), happyjack (08-05-19), Valentina (08-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

used this from biotabs

Mycotrex
    Mycotrex is a Mycorrhiza inoculum that contains a mixture of 9 different of mycorrhiza spores. Available in 50, 100 and 500 gram tubs.
    Potting soil must always be sterile and may not contain pathogens or weed seeds. For this reason, most potting soil mixtures are steamed, which also kills the useful mycorrhizae and beneficial soil bacteria. The absence of helpful bacteria makes crops very vulnerable. Mycorrhizae are beneficial soil fungi that coexist in symbiosis with plants. They increase the effective root surface since they act like an extension of the roots. This leads to an increase in the uptake capacity of the root system by 700%, which means the plants can take-up water and nutrients much more easily. This is why it’s very important to add Mycotrex to your potting soil.
    Mycotrex is a mixture of 9 different types of mycorrhiza fungi, consisting of spores from the Glomus claroideus, Glomus etunicatum, Glomus clarum, Glomus sp., Glomus microaggregatum, Glomus intraradices, Glomus mosseae, Glomus geosporum and Entrophospora colombiana genus.
    These spores, in combination, will germinate and colonise the root system. In this way, the so-called vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae become established. This vastly increases the uptake capacity of the root system. In addition, the gossamer-thin hyphae, penetrate far into the soil pores, allowing them to convert & take-up, all the available nutrients, in quantities the plant needs.
    Countless studies around the world have conclusively shown that plants with a good mycorrhiza system have better growth with higher survival rates. They also take in more nutrients (e.g. phosphates and silicon). Finally, these plants have a much improved water uptake and will retain the water for a longer period of time.
    Plants with a good mycorrhiza system are healthier and have better resistance against soil-borne diseases. Useful Rhizobacteria and natural humic acids are also added to Mycotrex to promote the initial root development.

noticed a huge increase of water uptake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DD810F3B-0F94-432D-961A-AA1E29E03231.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	372096  
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

British green (08-05-19), Gaz (08-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19), happyjack (08-05-19), Valentina (08-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by lipnobody View Post
    used this from biotabs

Mycotrex
    Mycotrex is a Mycorrhiza inoculum that contains a mixture of 9 different of mycorrhiza spores. Available in 50, 100 and 500 gram tubs.
    Potting soil must always be sterile and may not contain pathogens or weed seeds. For this reason, most potting soil mixtures are steamed, which also kills the useful mycorrhizae and beneficial soil bacteria. The absence of helpful bacteria makes crops very vulnerable. Mycorrhizae are beneficial soil fungi that coexist in symbiosis with plants. They increase the effective root surface since they act like an extension of the roots. This leads to an increase in the uptake capacity of the root system by 700%, which means the plants can take-up water and nutrients much more easily. This is why it’s very important to add Mycotrex to your potting soil.
    Mycotrex is a mixture of 9 different types of mycorrhiza fungi, consisting of spores from the Glomus claroideus, Glomus etunicatum, Glomus clarum, Glomus sp., Glomus microaggregatum, Glomus intraradices, Glomus mosseae, Glomus geosporum and Entrophospora colombiana genus.
    These spores, in combination, will germinate and colonise the root system. In this way, the so-called vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae become established. This vastly increases the uptake capacity of the root system. In addition, the gossamer-thin hyphae, penetrate far into the soil pores, allowing them to convert & take-up, all the available nutrients, in quantities the plant needs.
    Countless studies around the world have conclusively shown that plants with a good mycorrhiza system have better growth with higher survival rates. They also take in more nutrients (e.g. phosphates and silicon). Finally, these plants have a much improved water uptake and will retain the water for a longer period of time.
    Plants with a good mycorrhiza system are healthier and have better resistance against soil-borne diseases. Useful Rhizobacteria and natural humic acids are also added to Mycotrex to promote the initial root development.

noticed a huge increase of water uptake.
    Only one of them 9 has a relationship with canna mate thats what Im getting at. Only glomus intraradices has a mycorrhizal relationship with canna. Your buying 8 lots of spores thar wont have any relationship with the target plant?

Those products are blanket products that will target 96% of plants. I want just the canna spores not anything else

Mykos = just glomus intraradices and nothin else
    Last edited by Gaz; 08-05-19 at 09:02 AM.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

British green (08-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19), happyjack (08-05-19), lipnobody (09-05-19), Valentina (08-05-19)

Thanks

My apologies 2 spores in that product are what we want

Glomus mosseae
    Glomus intraradices

These 2 are canna related spores

Lol just double checked pubmed.

If anyone finds a product with just those 2 please let me know
    Last edited by Gaz; 08-05-19 at 09:20 AM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

British green (08-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19), happyjack (08-05-19), lipnobody (09-05-19), Valentina (08-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

have been using great white for the last couple of grows with good results, got it cheap enough online, cheaper than the grow shop I use

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

British green (08-05-19), Gaz (08-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19), Valentina (08-05-19)

Thanks

All of these products will work no doubt at all, Im just looking at where my money goes and I want to pay only for spores that will work rather than a product with tons of stuff in that wont work or could inhibit the Mycorrhizal action like Tricherdema can.

This is just my opinion based on the published research I have read and by no means am I the authority here nor should I be treated so.

Redz has many years of successful growing and uses mycorr and I would honestly listen to him over me, but sharing Ideas is how things evolve

Im an unproven grower with little experience and just a thoery. Theory is bullshit compared to experience.

But if we combine the two........

Magic
    Last edited by Gaz; 08-05-19 at 09:38 AM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If we become a hive mind we wont progress, if new thoery is tested by old heads we could really push shit forward.

Alot of this research is very new guys very new

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

after over 20 years growing cannabis my experience counts for nothing I have adhd is the attention deficit leaves me bewildered not understanding whats going on around me, always trying listen and take on board good advice

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

Gaz (08-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19), lipnobody (09-05-19), Valentina (08-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
    after over 20 years growing cannabis my experience counts for nothing I have adhd is the attention deficit leaves me bewildered not understanding whats going on around me, always trying listen and take on board good advice
    Lol I have ADHD mate but I have the hyperfocus element, im. Just starting treatment after 38 years undiagnosed

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-05-19), happyjack (08-05-19), lipnobody (09-05-19), Valentina (08-05-19)

Thanks

trouble with hyper focus is locking on to something and nothing else on the planet matters, apart from very high spec adhd I have low speck autism i'm 73 now and it have never decreased, but you will love hyper activity going into old age, in fact you would pay to have it

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

Gaz (08-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19), lipnobody (09-05-19), Valentina (08-05-19)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast